First time Wacken question, do they normally announce more bands at this point?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

UltimoAviso

15 Aug. 2012
California, USA
Glad to see another from USA going. My first wacken had significantly different bands from this year, but that won't stop me from attending! If you want any help from someone who made the trek from California PM me and we can get in contact via Facebook or e-mail. All I can say is plan on camping, getting a hotel for a first wacken will not be near as fun!

Tri-6

W:O:A Metalhead
13 Aug. 2012
St. Louis, MO USA
Glad to see another from USA going. My first wacken had significantly different bands from this year, but that won't stop me from attending! If you want any help from someone who made the trek from California PM me and we can get in contact via Facebook or e-mail. All I can say is plan on camping, getting a hotel for a first wacken will not be near as fun!

Hi! Yes we are camping. Everyone told me it was one huge party. Actually last night we finalized our camping plans. Sure it was expensive especially with the deposits but I'm not the one putting up the money lol, but we just rented gear from the Ready to Rock people. So a couple days in Hamburg then camping there Wed thru Sunday and then a few more days bumming around Germany.

Yeah I can't say I love the bill but not saying its terrible. I had to get tickets in September since it was selling out so fast which was nuts, some of the people I was tryign to get to come with me were locked out by the sellout. But there are some bands I really like and have never seen like Amorphis and Candlemass, and bands I love but have seen and will gladly see again like Motorhead. And I'm sure I'll find other bands that are great but I haven't discovered yet. I wish this had last years band list but I'll have a blast in any event since its my first overseas trip and first real metal festival. I"m starting to think I will be going yearly to Europe for metal. Next year probably Summer Breeze or Hellfest, unless Wacken announces some crazy insane list of bands for the 25th anniversary.

I just wish Maiden was playing since they seem to be playing a lot of other Fests this summer. Oh well, its going to be fun!

24 Dez. 2012
I'm just going to hope that there is a decent surprise act announced like last year. One more good band would really help pick this bill up. I guess that's the problem with a festival that sells out as quick as Wacken, you have to buy before you know the vast majority of the acts. I've got people telling me to cancel and go to Hellfest instead but I don't want to go to France and I've wanted to hit Wacken for a long time.

I know I'll have a lot of fun regardless.

Thanks for the replies.

I'm in a similar situation. However, I could not go to Hellfest because I already bought the airline tickets for late july.

To be honest, all the bands that I like listed in the current line-up have already played in my country (thus, the line-up is not attractive for me at all). However, according to some people who have attended Wacken before, I will have fun anyway although the majority of the bands are not the cup of my tea.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
I'm in a similar situation. However, I could not go to Hellfest because I already bought the airline tickets for late july.

To be honest, all the bands that I like listed in the current line-up have already played in my country (thus, the line-up is not attractive for me at all). However, according to some people who have attended Wacken before, I will have fun anyway although the majority of the bands are not the cup of my tea.

Wacken isn't just the bands, it is so much more! In almost everything. (inclusing the amount of people that will be at the camping/festival area)

If you have the luck to camp next to a great group, you'll definitely have fun. (the chance is about 90% you do actually)

Tri-6

13 Aug. 2012
St. Louis, MO USA
Another announcement today and they put in a band I just saw and can't f'ing stand! Was hoping for King Diamond really, or Maiden.

Meshuggah... :Puke:

Oh well thems the breaks. Still looking forward to it.

Colamann3798

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 Apr. 2003
nich mehr Münster :(
www.dongopenair.de
Another announcement today and they put in a band I just saw and can't f'ing stand! Was hoping for King Diamond really, or Maiden.

Meshuggah... :Puke:

Oh well thems the breaks. Still looking forward to it.

There's 7 stages and simultaneous shows on 3 or 4 of them at the same time. Way over 100 bands altogether. If there's only one band you don't like, you'll propably not make it home alive as you'll die of exhaustion from trying to see them all ;)

Tri-6

13 Aug. 2012
St. Louis, MO USA
I hope so. Vader, Morbid Angel, Behemoth, King Diamond, Eluveitie, Ensiferum, something. Arch Enemy isn't my favorite but compared to Meshuggah they may was well be Judas Priest. ;)

I complain about the band list too much but I can't help. I bitch a lot. :D

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
I hope so. Vader, Morbid Angel, Behemoth, King Diamond, Eluveitie, Ensiferum, something. Arch Enemy isn't my favorite but compared to Meshuggah they may was well be Judas Priest. ;)

I complain about the band list too much but I can't help. I bitch a lot. :D

Remember, you need rubbish bands as well, to be able to rest and drink!
You can't see 100 bands at the same time, you'll die! :ugly:
And for that rest, you need crappy music, to walk back, drink some (own) beer etc. :D