Preliminary Running Order and band announcements

Dieses Thema im Forum "English News" wurde erstellt von Wacken-News, 12. März 2010.

1. Wacken-News

Wacken-News Newsbot

We confirmed a lot of bands since last year so we can present you a preliminary Running Order in...

Weiterlesen...

2. Lachlan

Lachlan Newbie

What are the chances of Wacken getting 'the big 4'?

So far, neither Metallica, Megadeth or Anthrax have a German festival show announced. (correct me if I'm wrong)

Anthrax owe us a show after cancelling last year.

There was an interveiw with the Wacken organisers last year saying that Metallica would probably play in 2010.

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=43287

I was told that Motley Crue were playing he same night as Maiden, which would leave a free night as only three big acts are named here.

3. Deathbringer

Deathbringer W:O:A Metalmaster

99.9% chance they will not be playing. I believe the big four is exclusive to the Sonisphere lineups.

On top of that, rumors are that they tried to pull Metallica this year, but they requested WAY too much money for the gig (1.5 million euros)

With Manowar, they're rumored EVERY year along with Rammstein and AC/DC. It's actually starting to get annoying seeing them rumored year after year by people who are hoping.

4. Sam Przyborowski

Sam Przyborowski W:O:A Metalhead

I have been hoping for Anthrax as they pulled out last year. They are around near the time, playing Sonisphere at Knebworth for the second year in a row...and I really need to see Bush fronted Anthrax again.

5. davidog

davidog Member

wow finally a post here that i understand and i can comment..

i really thought that wacken wont confirm new big bands because of the huge number of bands. i hope wacken will bring more bands that i like or just goog well known bands.

6. sautherom

sautherom W:O:A Metalhead

the four top acts in wacken (Maiden, Motley, Cooper, Slayer) will play in Stockholm saturday 7th august, so there are chance for another big act in saturday :)
    But to be realistic, i don't expect more big name....

7. Deathbringer

Deathbringer W:O:A Metalmaster

Isn't Immortal supposed to be a top act?

8. sautherom

I like Immortal, in fact is one of the bands that i really want to see, but to be honest i don't think that Immortal is in the same level that Maiden, Motley, Cooper or Slayer... in my opinion...
    But yes.. Immortal could be headlining on saturday...

9. Gash

Gash W:O:A Metalhead

If I remember it correctly, Immortal was also headliner in 2007.. but I was drunk at the time, so I'm not sure :p

10. sautherom

Yes.. Immortal was the headliner in black stage, as Gorgoroth/God Seed was in 2008

i can't wait for the preliminary running order, I hope the bands that I want to see clash as little as possible :p
    ---------------------------------------
    I don't lose the hope to see Triptycon, Tankard, Arkona

Diese Seite empfehlen