Darkest Hour?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Nirnaeth5

23 Juli 2002
Madrid (Spain!!)
perso.wanadoo.es
Hey, first post here, how´s everything going??
I was wondering if anyone knows Darkest Hour, the band from Washington DC. Any bands like them in Wacken 2002, or maybe like The Crown, The Haunted, At The Gates, etc???

Greetings everyone!!

Nirnaeth5

23 Juli 2002
Madrid (Spain!!)
perso.wanadoo.es
Serious stetement Korgull, :D i´ll check´em out (any song in particular?).

BTW: @ Svartsinn: I downloaded "Evil In You" by Kalmah, it reminded me somehow of Eternal Tears Of Sorrow, it´s not exactly the thing i´m looking for, but they´re good anyway. Also checked Withering Surface (looks like old In Flames!), too melodic for my speed-deformed mind. But, anyway, can´t judge ,just heard one song!! :)

Thanks everybody!

Ps: Haven´t you guys heard Darkest Hour?? The Crown toured with them in the US, http://www.darkesthour.cc , I think you will enjoy...

grazo

W:O:A Metalhead
3 März 2002
USA
Website besuchen
Originally posted by Nirnaeth5
I was wondering if anyone knows Darkest Hour, the band from Washington DC. Any bands like them in Wacken 2002, or maybe like The Crown, The Haunted, At The Gates, etc???

I saw them play some months ago in a tour with Six feet under, god forbid and Lamb of God. They were really good; the only problem was that since they opened the show the sound wasn't really good and they play only few songs.
They are more into metalcore or harcore metal in the same vain as Hatebreed, Lamb of god or Madball. There isn't any band in that style in Wacken.
Are you going to Wacken?
Si vas nos vemos por alla.

VimFuego

W:O:A Metalhead
22 Jan. 2002
Toronto, Canada
vimfuego.freeservers.com
"So Sedated....So Secure" is one heavy mother of an album. I love DH! .....i've seen them a few times but they can let their sound suffer for the sake of a high energy show. too bad because So Sedated really deserves more attention than it got.

if yer looking for speed....check out Lock Up.....nick barker, from Dimmu, plays drums with them and you can't get much faster than that. the other dudes are from Napalm Death with Lindberg growling (ex-Crown).

Hollenthon have a few Haunted-esque moments but you might not appreciate their other influences (very diverse). check out their tune "Fire Upon The Blade"

don't forget the speed pioneers Destruction(new album rules), Exodus and older Kreator!!!

Nirnaeth5

23 Juli 2002
Madrid (Spain!!)
perso.wanadoo.es
@Grazo: I saw DH just a week ago here in Madrid, with Majority Rule, and boy, they kick ass, even though the crowd was like 30, 40 people, i was shocked by these guys, i´ll never forget that one!! Yep, i like Hatebreed and Madball a lot also. Of course i´ll be in Wacken!

@VimFuego: I totally agree you!! DH changed completely my point of view, made me see how much metal sucks (speaking in terms of image, i mean, in metal music, the image, the posse is very very important, leaving the feeling and the energy behind, IMO). Is amazing how these guys enjoy (and make you enjoy) a live show. Just one black point, their shows are very short!! Here in Madrid when they finished and we asked for more, they told us that they had nothing more than the setlist they played (like 8 songs!!!) Yeah, i think DH deserves much more attention, in fact, i think i´ll create a support movement "DH for Wacken 2003" !!!!! :D
I´ve heard Lock Up as you said, man, they´re fucking great!! That´s what i was looking for, Thx!!!
I´ll check Hollenthon and later i´ll tell you.

Thanks Everybody!!