Stop The Manipulation!!!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Sodomy&Lust

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
One of the many stinky shits that there are in Spain are the newspapers. An information about Soziedad Alkohólika, a Basque thrash-core-punk band formed in 1988, appeared in "El Mundo" some weeks ago. That information said that S.A. were a pro-ETA and an anti-Jews band. FUCKING JOURNALISTS!!!! What's the result of that bullshit? Many Soziedad Alkohólika gigs that were going to take place this summer in Spain have been cancelled after that information appeared in that newspaper and in some others, later.

What's the problem with S.A.? They want more autonomy for the Basque Country (the same as ETA terrorists, but also the same as most of the basques), but they've always defended the dialog, and have even sang against every kind of terrorism (which includes government terrorism, maybe it's that that annoyed them). But those fucking journalists make the mental association 'Basque => Terrorist'. I'm really fed up of all that shit!!. They're spreading hatred against the Basque people, and I'm a Basque myself, and I think ETA is the biggest shit of this country!! If a nazi asshole finds out that I'm basque, he'll have one more reason to break my head bones, that's the way things work here, and it'll go the same way, the media power increases day after day.

Those asshole journalists want to kill Basque combative music (just because those bands' opinions are against people like them), but they'll fail!!!

That's all I wanted to say, I became really angry when I read that information in the soziedad alkohólika homepage, and just wanted to express it. Thanks for reading such a long post. AGUR!!

STOP THE MANIPULATION!!!!

argon factor

13 Juni 2002
Berlin
Website besuchen
Well, the same shit is probably happening all around the world. There's a German rock band called Böhse Onkelz, who sang some nazi stuff 20 years ago during their puberty (2 or 3 songs in whole @ the age of 16). Later they admitted that it was a mistake and regretted all this in public. But the newspapers still call them a nazi band after 20 years, although they play songs that are definetely against nazis etc. The journalists are too lazy to do some research and have just been copying the shit of their colleagues for 20 years now.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not an Onkelz-fan, I actually don't give a rat's ass for them, but still its quite unfair.

Second example: After the massacre in Erfurt (you probably heard about that even abroad) the Spiegel-mag wrote that its all the fault of movies, 3d-games and the music of Slipknot. They wrote that Slipknot are throwing their excrements at the audience during their concerts. Well, I'm pretty sure they don't, but all the idiots who read that will believe that now :-(

Wackianne

W:O:A Metalhead
29 Nov. 2001
Nijmegen
beam.to
Hey, good morning,
yeah... newspapers can really be such a pain in the ass...!! Too often they just put the blame on those people that the nation and government wants to be blamed... They choose a scapegoat and the readers are grateful to see somebody punished, whoever it is. However it seems like that for me, I hope I´ve expressed it properly :).

Svartsinn

10 Apr. 2002
Trondheim, Norway
www.svartsinn.com
Too many people take newspapers for granted...seems like a lot of people wants the paper to think for them, much like some shitty religion I know of...It irritates me to the bones that the herds of "standard" people still doesn't think for themselves even in the year 2002. I always make my own opinion on things, even if someone has a different story - I must learn the truth myself!

As wolves among sheep we have wandered!

anthares

26 Mai 2002
Gutters of Vallila
Website besuchen
Stop the ejaculation!

Sodomy: in how many newspapers was that blaming Soziedad Alkohólika as ETA terrorists and anti-jew band? Was there any coments from the band itself? Yeah! I know that many journalists create their own statements for someones elses mouth. It suxx bad time.
And btw. do you happen to know political hardcoreband called Sin Dios from there?

Sodomy&Lust

13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
This shit also happened with Ozzy Osbourne and with Judas Priest. I only remember the Judas Priest case. Two teenager, completely drank and drugged, committed suicide while they listened Judas Priest ("better by you, better than me"). Fortunately, Judas Priest were declared innocent, but in the future that may not happen (but let's cross fingers....).

Journalist love to turn Rock and/or Metal into the guilties of every shit. I've sent them a few letters, but none of them has been published.....

