Shitload of questions!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

necrophagiac

W:O:A Metalhead
4 März 2002
Manchester/UK
Website besuchen
Hi all! Ive got a load of questions i want to ask, but i wanted to ask you lot for the answers rather than in the q&a section...(hope nobody minds!).

Its my first time after all, and im pretty goddamn excited!

1) Is everyone gonna be friendly?! What i mean is that basically, im coming from the UK on my own, and i want to know if everyones cool with each other. I want to meet people and just get really pissed. So what im saying is will i be able to kind of wonder around and talk to people and drink with them and just hang around and shit? And on the coach on the way down, I hope everyones up for getting pissed!

2) Weed. How much of the stuff is going around.? We all smoke it, but is it easy to get hold of some? I dont really want to be carrying it from the uk and through France and germany!

3) Can i get a tattoo anywhere in wacken?

4) Is The beer cheaper than in the uk? And is there a sort of town with cheap shops or something. So you can buy food and drink and take it back to your camp, without having to walk for miles?

5) Is the weather good in Germany at around that time of year?!

6) Is jagermeister easy to get hold of?

7) Do a lot of people speak english? Because allthough i did German in school (way back!) i have always been useless at languages!

Thanks a lot for looking guys.

Samurai

9 März 2002
Unterfranken
Website besuchen
1. Yeah the atmosphere is perfect, you can get drunk with nearly everyone there :D

2. Don't know (i'm no friend of that stuff), but the police controls, so be careful, if you are going to bring your own weed with you

3. ööööh don't know

4. yeah the beer is rather cheap, especially in the supermarket in the town of Wacken (it's just some minutes to walk), but on the festival area itself, it can be rather expensive

5. Normally, but you can never sure ;)

6. Depends

7. Yeah, should be no problem, most people do

Thordis V.

W:O:A Metalgod
25 Nov. 2001
Linz und Bern
www.myspace.com
1) Yes, that works. Last year was hanging around with Swedes, Germans and Spanish. I was running around sometimes alone and nothing happend. So it's quite save to go there.

2) Hmm... well I don't want to be punished so that's why I go to Amsterdam first ;)

3) Ask Wacken-Holger, maybe he knows that....

4) Yes, we use to bring a lot of food with us. Beer, no problem. Last year the petrol station even sold it. Food in the supermarktes, but calculate some time... they are usually filled with metalheads.

5) Hmmm... last year the weatherforecast on wetter.com was bad for Wacken, but it came other way round. I think it's not false to bring some warm cloths for raining days. And don't forget - if you're having light skin - sunmilk. Sun is stronger than you may think....

6) Don't know

7) Well in all European countries it's thought at school e.g. in Austria at least for 9 years, goes up to 13 years at school, sometimes even in university (e.g. I'm having English now for jurisprudence). So a conversation is possible. I noticed that Skandinavians usually have a very good English, Germans and Austrians well - it really depends on teachers you had - I expericend both. People from southern European countries are sometimes really hard to understand - last year I talked in Italian to a Spanish guy and he in Spanish to me - worked better than English. But even if some aren't good English speakers - I think an easy conversation about daily life should be possible.

ThorS

6 März 2002
Köflach, Ö
Website besuchen
i went to wacken for the first time last year , and it was great.

we were also only two, and found some people for drinking and talking shit within a few minutes after arriving so don´t bother about that.

guess there´s nothing more to add because samurai and thordis already said the most imprtand stuff:

yust enjoy it.

i´m sure it will be fun.

aborted

21 Feb. 2002
Hamburg
Website besuchen
as nobody´s answered no.6 yet - it´s way to easy to get hold of jägermeister!!! if you´re not too drunk to take a walk to the main "supermarket" (its tiny compared to tesko or asda - its a mini spar markt!) you can buy a fairly big bottle for apporx. 7pounds. If you´re too lazy to walk to that store you can also buy it in smaller bottles at the "spar markt tent" on the camp ground. Do it!!! I did last year and ended up passing out for a whole fucking afternoon, missed the football match and felt shit the whole night after! But who cares, at least I didn´t end up like one of my "dinking companions". Unfotunatley as I was too pissed I can´t remeber it happening, but he was brought to hospital to have his stomache pumped out!!! and then he was only allowed to drink water the rest of the festival - poor guy!

whereabout in GB are you coming from?

aborted

21 Feb. 2002
Hamburg
Website besuchen
I "came" from the UK a few years ago...
and I´m always happy to meet up with people from "home".

Seems like loads of metal heads are more up north, or? I mean, I lived in St.Austell (cornwall) and thats was absolutely not the place to be being into metal!

necrophagiac

4 März 2002
Manchester/UK
Website besuchen
I wouldnt say there was a lot more "up north"! Not that i can see anyway. Theres loads of metal/pop fans, but i am coming on my own because i have never met one person who likes any of the same bands as me, and certainly no-one who would travel to germany to see them...

It pretty much sucks!

aborted

21 Feb. 2002
Hamburg
Website besuchen
well I guess you´ll love Wacken then!!!
I was so fucking lucky wehn my parents decided to move to germany - they chose a village just five minutes from the festival!
okay, there aren´t any metal fans there either but a graet festival was near and of course hamburg - good place for concerts! If you ever decide to leave England - come here! It´s festival heaven. I´m starting my festival season in a few weeks and there´s a least four to go before Wacken! Okay, I do miss GB, but theres loads here to make up for it...
oh, whatever - gotta get back to my studies...
cheers and maybe see ya in wacken!

voice_of_hell

21 Feb. 2002
England
Website besuchen
There are metallers in the south of the UK too, like ME! The metal contingent near and around London is huge, thats why all the bands play here when they come to the UK. Four of us are coming from the South East for the first time to Wacken! We exspect lots of friendly metallers and lots of cheap beer! We're flying because it's quicker, we got flights with wacken air for about 40 pounds return. All that Wacken needs now is a few more brutal bands like Cryptopsy and Exhumed!

xpet

25 Jan. 2002
Hamburg
Originally posted by voice_of_hell
We're flying because it's quicker, we got flights with wacken air for about 40 pounds return.

you are flying with Wacken air??? What kind of company ist that?? Never heard about! :confused:

and about question No. 3 - getting a tattoo at Wacken - maybe its possible, but I dont know it really. There are some piercing stalls, of course.
But do you really want to get a tattoo at a festival??? There´s not really a choice for the artist, there´s a lot of dust and mud, not really clean water but a lot of sun - all those facts are not the best preferences!
And as you might know, you also shouldnt get tattooed when you are drunk (or were drunk the day before) and the other way round with a fresh tattoo.
I would think again about this plan! ;) ;) ;)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
29 Jan. 2002
Eindhoven (NL)
Website besuchen
1) Very definately

2) Dunno, lots of people ask me to sell them weed every year, but i don't really use it (i don't really not use it either) and i never bring it myself.

3) You can, but it is a bad idea to get tattoos at a festival.

4) The beer in the supermarket will cost like one fifth of what it costs in the UK.

5) chances are pretty positive

6) no idea

7) Sure. I (from holland) dont speak german either, and english usually works.

Brat

26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
I agree and not getting tattoos at a festival and I would also question the wisdom of getting a piercing at a festival too.

The hygiene standards would be basic, to start. Plus once pierced you have to clean the piercing everyday and if you don't intend to shower during Wacken you're going to have problems from the start. Plus piercings are 'sensitive & fragile' while healing and the last thing you need are bumps and knocks while rolling around drunk in a campsite or squashed in the crowd trying to get a better view of the stage. Piercings also require follow up check ups, etc.