How big is our family?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Blackwizard69

W:O:A Metalhead
22 Juli 2002
Roma
Website besuchen
@Sisterofnight:

I made a few calls and sent a few emails: tickets can be acquired directly at Wacken. Supposedly, there is a Supermarket in Wacken which sells tickets and will be selling tickets through the festival (for example, I'm arriving from Milan on Friday morning without a ticket, they told me I can go to this Supermarket). This was confirmed to me by Holger via email (he's one of the two organisers of the festival) and by Metaltix via phone call (they were in charge of distributing the tickets). Besides, I would assume that being an open air festival tickets will be available all the way through the 3 days simply because I don't think such a huge space can go sold out. Having said that, I certainly would have preferred leaving Milan with a ticket in my hands...

xpet

25 Jan. 2002
Hamburg
yepps, there will be tickets available at WOA itself. Only thing is that they are much more expensive than bought-in-advance ones.

gandalf

25 Juli 2002
Nijmegen
Website besuchen
GREAT

I'm really surprised by some of you guys who are traveling half way around the world to this fest hahaha. And i thought i had to travel a big deal to get there hahaha. It's really great to see so many folks going through that much trouble for getting at WOA! It's really one big happy family hahaha... Question for you guys; ever been to other festivals here in western europe or is it the first time you guys travel half way around the earth? And what do you guys expect from it/ how do you guys think about western europe?

Anyway, i really respect the people traveling their asses off just to get to wacken! KEEP IT UP FOLKS!

Grtz,

gandalf

25 Juli 2002
Nijmegen
Website besuchen
TICKETS IN THE NETHERLANDS

I saw a few threads about the ticket probs some people (specially from abroad) might encounter. Here's another possibility:

Here in the netherlands we have a tourist information centre which also sells tickets for Wacken (it's called a "VVV"). A slight problem here might be the language for you guys. I've found a website of one of those tourist information centres here in Nijmegen (which could be on the way to WOA if you're going through the netherlands by car). They have an english translation of their website (an english flag you need to click on) and you can mail them to arrange something or to get information for example to get your tickets at such a VVV in f.e. Amsterdam. The website is: http://www.vvvnijmegen.nl
A week ago we had still more then atleast 500 tickets for WOA at all the VVV's here in the netherlands so it's still possible i guess to get your tickets here! You might even try to make a reservation for the tickets?
Goodluck to the guys still in need for a ticket!

kanninne

25 Jan. 2002
Malaysia
Website besuchen
from Malaysia.......

15 minutes on foot to the bus stand in the city......1 hour to Kuala Lumpur... 45 mins...shuttled to KL International Airport....
1 hour flight to Singapore for transit......12hours and 30 mins to reach frankfurt......6 hours drive to bremen.....

See you guys in WACKEN.....rain or shine

THE CLANSMAN

16 Mai 2002
Cremona, Italy
Website besuchen
METAL HAVE NOT DISTANCE

Hi you all !
I'm from Cremona (Italy) and i'll go to Wacken with 3 Friends
My trip is the follow:

31th July Wake Up at 4:00 O'clock !
31th July Train from Cremona to Milan at 5:00
31th July Metro to Cadorna at 7:00
31th July Malpensa Express to Airport
31th July 9:30 (Airplane from Malpensa - (Milan) to Hamburg)
31th July 12:30 at Airport of Hamburg
31th July 13:30 Airport Express to Hamburg City
31th July 14:30 Train from Hamburg To Itzhoe
31th July Bus Shuttle from Itzhoe to Wacken !!

The coming Back is the 4th Agoust in the Morning

My favorite Bands this year are (in Alphabetic order):

BLAZE
BLIND GUARDIAN
BORKNAGAR
BRUCE DICKINSON
CANDLEMASS (Reunion)
CANNIBAL CORPSE
CHILDREN OF BODOM
DESTRUCTION
DOMINE
DREAM EVIL
EDGUY
EXODUS
IMMORTAL
KREATOR
MY DYING BRIDE
NUCLEAR ASSAULT
REBELLION
SAVATAGE
U.D.O.
WARLORD
WIZARD
WOLF

One thing, a real fan travel world for Metal, the stupids talk,talk,
talk, and they do nothing !!!

Bye !

VimFuego

22 Jan. 2002
Toronto, Canada
vimfuego.freeservers.com
@gandalf: second time for me. it was great hanging out with 25000 total metalheads last year and taking over a small town for a weekend with our fav bands. that doesn't happen over here.
in fact, Arch Enemy/Nile show was just cancelled in buffalo (more than lilkely due to the fact that only about 250 peoople would've shown up.(sad!)

last year we went to Kobenhavn after WOA. Kind of expensive, but it was a cool city. They really gave me a bad look when i asked about the Euro though. Couldn't find the King Diamond anywhere, I hear he's moved to Texas (haha!). Then Berlin for a few days. Northern Germany's country side's are not that much different than Southern Ontario (southwest of toronto). Berlin was very cool, hard to find live music venues though (didn't have the metal travel guide back then). then back to amsterdam, the oval city layout confuses the hell out of the deadheads i'm sure....it got me lost a few times. there's lots of "grass" but where are all the lawns? they need more parks.

Lysearia

26 Juli 2002
Sydney Australia
Website besuchen
Was organizing a trip to europe last year when i was reading about WOA in a local mag and thought, what the fuck, lets give that a go. The only metal fest we have in Australia is Metal for the Brain, but international metal bands never want to come to Oz. They must be scared of killer drop bears(koalas).

Sodomy&Lust

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
HI!!!

Alcorcon (my home!!)-->Madrid (to spend the night at one friend's house)-->Moncofa (eastern Spain, to see Sodom, Annihilator, Savatage, Moonspell, Tristania and its pretty singer :) , Dickinson.....) --> Barcelona (two nights, and it's where I'm right now) --> Amsterdam --> WACKEN!!!!

My faves?? COB, Destruction, Kreator, My Dying Bride...... But what I'm really looking forward to see is my DEAR FORUMLERS!!!!!

See you there, insane guys!!!

P.S. Sodomy is back to spam as a motherfucker!!!! :D :D

xpet

25 Jan. 2002
Hamburg
actually I´m not really that klein, but you´ll get your beer anyway (I´ll go and buy it now) ;)