The evolution of goth

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Hammered_gods

W:O:A Metalmaster
5 Sep. 2002
Czech Republic
Website besuchen
Well fetish and goth scenes are connected. I personaly like them to be devided cause I am more of a fetishist and less goth, and especially hate attitude I am listening to that stuff so I will wear same clothes as others.

monochrom

15 Aug. 2002
Hamburg
Website besuchen
mugabe schrieb:
Old goth: http://www.kurtz.se/sisters.jpg

Q: What is wrong with this picture?
A: Nothing.

vs.

New goth: http://www.kurtz.se/blutengel.jpg

Q: What is wrong with this picture?
A: Everything.

I'm still intrigued with the goth mistery. How did it come about that the by far most interesting music scene of the seventies and eighties turned into this idiot velvet-vampire-fetish mixture for very little children, with the worst possible music? And when exactly did it happen? What made music like the Fields, Siouxsie, bauhaus and so on turn into HIM, Blutengel, Illuminate and all the other obnoxious shit?

Hammered_gods

5 Sep. 2002
Czech Republic
Website besuchen
monochrom schrieb:
I'm still intrigued with the goth mistery. How did it come about that the by far most interesting music scene of the seventies and eighties turned into this idiot velvet-vampire-fetish mixture for very little children, with the worst possible music? And when exactly did it happen? What made music like the Fields, Siouxsie, bauhaus and so on turn into HIM, Blutengel, Illuminate and all the other obnoxious shit?

Well CoF helped a lot. It is just an evolution, even in black metal, death metal or whichever scene you will find great bands and total poser shit. Thats why I dont feel to be metalhead, grindhead or whatever....I liste only to stuff I like, and not because it is grind, black metal or gothic... I hate people who only listen to one or two kinds of music and listen to bands even if they are crap "just because it is their favorite music style".