Parking / Camping Questions!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

CrazyLevi

15 Dez. 2017
Greetings from New York City, USA! Attending our first Wacken this summer after many tours of duty at Graspop. i have a couple questions about camping and parking:

I see that camping and parking are the same place - you can drive to your campsite and set up around your vehicle. Does the auto have to stay in the same spot for the whole festival? Or can you easily move the car and return during?

Also, how does one claim a camping spot? Are they assigned? Is it first come, first serve? Thanks!!

Hanebber

W:O:A Metalhead
10 Juli 2017
Greetings from New York City, USA! Attending our first Wacken this summer after many tours of duty at Graspop. i have a couple questions about camping and parking:

I see that camping and parking are the same place - you can drive to your campsite and set up around your vehicle. Does the auto have to stay in the same spot for the whole festival? Or can you easily move the car and return during?

Also, how does one claim a camping spot? Are they assigned? Is it first come, first serve? Thanks!!
Greetings from Germany.

It's right you drive to your campsite and set up around your vehicle.
The auto have not to stay in the same spot for the whole festival - but to avoid trouble it's better not to move it.
It's not only other campers who don't like traffic around their camp, you are camping on a farm yard. Also it's not necessary, all you need you can reach by foot.

The camping areas are assigned not a claim. The fill up the array depending on the weather and the traffic. It is first come, first serve, but none can tell you where your claim will be.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
And why would you need your car in Wacken? Everything (well, almost everything) is doable on walking distance! The village of Wacken itself is between 10-30 min. walk, depending where you are. But then Gribbohm might be closer. So..

Hevileksi

19 Dez. 2017
A question as a first timer: If I find some accommodation from some of the nearby villages, let's say within 20km or so, how feasible is it to travel back and forth daily? Are there regular busses, can you hitchhike or something else? From and to Itzehoe for example.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
A question as a first timer: If I find some accommodation from some of the nearby villages, let's say within 20km or so, how feasible is it to travel back and forth daily? Are there regular busses, can you hitchhike or something else? From and to Itzehoe for example.
If you find something in Itzehoe, you won't have much trouble finding a shuttle, or the bus line 14. For other places? I don't know.

Cuthalu

4 Dez. 2017
The camping areas are assigned not a claim. The fill up the array depending on the weather and the traffic. It is first come, first serve, but none can tell you where your claim will be.
So if I want to get a camping spot somewhat close to the festival area, when do you suppose I should arrive to camping? Late wednesday? Early wednesday?

Wacken-Jasper

Administrator
Teammitglied
18 Jan. 2012
www.wacken.com
Is it possible to arrive with a car on tuesday, set up tents, and then leave with the car and come back the next day?
Yes and no. You can try to leave the area, but when 10.000 cars want to enter the area and one wants to leave it... well, it will be a long wait for you. And no one can guarantee you, that your parking spot will be still free, when you return the next day.

So... you could, but you shouldn't.

Reaktionen: Cuthalu

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Yes and no. You can try to leave the area, but when 10.000 cars want to enter the area and one wants to leave it... well, it will be a long wait for you. And no one can guarantee you, that your parking spot will be still free, when you return the next day.

So... you could, but you shouldn't.
And if you should, consider public transportation! There are shuttles going to Itzehoe station, from there you can go anywhere by either train or bus.

Reaktionen: Cuthalu