Full Metal Cruise

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
TUI Cruises is a German company and normally only German people book their cruises. This is normal in the cruise business as far as I know.

We want people from all over the world to become part of the first Full Metal Cruise!

The TUI Cruises page isn't translated, but our own site is available in both languages: http://www.full-metal-cruise.com/index.php/en/booking-en

Aber da liegt der Angel.

Ich kann verstehen dass TUI Deutsch ist (aber auch aktiv in NL übrigens, nur zur Info). Aber... dass man bei so'ner Veranstaltung keine (spezielle) englische Übersetzung macht, das ist mir i'wie fremd.

Deswegen meine Bemerkung.

================

But there's the sting.

I can understand that TUI is German (though also active in NL, for your info), but... with such an event not to have an English translation available, that's somehow strange to me.

That's why my remark actually.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Finnchick

W:O:A Metalmaster
2 März 2012
SH, Germany
Aber da liegt der Angel.

Ich kann verstehen dass TUI Deutsch ist (aber auch aktiv in NL übrigens, nur zur Info). Aber... dass man bei so'ner Veranstaltung keine (spezielle) englische Übersetzung macht, das ist mir i'wie fremd.

================

But there's the sting.

I can understand that TUI is German (though also active in NL, for your info), but... with such an event not to have an English translation available, that's somehow strange to me.

TUI Travel PLC is international company and Tuicruises is just small part of it so that's why i tought they would have resources to translate something like this.

Wacken-Jasper

Administrator
Teammitglied
18 Jan. 2012
www.wacken.com
Aber da liegt der Angel.

Ich kann verstehen dass TUI Deutsch ist (aber auch aktiv in NL überigens, nur zur Info). Aber... dass man bei so'ner Veranstaltung keine (spezielle) englische Übersetzung macht, das ist mir i'wie fremd.

================

But there's the sting.

You are right, TUI is acting world wide but TUI Cruises is focused on Germany for the moment. Maybe they will release an English version of the page later, but at the moment our FMC page should give you all the information you need. The FMC page was created for the event to provide everyone with information, but the TUI page is for all the cruises TUI offers. So our page is more straightforward and specific I think.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
TUI Travel PLC is international company and Tuicruises is just small part of it so that's why i tought they would have resources to translate something like this.

Apparently you can even visit your local travel agent, and have them book a cruise on the FMC. (and therefore in your own language, if you do at least live in your own language area)

I wonder what the faces will be if I were to enter a travel agent and ask:"I want to book a Full Metal Cruise."

Finnchick

2 März 2012
SH, Germany
You are right, TUI is acting world wide but TUI Cruises is focused on Germany for the moment. Maybe they will release an English version of the page later, but at the moment our FMC page should give you all the information you need. The FMC page was created for the event to provide everyone with information, but the TUI page is for all the cruises TUI offers. So our page is more straightforward and specific I think.

I understand it fully and for me it isn't a problem because it is easy for me to get someone to translate things if needed. For some it might be a problem but hopefully they ask here if they don't understand something. There are several nice people here who can and will help :)

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004

I've seen the info page (in both languages actually). And there's nothing wrong with that! :)

But after info, if I were to be interested.... (and if I wouldn't speak 2 words of German....)

It's just to make sure that non-German speakers can book as well. (the CHEAPEST way possible)

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
TUI Cruises is a German company and normally only German people book their cruises. This is normal in the cruise business as far as I know.

We want people from all over the world to become part of the first Full Metal Cruise!

The TUI Cruises page isn't translated, but our own site is available in both languages: http://www.full-metal-cruise.com/index.php/en/booking-en

well, your own page actually states

1)
For all prices and categories, please refer to the TUI Cruises website.

(link to: http://tuicruises.com/kreuzfahrt-bu...DateString=2012-07-01&regions=grossbritannien)

This site is only in German

2)
Tour operator for the Full Metal Cruises is TUI Cruises GmbH. For this journey, only the general terms & conditions of TUI Cruises GmbH are valid. These can be seen here:
TUI Cruises AGB

(link to: http://www.tuicruises.com/agb)

---

That means it is difficult for a non German to find more exact information in regards to prices, categories and terms & conditions.

I understand this seems to be the will of the cruise company who only/mainly targets German speaking customers, but will it become more clear on your English version of your site as well in regards to the above mentioned facts?

I am certainly looking at the cruise itself to see if it would be posible for me, as are many Swedish friends, but in regards to prices and cabin categories it would help to find this information easier.

I also learned of this cruise from another metal forum mainly frequented by non-German speaking metalheads, and some seems frustrated (as am I) that the cruise line information is only available in German.

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Oh and one more question, not sure you'd be able to answer it, but I can always ask :)

If the cruise line is used to German only customers, will the information onboard be available in English as well, and will the crew be able to speak English?

Cheers

Wacken-Jasper

Administrator
Teammitglied
18 Jan. 2012
www.wacken.com
1)
For all prices and categories, please refer to the TUI Cruises website.

(link to: http://tuicruises.com/kreuzfahrt-bu...DateString=2012-07-01&regions=grossbritannien)

Right, but as far I know the booking page on our site will provide these information too when the booking is starting. I will check this!
2)
Tour operator for the Full Metal Cruises is TUI Cruises GmbH. For this journey, only the general terms & conditions of TUI Cruises GmbH are valid. These can be seen here:
TUI Cruises AGB

(link to: http://www.tuicruises.com/agb)

Good point, there is really no English version yet. I will check this too. Of course you have to have the same information as the German speaking fans.
If the cruise line is used to German only customers, will the information onboard be available in English as well, and will the crew be able to speak English?
I can't tell for sure, but everyone on the ship should speak English. English is the official language in the shipping sector. But I will try to get more information about this too!

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Right, but as far I know the booking page on our site will provide these information too when the booking is starting. I will check this!

Good point, there is really no English version yet. I will check this too. Of course you have to have the same information as the German speaking fans.

I can't tell for sure, but everyone on the ship should speak English. English is the official language in the shipping sector. But I will try to get more information about this too!

And with this promise, we know EVERYONE is welcome on board! :)

Edit Piaf zegt: And with Internet, no one is interested to pay intermediaires if this can be done directly to the partner in question (here: TUI). 'Cause every intermediair will make the trip more expensive, as they want some share of the (hard working) money.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Carpathian_Wolf

21 Juli 2002
Leeds UK
www.power-metal.co.uk
Not yet ;)

Don't be surprised if I end up going though :p

Compared to the other cruises I go on in the carribbean this is lnger but with less bands. The beers that are included seems to be (as a friend who found info somewhere) Beck's, Heineken and some wheat beers, not sure I'd drink that much :D
On my "other" cruises I have to pay for the beers, but at least they have more brands that are to my liking.
Would be a lot cheaper for me to get to Hamburg than to Miami though, and less of a hassle getting through US immigrations where you're not always treated that nice.

:D

True that about the Miami not treating very nice but. Not on really to be fair :mad:

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland

thanks for the effort Jasper :)