Possibly Going

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.
Hello Morpheus,

I'm in the process of planning this trip and your right, all we have is the Ozzfest and the occasional 4 band bill during the summer. Airfares as of right now are'nt cheap, but I'm pulling all my resources of 15+ years to make this happen. CANDLEMASS has a lot to do with it! I have'nt been in Germany since the Slayer/Destruction tour back in friggin 85!!

Undomiel

W:O:A Metalmaster
27 Dez. 2001
Hamburg
You really plan to come to Wacken just for the festival????

This is sooooooooo great! We need more people like you! Feel already invited by me and my guys!

Where? Gonna tell you later!

Yeah all by myself...tired of all these old school bands I like & listen to NEVER making it to the states( HELLO Pretty Maids!) or if they do its once or twice and THATS it! Hell, I was lucky to see Destruction last year after waiting 12 years when they last toured with the Cromags back in '88. Candlemass is a bigger deal to me since I'm the ONLY person I know with a denim of "Nightfall"! Long live the "DOOMDANCE!"

Morpheus

27 Nov. 2001
Website besuchen
Hey Will!

It's cool seeing you here. I'm also possibly going, though it's still too soon to see if it really happens or not. Some of my friends are planning on going and as long as they do all of the organizational work, I'll most likely be there if I can find the money. I agree with you,Candlemass is a good reason to go! So is Blind Guardian. And Kreator. I am also sick of all of these great bands in Europe that we will never see performing in the States. And I've never been to Europe before either! I hope my friends and I can make this happen.

smooth

W:O:A Metalhead
29 Nov. 2001
CA
Website besuchen
We should have a California metal fan convention in Wacken! My roomies and I live on tomato soup with crackers, in order to save money for the air fare... :)

@Morpheus: Yes, agreed Blind Guardian and Kreator are definitely very good reasons to make the trip!

Undomiel

27 Dez. 2001
Hamburg
Guuuuys

Just let me know where you ´ll stay at Wacken. Would be too great too meet some Americans again!!

If you should not get sick while eating only tomatoe soup with crackers I could show you some GOOD places in Hamburg while you visit Europe :D

Feel invited!

voice_of_hell

21 Feb. 2002
England
Website besuchen
We have the same problem over here in England, not enough of the European bands play over here and so going to Europe is our only option. This year will be my first year at Wacken and we're flying over from England on cheap flights. What are the beer and food prices like in Germany then?? Hopefully Nasum, Exhumed and Cryptopsy will be announced soon!

Undomiel

27 Dez. 2001
Hamburg
Beer prices will be on the festival ground about 2 Euros...(hopefully not more...), Food was UGLYUGLYUGLY last year and MUCH too expensive for that kind of crap...

Better buy some food outside at the village of Wacken....

on the ground it was about 4 Euros for a Burger, the same for REALLY shitty Döner and between 3 and 5 Euro for Pasta...:(

The pizza was okay...more or less....

Karsten

W:O:A Metalgod
@voice_of_hell:
You will be amazed about the beerprices in Gemany at the supermarkets. A 0,5l-can of a normal quality beer like Warsteiner or Holsten is about 0,50cent.Food is also cheaper than in the UK.
When I come to your country I always wonder how the people can afford it all over the year and not just for holiday like me.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

voice_of_hell

21 Feb. 2002
England
Website besuchen
Tickets?

Just wanted to ask if anyone knows if the ticket hotline operators speak English as my German isn't up to much and I want to get a ticket. If I have to I'll go up to London and buy one from one of the coach agencies but it would be easier to book it by phone.

Kroppus

W:O:A Metalhead
2 März 2002
Oslo / NOrWAY
Going for sure

We're going this year too.. So far we're about 8 or 9 from Trondheim \ Norway. This year we'll be there from start to end. So look for a Norwegian flagand join the mad vikings. :)
See you there..