camping?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

szandekh

16 Apr. 2002
Dacula, GA, USA
www.geocities.com
hey

a friend and i are coming from america to germany in the middle of july and stay with friends and family, and we're going to take the train to itzehoe on july 30. some people have said we should camp there instead of staying at hotels. since we can't take a tent with us, any suggestions on how to camp? do people let strangers share their tents or anything? neither of us have been to wacken before, so we don't have any idea how things work. any suggestions?

appreciate it..

Balrog

W:O:A Metalhead
26 Nov. 2001
Schaumburg o. FFM
Website besuchen
Well, when your coming in the middle of July you still have time enough to buy one of the cheap tents in a supermarket for let's say 20€. So you don't need to take a room in a hotel (you wouldn't get one; reserved for the next 10 years:D) and you can throw that cheap thing away when Wacken is over.

Brat

26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
All this rubbish!!!

I think as a metal community, it would be a very good thing if instead of throwing out your tent after Wacken, the organisers could give the leftover tents to charity. They could sell them or even give them to homeless people.

What does everyone think?

szandekh

16 Apr. 2002
Dacula, GA, USA
www.geocities.com
great idea, i didnt even think to buy a cheap tent. that will save us some money anyways, and i'll give the tent to someone who can use it after we're done.

another question.. i know all ages of people go to wacken, but what age group is the most common? my friend and i are only at the tender age of 17, and we're wondering if anyone will want to hang with us. ive never had problems in germany before as an american, but i am a little worried that some people might not want to associate with amis. is that anything to worry about?

Sodomy&Lust

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
@szandekh: no problem with your age, religion, sex, hair length, weight..... we're all brothers :)

And don't worry about the tent, if you don't find any place to sleep, just search the guy with the violet Vicious Rumors t-shirt (that's me! :) ), because I'll take with me a tent for four persons, and I'll go on my own. And I don't expect any female metalhead wanting to share my tent with me :(

See you!!

xpet

25 Jan. 2002
Hamburg
@ Sodomy
Why??? ;)

@ Brat
there are always people running around after festival is over collectiong all the left over tents and stuff - so nothing will end up in the trash if its not totally dirty or broken. I dont know what that people do with all that stuff - I guess they sell it or use it their own.
By the way, I´m always taking some leftover things with me, too, if I find sth useful - mainly tent pegs :D :D

szandekh

16 Apr. 2002
Dacula, GA, USA
www.geocities.com
@Sodomy&Lust: If you go alone, we will be glad to hang with you, so keep an eye out for the kids with the cannibal corpse and (probably) helloween shirts, the ones without a tent smoking handrolled cigarettes.

as for the female metalheads, don't give up hope! anything's possible.

see ya there

Sodomy&Lust

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
Originally posted by Thordis V.
@ Sodomy: There are my girls, so let's wait... ;)

Did you really mean "my girls"? Do you have a harem? :D

@kanninne: I haven't bought my tent yet, but I plan to do it soon, but it won't be a "4men tent", it will be a "4persons tent". I don't discriminate :) . It will be a pleasure to share my tent with you, although I'm afraid you're a man :D (aren't you?) . By the way, do you snore? :)

@xpet: you've changed your avatar!! The new one is cool, too ;)

Lvsitanno

22 März 2002
Portugal
www.witchcraftproductions.web.pt
Wow...and the world keeps changing...:p

-Nice man with light brown (or whatever) long hair with tastes ranging from Darkthrone to folk music and Motörhead seeks female company with same tastes, over 18yrs, long hair, lots of beer, driver license, not very tall, leather pants, to share a tent for two. P.S. no snorring nor bad smells from weird unknown places... no S&M weirdos, no transsexuals, NO MONEY WILL BE GIVEN. Full satisfaction guaranteed or i will reemburse(?) you-

--> this might stick....hohoho

/me jumps around singing "YEAH i'm your green elfic goblin with sexy ears... WOOO i drank until i saw the bottle's glass, i fell on the ground and almost broke my ass"