Bringing alcohol from Wacken

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Fingon

28 Dez. 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Hello dear forumers!

I happen to live in the faschismus state of Sweden, where no one under the age of 20 may buy alcoholic beverages stronger than 3,5% (Well, you only have to be 18 to go to bars and stuff, but you can't buy alcohol in stores stronger than 3,5%).
To make it even funnier our taxes on alcohol are so high that a bottle of Vodka (70cl, 40%) cost at LEAST 20 euro. A CHEAP can of beer (50 cl, ~5%) cost like 1 euro.
Did I mention that the right to sell all alcohol stronger than 3,5% in stores do strictly belong to the state, who have stores called "Systembolaget" who are the only ones who have the rights to sell alcohol stronger than 3,5%.

Now you understand that no one can accept this, so everybody wants to bring in lots of alcohol when they travel outside Sweden. I read something in the festival ABC (don't know if its translated in english yet, but if you understand german you could have a look), and the last entry there, "Zoll" ("Customs") made me think of this. It said something about that Schleswig-Holstein or whatever it was was like an own little state, and that there could be some sort of custom control by guards when you left the region. "So be careful with what you bring with you".

Does that mean I can't bring alcohol? Weird thing, normally you may take like 10 litres of alcohol (40%) and like a hell of an amount of beer with you when you are travelling within the european union.

Enlighten me, wise people! ;)

//Martin, Sweden

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

MrHellRaiser

W:O:A Metalhead
1 März 2004
Holon, Israel
Website besuchen
you can bring in as much as you can carry. and if it's over , you have a super market with a lot of cheap alcohol ... and they never checked me for my age... not that i'm a minor or anything, but still ...

and they just prefer that you don't bring bottles to the camping ground, as it is dangerous and all that, but still you can bring it, and it's ok...

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Can't say anything about the age limit in Germany or anything, but as far as I understand the check ups made during and after Wacken is for drunk driving and people carrying drugs.

I really don't think they give a damn about bringing/carrying alcohol.

The customs in Sweden though, that's another story.

DarthFreak

W:O:A Metalmaster
Its 16 for Beer and Wine and drink not containing any distilled alcohol.

from 18 you can get anything you want.

the "zoll" entry is as someone said drunk driving and drugs... so as long as your over 18, take whatever you like (just stick to swedisch laws considering importing alkohol, but of those i have no idea at all)

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Schlesswich Holstein is not al little state, it's a "Bundesland"

And the only reasons that there are customs there, is to be able to check for drugs in your luggage, should you have eny drugs on you, they can arrest you. (Goes especially for people with yellow number plates with black figures. (Dutch))

Fingon

28 Dez. 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Hehe, ok, thats great :)

About the Swedish laws, customs and other shit: You have to be 20 to bring in alcohol, but I'am going with Sweden Rocks busses, so if the guards decide to randomcheck our bus (out of like 50 SwedenRock-busses and some thousand cars crossing the Öresundsbridge from Denmark that day) I just have to find some person on the bus over 20, who may claim that my alcohol belongs to him, then it will be ok (as long as it's under 10 litres of 40% alco ;D).

Thanks for the answers :)

UweG

21 Juni 2005
Siegen
I guess I seriously have to re-elaborate my plans to move to sweden in a few years :D

mugabe

7 Aug. 2002
Avesta, Sweden
www.kurtz.se
Fingon schrieb:
I just have to find some person on the bus over 20, who may claim that my alcohol belongs to him, then it will be ok (as long as it's under 10 litres of 40% alco ;D).
Then you run the risk of him drinking it, of course.

UweG schrieb:
I guess I seriously have to re-elaborate my plans to move to sweden in a few years :D
Not at all. Just don't forget to bring beer.

Iscariot

9 Jan. 2002
Apeldoorn- Netherlands
surf.to
Quark schrieb:
Schlesswich Holstein is not al little state, it's a "Bundesland"

And the only reasons that there are customs there, is to be able to check for drugs in your luggage, should you have eny drugs on you, they can arrest you. (Goes especially for people with yellow number plates with black figures. (Dutch))

Hmmz, never had that problem before:D... but on the other hand, there is not much to check for but beer. We're very decent people:)

@fingon: But how much are you planning to bring with you if you're going with an organized bus? Even if you leave all your luggage behind and bring only alcohol it can't be that much!:) But I don't think busses are to be checked for drugs or drunken drivers anyway:)

Fingon

28 Dez. 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Well, TO wacken my friend and I plan to bring (by an organised bus yeah):
-Our very small sleepingtent
-Our partytent-roof (not any plastic walls)
-Our backpacks
-Some clothes
-Some food

FROM wacken we plan to bring:

-(Maybe) our sleepingtent
-Some clothes
-Our backpacks filled with alcohol ;)

The problem is that we are just 18, so we arent permitted to bring any alcohol into Sweden, if its even just a single can of beer (I'am not joking).

But well, guess that wont be a problem ;)