General European travel thread

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

rice

W:O:A Metalhead
11 Dez. 2008
NJ "garbage state"
Looks like I wont need it now. After some days and thinking Ive just rerouted my entire trip as of this morning and am going all over Ireland for 6 days prior to (wacken) (taking a flight in from Dublin). Im not even going to CZ (BA fest) as much as i was intending this year but instead ill fly back from Switzerland and just head through south DE on the way. as much fun as festivals are I cant pass up opportunity to check out the sites of much of the history of what Europe has to offer. Beats the hell out of Wallmarts.

1. Dublin
2. Galway (Aran islands)
3. Killarney (Kerry)
4. Cork
6. Cashel
7. Kilkenny

wacken,Reichsburg,Neuschwanstein, Hohenzollern, etc.

i appreciate all the info people have given me though, ty. though ill probably still take a few trains ill just buy tickets as i go.

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
Looks like I wont need it now. After some days and thinking Ive just rerouted my entire trip as of this morning and am going all over Ireland for 6 days prior to (wacken) (taking a flight in from Dublin). Im not even going to CZ (BA fest) as much as i was intending this year but instead ill fly back from Switzerland and just head through south DE on the way. as much fun as festivals are I cant pass up opportunity to check out the sites of much of the history of what Europe has to offer. Beats the hell out of Wallmarts.

1. Dublin
2. Galway (Aran islands)
3. Killarney (Kerry)
4. Cork
6. Cashel
7. Kilkenny

i appreciate all the info people have given me though, ty. though ill probably still take a few trains ill just buy tickets as i go.

Changed your mind a bit? :D

rice

11 Dez. 2008
NJ "garbage state"
Changed your mind a bit? :D

Just so happens that some friends from london are doing this ireland tour so i think the opportunity works out in my favor. i wont be alone, plus never been there before. I only can spare about 2.5 weeks tops :( Still going to Wacken though!

Oh PLUS Air Lingus (irish airline) is running very cheap flight deals out of NY to Dublin! this alone works in my favor big time. Prices now are not cheap to Germany!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

cHELLe

22 Apr. 2010
Madison, WI US

1. Dublin
2. Galway (Aran islands)
3. Killarney (Kerry)
4. Cork
6. Cashel
7. Kilkenny

If you are going to Blarney, don't kiss the Blarney stone, cuz eeww. I am pretty sure the Irish piss on it like every day. The cliffs of Moher are worth seeing (in County Clare).

Gash

26 Sep. 2006
Gelderland
www.last.fm
I'll probably go on a roadtrip in Scandinavia with some friends between July 5th and 20th.

We'll start in Holland and go through Denmark, on the ferry to Kristiansand (No), then to Oslo, Göteborg (Swe) and Stockholm. At least that's the plan right now..

Anyone else going to be there? Would be nice to drink beer with some forum-members:D

xforeverxmetalx

29 Dez. 2007
I'll probably go on a roadtrip in Scandinavia with some friends between July 5th and 20th.

We'll start in Holland and go through Denmark, on the ferry to Kristiansand (No), then to Oslo, Göteborg (Swe) and Stockholm. At least that's the plan right now..

Anyone else going to be there? Would be nice to drink beer with some forum-members:D

You would just miss me. I'll be in Oslo/Bergen > Copenhagen from about June 26 to July 3-4 or so. :o

Deathbringer

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 März 2009
Massachusetts

You'll just miss me as well. I'm in Copenhagen from June 15th - 19th, and again from August 20th or so through August 30th when I go home.

xforeverxmetalx

29 Dez. 2007
Hey Gash, if you left a day or two earlier, we could all meet up in Göteborg... I have to go through there anyway. There's a roller coaster park gnoffi was going to take me to. :D Unfortunately it rained last time I was there.

Gash

26 Sep. 2006
Gelderland
www.last.fm
Hey Gash, if you left a day or two earlier, we could all meet up in Göteborg... I have to go through there anyway. There's a roller coaster park gnoffi was going to take me to. :D Unfortunately it rained last time I was there.

Sorry, but I really can't leave earlier because of my internship:( It sucks, but I'm already glad I don't have to do that during Dong or Wacken.

I guess I'll meet many of you on Dong and/or Wacken anyways. It should be allright!:D

xforeverxmetalx

29 Dez. 2007
Sorry, but I really can't leave earlier because of my internship:( It sucks, but I'm already glad I don't have to do that during Dong or Wacken.

I guess I'll meet many of you on Dong and/or Wacken anyways. It should be allright!:D

Ah, too bad. :( Yea I know about that kind of thing getting in the way of travelling, I nearly had to miss Metalcamp for my work. :o