Statement Ii + Rockhard News

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

monochrom

W:O:A Metalmaster
15 Aug. 2002
Hamburg
Website besuchen
I really like Full Force and Summer Breeze.

Full Force has grown, but is still very comfortable for the festival-goer. The two stages are very close, beer prices are O.K., Sound is better compared to the other festivals. Nearly no true metal, but lots of good Death, Black, Thrash, Hardcorure, Punk, you get to see quite a lot of legends. Nu Metal is accepted, people generally get along very good, the east german rock fans are a good crowd and great hosts. Not as many people speak english, but the festival has become quite international over the years. An awful lot of Skandinavians are there, maybe because of the Knüppelnacht. They have like different theme nights, and Friday night is reserved for Death and Black Metal. Awesome! This year Behemoth, Grave, Lock Up, Marduk, Kataklysm and Impaled Nazarene murdered the audience, but the line-up is always state-of-the-art.

Summer Breeze is lovely. Last year it was still one-stage, this year it seems that it will grow quite a bit. But still, the feeling is very underground, with the security being rock and metal fans (please, don't ever hire professionals - I never felt safer during a concert), and good vibes in general. Also, a wonderful audience - if you're unknown but good they don't care and make you a headliner. Very bad for big bands who have a shitty day, the audience will just go away. I loved this! Music-wise they take a different approach still, this is a METAL festival - but all kinds, be it new, true, blue, shoe, death, black, gothic, thrash or even good old rock'n roll. But no punkrock there. Still, very cool festival, will probably be HUGE next year as they are moving to a bigger, more festival-orientated site. What sucks is that the tents are 2,5 km away, and you get the usual shuttle-fuck-up and drunk driving. Still, I'm gonna have a great time next year.

cu

mono

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Is there any web site available that have links to europe metal festivals??

Never even heard about summer breeze until this year when I went to Wacken...

sisterofnight

11 Juli 2002
Derby, UK
http
I totally agree with Shukri on all points too. Our view was blocked by camera men at which was a real shame.
I also wonder why they can't put some big plastic rubbish bins here and there? I don't know if I'm missing a reason but it might help a bit, I know i'd use them.

Iscariot

W:O:A Metalhead
9 Jan. 2002
Apeldoorn- Netherlands
surf.to
They could do that and ofcourse people will use it but you also have the chance that some idiots will put such things on fire or something.
But it was indeed something I also was thinking about.

In general I haven't much complains about this years festival, only the high food and drink prices, free water against the heat and no more cash dispensers.

They do had more shower camps but I think they shared the water things outside over the shower camps so There were less of those things at each shower camp... And the water was not quite drinkable....

hmmm, still some complains...but hey...I am human...:)Guess there is always something not perfect but this year was still great I think!

Evenfiel

4 Mai 2002
Originally posted by Iscariot

They do had more shower camps but I think they shared the water things outside over the shower camps so There were less of those things at each shower camp... And the water was not quite drinkable....

Really? I drank at least one liter of that water, and my friend had about 3 liters of it. Hey, we are still alive! :)

Sodomy&Lust

13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
I drank water as a motherfucker, mainly on friday, to overcome the hangover, and nothing happenned to me. No diarrhea, I shitted as usually :)

Lordwalter

23 Apr. 2002
Buenos Aires, ARGENTINA
www.metal-daze.com
I also drank that water and nothin happened to me!!
Hey, I´m still alive!!
The only thing I hope, is that despite all this comments I can see the most of you again next year!! Drinking, having a good time and listen to the fu..ing great Heavy Metal music!!

See you!!

Evenfiel

4 Mai 2002
I have to confess that I felt my stomach a little bit heavy after drinking that water... :D :D