Patch Jackets!!!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Sodomy&Lust

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
Originally posted by Lucretia
fuck... that would have been a great topic for my diploma thesis :D :D :D
In the journey to Wacken I met a really strange girl who was making a diploma thesis about the clothes in Heavy Metal. And that's not a joke. In fact, some weeks later I saw her on TV talking about that.

I used to have some patches in a sleeveless denim jacket aka kutte:

METALLICA ....and justice for all
METALLICA Master of puppets
MOTÖRHEAD Ace of spades
CRADLE OF FILTH ???
BENEDICTION ???
PANTERA Vulgar display of power
IRON MAIDEN Number of the beast
SLAYER Reign in blood
JUDAS PRIEST Stained Class
IRON MAIDEN 7th son of a 7th son

...... but I was 16 the last time I put it on.....

flo

W:O:A Metalhead
14 Dez. 2001
Remscheid
www.strongholde.de
"Do any of you know a good place to order those big back patches?"

i got my hammerhawk backpatch directly from the band. i've also got some other cool backpatches which i bought on ebay... exciter "long live the loud", sodom "resurrection mania" and a really cool celtic frost backpatch with a horned monster and some snake girls on it. i think on ebay you can find the most interesting patches. the easiest way to get underground patches is directly from the bands.

Evenfiel

4 Mai 2002
Originally posted by flo
"Do any of you know a good place to order those big back patches?"

i got my hammerhawk backpatch directly from the band. i've also got some other cool backpatches which i bought on ebay... exciter "long live the loud", sodom "resurrection mania" and a really cool celtic frost backpatch with a horned monster and some snake girls on it. i think on ebay you can find the most interesting patches. the easiest way to get underground patches is directly from the bands.

Thx. I'll see if I can find something cool in e-bay.

Btw, that Celtic Frost patch rules! :)

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
I just started putting one of these together myself, and the trip to Wacken sure helped my quest:

Here's what I've got so far:

Motorhead "Civil War - Nemo Malus Felix" backpatch

5 Iron Maiden patches
5 Metallica patches

These I have in horizontal rows on the back

Then I've also got:

Sodom - Tapping the Vein
Running Wild - Death or Glory
Accept - Balls to the Wall (thankfully no hairy leg on this one)
Bathory - goat/1st album
Celtic Frost - Morbid Tales
Kreator - Out of the Dark/Into the Light
Slayer - Seasons in the Abyss (eagle)
Slayer - Reign in Blood
Helloween - Walls of Jericho

That's all for now...still looking for more, though. Wish I could get my hands on some cool NWOBHM patches. Almost got a TRESPASS one off eBay but lost out...shit!

@Lucretia: Is "vest" the word you're looking for? That's what we call sleeveless jackets...

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
Originally posted by Warthog

@Lucretia: Is "vest" the word you're looking for? That's what we call sleeveless jackets...

well...more or less. In German that is called "Weste". But that doesn´t mean a jacket with metal patches on it.
What I was searching is a special word for those patched-with-metal-patches-jeans-jackets-without-sleeves ;) :D :D
so is there a word or not?

LooseCannon

3 Aug. 2002
Baltimore,Maryland USA
Website besuchen
I had an old jean jacket I wore that had a Metallica "Damage Inc." patch.It was ripped off somehow,then I started getting that jacket autographed.I got everybody's name from the softest (Vince Neil),to the punkiest (Henry Rollins), to the hardest( members of GWAR).I even got Scott Ian's autograph on it.

monochrom

15 Aug. 2002
Hamburg
Website besuchen
Used to have a Kutte when I was young, passed it on to my brother. It now hangs in shreds in his apartment.

But I've got a new Heavy Metal Fetish - a blood red military jacket where cool bands may autograph upon. So far I've got the boys from Immortal and Samael on the back, the guys from Red Aim round the back and Holy Moses left front, with Sabina over the heart of course. Still looking for Impaled Nazarene, Turbonegro or Warrior Soul.