Potential headliners...or the lack of...

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Rosk

W:O:A Metalhead
30 Mai 2002
Monterrey, Mexico
Yeah Supercharger.... that's sucks... but at least I got to see Evergrey, and I think it's great, because I guess that's going to be my only opportunity in ages, I don't see them touring near my city, ever...... :)

Rosk

30 Mai 2002
Monterrey, Mexico
Well, major bands for Underground metal, yes.... Tristania is playing here next week..... and actually my band is opening for them :D

This year has been really quiet in metal concerts... but we will have Kreator and Destruction in October \m/ :D, In Extremo is coming too, but don't know the exact date..... maybe Children of Bodom too......

And last year we had:

Dimmu Borgir
Therion
Destruction (I'm going to see the 3 times in 2 years... that fucking rules!!!!)
Helloween
Stratovarious

And I think that's all, but my memory it's not really good.....

Sodomy&Lust

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
Originally posted by Rosk
Tristania is playing here next week..... and actually my band is opening for them :D

AGLAROND WILL BE THE HEADLINERS OF WOA 2007!!! :D :D :D

Please, Rosk, try to get an autograph from Tristania's female singer, but dedicated to mighty Pablo!! :D :D I think I've fallen in love with that girl, after seeing her in Rock Machina, with Tristania, and singing a couple of songs with Tiamat.

And about this thread's original topic, some days ago I read a Kerrang! from 1987 or so, and I found out that the critics that today's metalheadz do against bands like System of a Down (a band I love, btw) are the same that Kerrang did in middle-late eighties against bands like Slayer. In fact, they had two different charts: one with Iron Maiden, Metallica, Queensryche, W.A.S.P., and so on, and another one with the "new-crappy-untrue-metal" like Slayer or Kreator.

Rosk

30 Mai 2002
Monterrey, Mexico
Hehehehehe!!! :D Gracias por el cumplido Pablo hermano!!!..... Thanks for the compliment (for everyone else)!!!
Now you deserve that autograph!! I'll ask her for one ;), after I take a picture of me hugging her, of course ;) :D :D

Rosk

30 Mai 2002
Monterrey, Mexico
Thanks!!!!.... Actually the thing that makes me happier about that gig, is that I might get to meet her :)

You know, I think it won't be a cool gig for us.... people around here already now my band and they'll be booing us until we're out of the stage just to see Tristania earlier.... :)

Yoni

26 Nov. 2001
Website besuchen
I just read another thread saying how packed Wacken was this year. Now just imagine the greater demand for tickets there would be if Iron Maiden or Slayer headlined? The capacity of Wacken would be exceeded if this was to happen, so the organisers probably don't want bands of that size, and stature to headline

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
@Yoni

If they could have a limit to the number of tickets sold and then got a huge band for headlining, I think it would be ok.
Not if I wasn't able to get a ticket of course, but if I could go home and tell everyone that did not go or get tickets how great it was :)

It was great this year as well, but headliners would probably play late, and I was always to damn drunk to see the bands that played after 11 pm...

Hmm, it seems that every damn post I write today has something to do with alcohol, I think I'm obsessed ;)

Tormentor

31 März 2002
Braunschweig
www.bs.metal.tk
Originally posted by Supercharger
@tormentor

Hmm..take drowning pool or linkin park for example. They both have only one record out. They both were on Ozzfest and especially linkin park sells milions of records. This pretty big to me. Traditional metalbands are very happy when they sell 20.000 to 30.000 records. A band like Blind Guardian who's one of the biggest bands in Germany only sell 70.000 recordsin their home country. The difference in scale in touring and records sales is astronomical if you ask me.

Ok. But in my opinion it doesn´t make you great to sell 5million cd´s and get forgotten after 7 or 8 years. Great means that you inspire "the scene" and that there are people who worship you even if they are from the next generation!!