@anthares: Soziedad Alkohólika were planning to take "El Mundo" to court because of verbal injuries. About Sin Dios (without God): I know them, but they're not my cup of tea. Why do you know them? They don't belong to any music company, they self-distribute their albums

Rosk

30 Mai 2002
Monterrey, Mexico
The media always tries to blame music for the society problems.... the music won't cause any trouble, it just reflects a ponit of view of the musician.... Here in my city, some fucked-up 16 year old kid murdered a 13 year old girl with his bare hands, and the media blames the music this asshole listened too..... the "satanic and evil" music of Marilyn Manson (they suck anyway), instead of blaming the education or the problems this little bastard had....... it's the easiest thing to do.... as in Southpark... lets blame Canada! or blame something we don't know, or not like!!!

Well.... speaking of music (and Basque bands) Sodomy.. I've seens reviews of a CD called TRIARCHY OF VASCONIA: Iluntasunaren Itzulera. It's a compilation of Basque folk-black metal bands like Adhur, Aiumeen Basoa and Ilbeltz... do you know it??, is it good???, do you know any of this bands???

Thordis V.

W:O:A Metalgod
25 Nov. 2001
Linz und Bern
www.myspace.com
Kaixo!

It's always easy to tell things which aren't true. Most journalists are stupid and they just tell us fairy tales. I don't know if El Mundo is more a tabloid or a serious paper. But an intelligent one doesn't give too much onto newspapers anyway.

I remember an article in an Upper Austrian Newspaper describing metalheads as 'tattooed, lot of muscels, having not emanciped girls... ' and so forth. I was thinking that this newspaper was serious, but now for me it's a tabloid, too.

And some Spanish people think that they can give all Basques the fault for the problems. Why don't they Spanish government give them their little piece of country? The Pais Vasco has a lot of economical problems, a lot of unemployment - at least I've this information. So why not split off? The Spanish government would have less problems and all would have peace.

In Italy you have kinda some problems, but without terrorism. The North (Padania) wants to split from the South (Italy). And I know people from Palermo and Bergamo and both blame the others for it. North Italian thinks that the southern Italian doesn't work and he has to pay for his Southern neighbour. It's true that umployment rate is in Southern Italy higher and people are poorer. But the South Italian will say: 'Yes, we're poor and have no work as all industry is in the North.'

I think the main problem isn't any easy. If you have more than one nation in a country, they often want to have their own. Just read through Austria's history from 1865 to 1918 - you'll find the same.

So at the end.... I've noticed once more that journalists have a lot of fanatsy and all tabloids are as worth as toilet paper :D

Agur.

Evenfiel

4 Mai 2002
Originally posted by Thordis V.

And some Spanish people think that they can give all Basques the fault for the problems. Why don't they Spanish government give them their little piece of country? The Pais Vasco has a lot of economical problems, a lot of unemployment - at least I've this information. So why not split off? The Spanish government would have less problems and all would have peace.

I think that the area in which the basques want their country has a lot of mineral resources. Is that right S&L?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

anthares

26 Mai 2002
Gutters of Vallila
Website besuchen
Originally posted by Sodomy&Lust
About Sin Dios (without God): I know them, but they're not my cup of tea. Why do you know them? They don't belong to any music company, they self-distribute their albums

Well... They were in Finland last summer and I bought their cd later on some distro or something. Many other band does not belong in any BIG music company. Its not hard to get for example Spanish hardcore or metal, it just depends where you buy them. I dont find anything interesting stuff from "corporate" record stores or something. And its muuuuch more cheaper to use distros and stuff like that...
And oh yes! Spanish old MG-15 fucken´ rules!!

Sodomy&Lust

13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
MG-15?? What's that? :confused:

@Thordis: The problems in the Basque country related to unemployment or bad economy aren't that big, I think, it must be an average comunity. Some are wealthier, like Madrid or Catalonia, but others are much poorer, like Andalucía or Extremadura (southern Spain). Anyway, I'm against creating new frontiers, but if that's what the Basques want, why not? If that happens I only hope I'm allowed to get a double nacionality, I don't want to be a foreigner in a country like this. And sadly, "El Mundo" is a serious newspaper, not a tabloid, although there's a really hilarious video in Internet with its president having a brutal orgy with some ladies, none of wich was his wife :D :D.

@evenfiel: The Basque Country has a lot of metalurgic resources, that's all I know