Crazy English! Read this before comment!!!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Crazy English :D
If I read this correctly the English from York are allowed to kill Scottish without being punished!
York: Altes Gesetz erlaubt das Erschießen von Schotten mit Pfeil und Bogen
Ewan und Gill Main aus York wollen am 8. September nach Edinburgh wandern, um dort ein Friedensangebot vorzulegen. Grund ist ein uraltes Gesetz, durch das Schotten in York erschossen werden dürfen.

Innerhalb der Stadtmauern Yorks dürfen die Einwohner Schotten mit Pfeil und Bogen erschießen. Dafür könnten sie noch nicht mal bestraft werden.

Ewan und Gil Main sammeln nun Unterschriften, um die Beziehungen zwischen Schottland und England zu verbessern. Die Menschen, die unterschreiben, verpflichten sich, niemals einen Schotten mit Pfeil und Bogen zu erschießen.
Translation:
Old Law allows shooting Scottish with bow and arrow
Ewan and Gill Main from York want to walk to Edinburgh on September 8, to offer a peace treaty. The reason for this is an ancient law, which allows them to shoot at the Scottish in York.

Within the city walls of York the inhabitants are allowed to shoot the Scottish with bow and arrow. They can't even be punished for that.

Ewan and Gil Main are now collecting signatures, in order to improve relations between England and Scotland. People who signed that petition oblige themselves never to shoot any Scot with bow and arrow.

I don't know, but I reckon this is crazy. :D It's like the Dutch being allowed to shoot the Frisian people.

How weird can it be? :confused:

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

catlash

W:O:A Metalhead
21 Nov. 2005
Tulsa, Oklahoma
www.myspace.com
Quark schrieb:
If I read this correctly the English from York are allowed to kill Scottish without being punished!

Translation:
Ewan and Gill Main from York want to walk to Edinburgh on September 8, to offer a peace treaty. The reason for this is an ancient law, which allows them to shoot at the Scottish in York.

Within the city walls of York the inhabitants are allowed to shoot the Scottish with bow and arrow. They can't even be punished for that.

Ewan and Gil Main are now collecting signatures, in order to improve relations between England and Scotland. People who signed that petition oblige themselves never to shoot any Scot with bow and arrow.

I don't know, but I reckon this is crazy. :D It's like the Dutch being allowed to shoot the Frisian people.

Every state in the US has their own odd laws like this. Old laws that have been on the books since the beginning of time that no one has contested, erased from the law books, revised for the times or that likely have been forgotten about altogether. Most laws like this state side are insanely crazy but fairly harmless but every once in a while I hear of a law still on the books that do allow harm.
In Oklahoma it is still considered illegal to live together without marrriage. this law is NEVER brought to the forferont and used anymore.
It is still, according to ancient law, illegal to be gay in Oklahoma. also this law is never used anymore.
In Arkansas it is illegal to kick a mule on a sidewalk. not only is this never used but there are now VERY RARELY ever any mules found on sidewalks in Arkansas.
I a, not sure if this one still stands but at least recently back it still stood that owning ferrets as pets in California was considered illegal, because way back when the rule of domesticated or wildlife animals was being written up ferrets were omitted in the detailed description of domesticated animals so by default fell into the more vague category of wildlife even though only one subgenus-the black footed ferret-is a wild North American species. By that same type of law chinchillas are considered exotic and so though one may legally own one in Oklahoma, like I do, I would need an exotic animal license if ever I wanted to sell him.

Those are just four that come to mind instantly.
The bad thing-in the case of the above posted archaic law-is that as long as they remain on the books there will be someone that might try using them AND sadly, might be able to legally get away with it.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
catlash schrieb:
Every state in the US has their own odd laws like this. Old laws that have been on the books since the beginning of time that no one has contested, erased from the law books, revised for the times or that likely have been forgotten about altogether. Most laws like this state side are insanely crazy but fairly harmless but every once in a while I hear of a law still on the books that do allow harm.
In Oklahoma it is still considered illegal to live together without marrriage. this law is NEVER brought to the forferont and used anymore.
It is still, according to ancient law, illegal to be gay in Oklahoma. also this law is never used anymore.
In Arkansas it is illegal to kick a mule on a sidewalk. not only is this never used but there are now VERY RARELY ever any mules found on sidewalks in Arkansas.
Those are just three hat come to mind instantly.
The bad thing-in the case of the above posted archaic law-is that as long as they remain on the books there will be someone that might try using them AND sadly, might be able to legally get away with it.
I've seen more crazy US laws somewhere else. Don't know the link anymore, but as soon as I find it, I'll repost the link here.

BTW, you've got a PM.

Alrek

W:O:A Metalhead
Carpathian_Wolf schrieb:
I got friends there so wouldnt be a prob :p :p

Someone said 'Scotland'! You know what that means...
hairyhornyscotland.gif

Nemesiss

W:O:A Metalmaster
4 März 2006
Nederland
Quark schrieb:

Translation:

and here i was thinking it was allowed to shoot the people form friesland.... damn!!! :mad: