Critical subject - Beer Prices

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Aussie Odin

29 Juni 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Hello there fellow piss-merchants.

I'm preparing my Wacken Camp Budget and need to price out the most important possession - BEER.

Does anyone know what the price of beer is:

- at the Wacken beer garden?
- cans at the Festival shop (if they sell it)
- in the village
- anywhere else??

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Aussie Odin schrieb:
Hello there fellow piss-merchants.

I'm preparing my Wacken Camp Budget and need to price out the most important possession - BEER.

Does anyone know what the price of beer is:

- at the Wacken beer garden?
- cans at the Festival shop (if they sell it)
- in the village
- anywhere else??

My memory of the prices are always dim, but something like:

- at the Wacken beer garden:
I'd say about 3€ 50 cents each. The first Wacken mug you buy you pay 1€ for it in deposit. These are about 0.3 liter cups.
Last your you could buy a one liter glass as well, I think it was 6€ plus 1€ deposit.

- cans at the Festival shop (if they sell it):
If you buy a set of 24 half liter cans it's about 24€, plus 6€ deposit you get back if you can actually manage to bring back 24 empty, non-damaged cans.
So all in all, 30€.

- in the village:
I haven't bought beer in the village super market since 2002, don't even think they had the deposit back then. The deposit is still the samt though, 6€ for 24 cans. Maybe the price of the beer is cheaper, I'd guess around 18 to 24 €.

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
Aussie Odin schrieb:
- anywhere else??

cheapest beer you can get in those chain supermarkets like Lidl, Aldi and Penny Markt. They sell sixpacks of half-liter plastic bottles for about 1,50 Euro (I guess). Plus deposit 6 x 25 Cent which you only get back when you return the bottles in the same chain store - means, Aldi takes only Aldi bottles back, Lidl only Lidl bottles and the Penny bottles you can return in Penny, Rewe and MiniMal as well. Confusing, I know :rolleyes:

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
about the deposit, I still remember Sec (he´s also from Australia) saying: "THIS IS TOO GERMAN FOR ME!" while he threw some empty beer cans in the trash :D

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Lucretia schrieb:
about the deposit, I still remember Sec (he´s also from Australia) saying: "THIS IS TOO GERMAN FOR ME!" while he threw some empty beer cans in the trash :D

We have can deposit here too, but it's only 5 cents each and you can return cans bought anywhere in Sweden to any store in Sweden, that helps :)

Aussie Odin

29 Juni 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Thanx Gnoff

Danke for the information Gnoff - those prices were about what I'd expect, although the deposit sounds like a crappy idea - just throw the cans away like we do in Australia!!!

Also, are you allowed to take bottled beer into the camp ground??

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
Aussie Odin schrieb:

yes, as much as you want. Also glass bottles are still allowed.
But you are not allowed to take it into the festival area (where the stages are). You can pour one beer into a Wacken cup and take that one inside, though :)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Aussie Odin schrieb:
Danke for the information Gnoff - those prices were about what I'd expect, although the deposit sounds like a crappy idea - just throw the cans away like we do in Australia!!!

Basically you're allowed to take what you want to the camp grounds, but they prefer if you don't take glass bottles. A lot of people do though.

To the festival area you are only allowed to bring what's in an official Wacken plastic mug (the 1€ deposit thing from the beer stands).

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Lucretia schrieb:
yes, as much as you want. Also glass bottles are still allowed.
But you are not allowed to take it into the festival area (where the stages are). You can pour one beer into a Wacken cup and take that one inside, though :)

The forum froze on me, didn't see that you answered it first :D

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
gnoff schrieb:
you can return cans bought anywhere in Sweden to any store in Sweden, that helps :)

that would help a lot here, too :rolleyes:
But I guess they are actually planning to change this strange deposit thing a bit,so that its easier to return the empty bottles and cans...

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Lucretia schrieb:
that would help a lot here, too :rolleyes:
But I guess they are actually planning to change this strange deposit thing a bit,so that its easier to return the empty bottles and cans...

It's strange that they didn't look at Sweden for this, it has been working with aluminium cans since about 1985 or so, with PET bottles from the late 80-s and with glass bottles for a long time.

If it works for us, why not adopt the easy way of doing things??

:)

We also used to have deposits on some wine and booze bottles, but that isn't used any more.

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
*sighs*
you know, actually we could learn a lot from Sweden, but obviously German politicians don´t want to learn :rolleyes:

We also do have this other deposit system on the "real" returnable glass bottles and some plastic bottles like the CocaCola ones - you can return them in every shop too. That system has been working since I was a kid too.
Its only those non-returnable bottles and cans (which will actually be recycled after you return them) which is so strange :rolleyes:

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
If it has been working for other things it should be able to work with the other as well :)

We have like "can machines" that you put your cans in, it scans the bar code and decide if you are allowed refund or not.
We only get refund for cans manufactured in Sweden, or in some cases imported to Sweden and put into the refund system.