Query to wacken vets.

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Tri-6

W:O:A Metalhead
13 Aug. 2012
St. Louis, MO USA
Ah good. I'm sure I've heard of people travelling abroad and arriving in the country on the Wednesday; I don't know how they do it.

I was going to comment about the jetlag, but then I remembered not everyone can sleep 14 hours straight :p

My issue will be trying to pass out and sleep most of the 8 hour flight. I'll be getting on the overseas part of the flight around 5:30 local time so I'll need to do something to be very tried so I can sleep as much as possible. 8 hours on a 757 is going to be brutal and I'd prefer to be unconscious as much as possible.

Alix

W:O:A Metalmaster
12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia
My issue will be trying to pass out and sleep most of the 8 hour flight. I'll be getting on the overseas part of the flight around 5:30 local time so I'll need to do something to be very tried so I can sleep as much as possible. 8 hours on a 757 is going to be brutal and I'd prefer to be unconscious as much as possible.

Man that's nothing. My first overseas trip I flew straight to Hamburg stopping in Singapore and Munich for transfers and passport control. I think that was 26 hours, then I had to try my best to stay awake for as long as possible cos I arrived at 8am local time. Passed out for an hour before hotel staff rang my room to let me know my friends were waiting for me down stairs. Then at 6pm I told them I'd meet them for dinner "soon" and seriously I don't even remember going to bed I was that tired. 14 hours of sleep and my body clock was re-set :p Got a killer headache the following night which I killed with bourbon and paracetamol :ugly: then four nights of 4 - 5 hours sleep each at Wacken. Good times...good times :p

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Tri-6

13 Aug. 2012
St. Louis, MO USA
I've got a 3 hour flight to Newark, then a 5 hour layover before heading to Hamburg. I'm thinking of just not sleeping the night before and trying to set myself up for long sleep periods on the planes. A couple muscle relaxers will help as well. :D

esp89

9 Sep. 2012
Ah good. I'm sure I've heard of people travelling abroad and arriving in the country on the Wednesday; I don't know how they do it.

I was going to comment about the jetlag, but then I remembered not everyone can sleep 14 hours straight :p

We leave Wednesday 10 in the morning from Nijmegen, The Netherlands and we arrive at about 16:00 on the same day.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
We leave Wednesday 10 in the morning from Nijmegen, The Netherlands and we arrive at about 16:00 on the same day.

Er is wel 'n verschil tussen Nijmegen en, laat ons zeggen, Melbourne of New York. Wij kunnen gewoon "over de grond" reizen, terwijl de laatste per se 'n vliegtuig moeten nemen, en verschillende tijdzones moeten passeren!

Ik geef 't maar ff mee.

Voorbeeldje, van hier (Charleroi Sud, België) tot Barnstedt Brunnenstrasse (even voorbij Elmshorn, dus ligt redelijk op dezelfde weg) is het voor mij ook 9uur reizen. En dat met de trein. Donc, voilà.

raylouie

13 Mai 2013
Colorado
How about this. Leaving Colorado Springs on the 30th. Changing flights in Chicago with a 3 hour wait. Leaving Chicago for Düsseldorf. Arriving in Düsseldorf on the 31st. Taking another flight to Hamburg. Train to Itzehoe, shuttle to Wacken. WHEW!:ugly: Hopefully I will able to get some sleep. It'll going to be a long 2 days to get to WOA!

UltimoAviso

15 Aug. 2012
California, USA

Those tiny shooter bottles pass through the tsa no problem, a couple vodka shooters and ill buy an orange juice once I pass security then visit the bathroom and mix my screwdriver.

Flight: Sacramento> Washington dc> paris> hamburg

Alix

W:O:A Metalmaster
12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia
How about this. Leaving Colorado Springs on the 30th. Changing flights in Chicago with a 3 hour wait. Leaving Chicago for Düsseldorf. Arriving in Düsseldorf on the 31st. Taking another flight to Hamburg. Train to Itzehoe, shuttle to Wacken. WHEW!:ugly: Hopefully I will able to get some sleep. It'll going to be a long 2 days to get to WOA!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D Maybe you'll get some shut-eye on the train back to Hamburg :ugly: