Some newbie questions please...

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

wann

I'm planning on going to Wacken this year for the first time but I have some questions.

- What is the age limit for drinking (is there a difference between beer and stronger alcoholic drinks?)? And is this really checked? How much do these things cost?

- Can I bring some of my own stuff with me like the vodka that's lying around here? :D

- Are there any Dutch people going by train who I can travel together with?

xantia

W:O:A Metalmaster
25 Nov. 2001
Graz (Austria)
Originally posted by wann
I'm planning on going to Wacken this year for the first time but I have some questions.

- What is the age limit for drinking (is there a difference between beer and stronger alcoholic drinks?)? And is this really checked? How much do these things cost?

- Can I bring some of my own stuff with me like the vodka that's lying around here? :D

hi!
alcohol-drinking not allowed till the age of 16 and i think everything with more than 20 vol.% not under 18...

you can bring your own stuff to the camping-area (as much as you want) but not to the festival-area

dutch? haven't seen anybody ;)

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden

No idea on limit for alcohol, no idea if they check it if there is one.

You can bring stuff to drink to the camp ground, but not into the festival area, in there you gotta buy whatever you need for drinking.

There are some Dutch guys around, lets see if they observe the thread.

Kate McGee

W:O:A Metalgod
13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
Originally posted by Brat
Speaking of Dutch guys, Supercharger (Ray) hasn't been here for so long.

Anyone heard from him?
I have contact to him via MSN Messenger whenever I am in Bamberg (which is not very often because I have university holidays right now, until Monday :D).
He's fine, he's got a nice new girlfriend apparently, and he's busily writing reviews and having interviews for a Dutch e-zine called www.zwaremetalen.com :) and he's a GOOD interviewer!
Well, he doesn't miss anything in here, does he...

@wann: Supercharger is a nice guy, from Deventer, but I'm not that sure if and how he's going to WOA this year. But I think so...

Kate McGee

W:O:A Metalgod
13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
Re: Re: Some newbie questions please...

Originally posted by gnoff
No idea on limit for alcohol, no idea if they check it if there is one.

You can bring stuff to drink to the camp ground, but not into the festival area, in there you gotta buy whatever you need for drinking.
oh, and they usually don't check how old you are, at least concerning beer and mead...but I must say that I've never bought "stronger" stuff so I don't know about that

By the way, you ARE allowed to take "Tetrapacks" to the festival (!) area. Up to 1,5 litres, I think. As long as there's no alcohol in there. But juice or water...no problem. :) At least last year!

wann

Thanks some more for your answers everybody.

Originally posted by PsychicVeteran
If you can get to Aachen, you might be able to get a lift from there with some German people, in fact if you want to travel on Thursday, I could probably even organise you a lift from there with a friend of mine...
Thanks for the offer, I'll think about it.

Now for my next question: I wanted to order a ticket from metaltix.com, but I was looking at the ways you can pay... Can anyone tell me what 'Nachnahme' means? I wanted to ask them but their contact-page is missing (http://www.metaltix.com/index_kontakt.php).

PsychicVeteran

Thanks some more for your answers everybody.

Thanks for the offer, I'll think about it.

Now for my next question: I wanted to order a ticket from metaltix.com, but I was looking at the ways you can pay... Can anyone tell me what 'Nachnahme' means? I wanted to ask them but their contact-page is missing (http://www.metaltix.com/index_kontakt.php).

Cash on delivery...

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
Originally posted by Hammered_gods
Nobody ever asked me about my age when I was buying alcohol ...but since I am 18 they just started to ask me for it :D:D:D:D Thats fucking funny :D

actually when I was 29 they asked for my passport when I wanted to buy a bottle of sparkling wine :eek: :mad: :eek:
But that happened definitely NOT at Wacken :D :D