Q & A about Wacken Open Air

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

SunkenPirate

22 Juli 2015
Ghent
You can camp next to your car on all camping grounds, except A and B (though also subjected to changes!), which are reserved for people who come by public transportations and bus companies. And you can get out as well, provided you're not "locked" in by a tent/another car. If you want to prevent thqat, park it near the "street".

If I may come back on this: do you know if there is a separate parking for people not camping near their car? I don't feel quite comfortable with leaving my car where others might camp next to it and I can't keep an eye on it.
I couldn't quite make that out from the info.
Thx!

Wackentom

W:O:A Metalmaster
5 Apr. 2005
zuhause in Niedersachsen
You can camp next to your car on all camping grounds, except A and B (though also subjected to changes!), which are reserved for people who come by public transportations and bus companies. And you can get out as well, provided you're not "locked" in by a tent/another car. If you want to prevent thqat, park it near the "street".
NO B Place this year! so ONLY Campground A without cars.
If I may come back on this: do you know if there is a separate parking for people not camping near their car? I don't feel quite comfortable with leaving my car where others might camp next to it and I can't keep an eye on it.
Thx!

nope, no Parking only areas. but never heard of any bad stuff against cars from other campers.

Milkie

23 Juli 2013
Hellsinki, Finland
Thx!

There is a day parking area where there is no camping allowed. In the map below you can find couple different day parking spots.

http://www.wacken.com/fileadmin/user_upload/WOA2015_Camping_Site_Plan_150629-screen.pdf

26 Okt. 2015
Camping Question

Is it possible to camp at the site a day before the festival begins? Thank you in advance :D

EDIT: OK after a loooooooooooong search I found out that you are allowed to camp a day before but do they charge you or is it for free?because some claim that you have to pay for camping fees....Thanks in advance once again :)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Is it possible to camp at the site a day before the festival begins? Thank you in advance :D

EDIT: OK after a loooooooooooong search I found out that you are allowed to camp a day before but do they charge you or is it for free?because some claim that you have to pay for camping fees....Thanks in advance once again :)

Depends on when you arrive. If you arrive at Monday or Tuesday, you will pay a supplement for being too early. If you arrive at Wednesday, you will not have to pay for the camping. (Tuesday until 8pm is too early. As from 8pm, the camping is free of charge )

Hope this helps.

26 Okt. 2015
Depends on when you arrive. If you arrive at Monday or Tuesday, you will pay a supplement for being too early. If you arrive at Wednesday, you will not have to pay for the camping. (Tuesday until 8pm is too early. As from 8pm, the camping is free of charge )

Hope this helps.

Oh thank you so much for the info :) .Do you happen to know how much does the camping fee approximately cost as well?it would be quite helpful.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Oh thank you so much for the info :) .Do you happen to know how much does the camping fee approximately cost as well?it would be quite helpful.

Last year:
Monday: €30 (and you recieve a bracelet saying "Du bist zu früh"(you are too early))
Tuesday 0.00h until 20.00h (8.00pm): €20, same bracelet.
As from Tueday 8.00pm until Saturday, camping is INCLUDED in the festival ticket price. (due to the arrival of the touring cars)

26 Okt. 2015
Last year:
Monday: €30 (and you recieve a bracelet saying "Du bist zu früh"(you are too early))
Tuesday 0.00h until 20.00h (8.00pm): €20, same bracelet.
As from Tueday 8.00pm until Saturday, camping is INCLUDED in the festival ticket price. (due to the arrival of the touring cars)

Thank you so much!!!

Andrei

W:O:A Metalhead
21 März 2013
Hello there metalheads!

Does anyone know if there any acts planned for wackinger/wasteland villages, besides the concert program this year?
In case yes, why they are none in program this year, will there be any further announcements?

Also anything special this year you could recommend to see or try to do besides regular headbanging and getting drunk? :ugly:

Andrei

W:O:A Metalhead
21 März 2013
instead of regular headbanging you could do some extreme headbanging.
Also, getting SUPER drunk is even better than just getting drunk. :D
By the way, do they still sell only one sort of beer on the grounds (with addition of Wacken special beer and mead) or some special German biers could be found around?
Three years ago could not find much of diversity, and that would definitely help both- getting super drunk and having extreme headbanging experience :ugly:

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
By the way, do they still sell only one sort of beer on the grounds (with addition of Wacken special beer and mead) or some special German biers could be found around?
Three years ago could not find much of diversity, and that would definitely help both- getting super drunk and having extreme headbanging experience :ugly:

there's also weizen. but they have sold that for a long long time.
But besides that there's nothing else. unless they change things this year, but haven't heard anything yet.

Milkie

23 Juli 2013
Hellsinki, Finland

syamtalisman

29 Nov. 2015
Indonesia
talisman-pro.com
Shuttle Buss

Horns up from Indonesia.
Does any one know if will using Wacken shuttle buss to and from Itzehoe train station/Wacken should buy on line or have to reservation in advance or suppose to be pay directly on site before departure?
As this is my first time, just want to make sure because after the last show have to go to Hamburg Hauptbahnhof/Flughafen from Itzehoe in the early morning.
I'm asking about this via welcomepoint@wacken.com but the email was bounce back.
Thank you very much in advance.