Racism at Wacken?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

MetalDave81

23 Nov. 2003
London, England
Website besuchen
Ok I am white...but I know that I would not have any racist ideas at Wacken or anywhere else. Hey it is all about music. MUSIC IS COLOUR BLIND!

I know it is easy for me to say that I have not experienced any racism at Wacken but I just don;t think it happens there, if it does it is only preformed by a few uneducated idiots!.

Ok yeah most are white at Wacken but that is a problem with metal as a genre, not Wacken.

I may get contoversial here but please believe me when I say I am not racist...

The common conception is that black or not white people listen to RnB, Rap and jungle (Is that still going?). Metal suffers from people thinking it is only white people that are accepted into metal.

Wacken has an awesome atmosphere and I cannot wait till this years festival.

RACISM SUCKS AND IS IDIOTIC!

I hope this message is not taken off....

Oh yeah..hopefully Iced Earth will play this year...maybe...what a way to initiate Tim (Not Ripper)!

LXE

W:O:A Metalhead
17 Juni 2003
Mpls. MN USA
LXE.US
I don't know what everyone is so worried about. I've heard of people shunning the fest completley because of a percieved racist band appearing....I don't know if they are or not and I also don't know how much "power" the racist groups have over there in Germany but I'm personally not worried about it. First of all I don't think the good people who put the thing together would book bands that are really really racists or nazi or whatever.....second of all I'm not afraid of them anyway. I've had encounters with asshole skinheads (they seem to have thinned out lately thank god) around here and I know they are evil pricks who like to gang up on people but they are also generally very stupid. Even if there is an invasion of a-holes, is everyone really going to act afraid of them or what? Not me. I'm not saying anyone should fight, but we can watch eachothers backs to keep the violent fun friendly.
There are going to be people from all over the world there and all looking for a good happy time so if anyone feels the need to be outright racist THEY are the ones who don't belong in Wacken. Hopefully everyone there will put aside their prejudices (and political frustrations with other peoples countries) for a nice long weekend and everyone will be jolly.

The Raven

21 Jan. 2004
Bangalore, India
www.kryptos.net
Well, i guess i have stirred this topic.

As i mentioned earlier (or not), i'm there for metal! nothing more nothing less. as i said earlier, this guy just kinda ticked me off! and i was just wondering - which i why i posted, i know for a fact that the world has evolved to think further than colour, origin, etc...

As a metalhead aptly puts it above, "FUCK RACISM, DRINK BEER, METAL RULES!!!"

monochrom

W:O:A Metalmaster
15 Aug. 2002
Hamburg
Website besuchen
Originally posted by MetalDave81

The common conception is that black or not white people listen to RnB, Rap and jungle (Is that still going?). Metal suffers from people thinking it is only white people that are accepted into metal.

If people think that way they are dead wrong. Metal is big all over Asia, has a very good underground scene in nearly all the islamic countries, and is also very much accepted with american natives - the scenes in Colombia, Brazil, Mexico or Guatemala all have native americans in them. When I visited New Zealand, there were also quite a lot of Maori/Plynesian Metalheads. It is pretty much world music now, with the possible exception of sub-saharan africa and the cental asian states.

Thordis V.

W:O:A Metalgod
25 Nov. 2001
Linz und Bern
www.myspace.com
I've hardly expericend racism so far... in 2001 there was a small group next to us singing 'strange' songs, but they left very early.
What I like about Wacken is that people from all over the world come over there... in 2002 I had neighbours from Torino and South Africa....

miss_terre4

28 Jan. 2004
France
Website besuchen
I really don't think that racism is the biggest problem of the Wacken festival. OK, it can happen, you can sit near those kind of people, because there's racism in society, and Wacken is a little one.

BUT: There's soooo many goooooood people, everywhere, in every places, in every streets, every tents, that you can't have any problems with those "strange groups". I've never seen violence, or blood, in wacken. Anyway, this is the only place where you can live your own metal life, WELCOME!!!

You fuck those people outside of Wacken? Me toooo
Sooo, it's the same deal during this week end.

Hammered_gods

5 Sep. 2002
Czech Republic
Website besuchen
Originally posted by miss_terre4
I really don't think that racism is the biggest problem of the Wacken festival. OK, it can happen, you can sit near those kind of people, because there's racism in society, and Wacken is a little one.

BUT: There's soooo many goooooood people, everywhere, in every places, in every streets, every tents, that you can't have any problems with those "strange groups". I've never seen violence, or blood, in wacken. Anyway, this is the only place where you can live your own metal life, WELCOME!!!

You fuck those people outside of Wacken? Me toooo
Sooo, it's the same deal during this week end.

You know what I miss on wacken? Brutal pits, in which, of course you can hurt. Like one guy had bare back and scratches from somebody...well fuck that it happens and it is cool. Or Shizzo, he hurt himself while crowdsurfing....Or bruises from kicking the shit out of each other.....if the pit is not brutal, it is not a concert !!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

miss_terre4

28 Jan. 2004
France
Website besuchen
I see, so, I mean, I'm a miss, so, I like all kind of brutality in music, but, hehe, maybe not on me...

Yeah, I like to be just in front of stages, trying to stay alive in the middle of all those "violence" created by the music... lol

LOOOL, it's enough for me, you know that a girl, even if she can drink harder than a guy (like me, hehehehehehe), is not really strong, (shaaaaame)... so I like the kind of violence in Wacken, maybe because girls are respected overthere... I've never had any problems with others... so I really don't know how it happens for you, guys...

So you miss the "real" violence? You mean that metal music has to create this kind of violence? uuuuh... If it is like this, it would be very easy to die this Wacken week end!! loool

I feel lot of violence in myself everyday, I put it in music, otherwise, to myself or to others... or in Wacken festival, that's why I love it.

(Sorry for my very bad english, but no french forum...lol)

Hammered_gods

5 Sep. 2002
Czech Republic
Website besuchen
Originally posted by miss_terre4
I see, so, I mean, I'm a miss, so, I like all kind of brutality in music, but, hehe, maybe not on me...

Yeah, I like to be just in front of stages, trying to stay alive in the middle of all those "violence" created by the music... lol

LOOOL, it's enough for me, you know that a girl, even if she can drink harder than a guy (like me, hehehehehehe), is not really strong, (shaaaaame)... so I like the kind of violence in Wacken, maybe because girls are respected overthere... I've never had any problems with others... so I really don't know how it happens for you, guys...

So you miss the "real" violence? You mean that metal music has to create this kind of violence? uuuuh... If it is like this, it would be very easy to die this Wacken week end!! loool

I feel lot of violence in myself everyday, I put it in music, otherwise, to myself or to others... or in Wacken festival, that's why I love it.

(Sorry for my very bad english, but no french forum...lol)

Respect, what is it, in brtual pits it doesnt matter if you are girl or not...well but people usually says I must be wild person when I rage in pits like that....:D:D:D:D But thats so cool about that, bruises everywhere, sometimes somebody jump on you from the stage....thats real fun for me, no matter if I get hurt or not.Well I never care about geting hurt I am just like I will survive it or not, so whats the prob ?:D:D:D:D

miss_terre4

28 Jan. 2004
France
Website besuchen
Heyyy, there's no prob with it, don't worrie, really not! We were talking about racism at first, sooo, I though you were talking about this kind of rage... But, yeah, I agree!! A real concert of metal has to be full of rage!! loooool, I like it too... (with french wine, looooooooooooooooool, the rage is better, hehe)