Bands this year

Dieses Thema im Forum "Talk" wurde erstellt von Bramadeus, 24. März 2002.

1. Bramadeus

Bramadeus Member

I'm very disapointed to see that this year the bands who are playing are a lot less spectacular/good as last year...
    The billing is very old school, also a lot of really mediocre bands...Seems they want to please just the German people who want to listen to uninteresting german bands...

What happened ? Last year we had such a great fucking time listening to awesome bands like In FLames, Dark Tranquility, Nightwish, Cryptopsy, Helloween, DImmu,...

I am really really sad that this year's billing is so "mediocre"
    I just pray and hope they will announce some more interesting names.... Where are the times when the sun was about to set, you have a whle night of metal ahead of you, great music, great atmosphere...

Anyway I will be in Wacken of course, I just wanted to get this off my chest...
    Hope to get some response on this...

2. WildCat

WildCat W:O:A Metalhead

Hey, who said the atmosphere wont be great ;)
    Always look at the bright Side :
    Less Bands to see = more time to drink :D

3. Thordis V.

Thordis V. W:O:A Metalgod

Wait some time, maybe things will get better for your taste. I'm waiting for more black metal, if it works, I will be happy, if not, well wait for 2003.

4. Lvsitanno

Lvsitanno W:O:A Metalhead

Yes i hope to see more black metal bands this year... we are getting tired of so many heavy/power/hard metal bands every year. Glad we had Desaster last year!

5. Iscariot

Iscariot W:O:A Metalhead

The problem is that many black metal bands don't play live shows
    */me also waiting for more black metal*

6. Thordis V.

I don't think the main problem is that black metal bands don't want to play, it's more the problem that bands don't get much offers from the festivals themselves. Because black metal fans aren't a majority.

7. Garm

Garm Guest

It's because the organisators of Wacken don't like Black Metal!!!!!!!!
    Anyway they're booking some bands to satisfy the audience who made Wacken that big!

8. Thordis V.

That's really a pitty and a problem. I think the organisation should care more about the wishes of people coming to Wacken.
    But still there's some time to hope.

9. Necrocunt

Necrocunt W:O:A Metalhead

As Thorns said: "hope is a serum that never heals..."
    :(

10. Lvsitanno

Lvsitanno W:O:A Metalhead

I believe the problem is that Wacken Open Air (hair?) is sponsored by labels such as Nuclear Blast, Century Media and Metal-Is and Germany is very fond of Heavy/traditional Metal, so they might be under some kind of "order" from the sponsors. Anyway that's what i think.

11. Garm

Garm Guest

Thats right!
    Fuck these teutonic gays!!!
    WE WANT BLACK FUCKING METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Kroppus

Kroppus W:O:A Metalhead

*is still laughing from "Nightwish, In Flames and Helloween = Black metal bands" :)

So what if there's a lot of bands you don't want to see? If there's not enough to make you wanna go? Remember there's no one that forces you to go.
    Those that choose the bands are usually listeningto what the fans want. (my experience with them is only from Norway + Denmark) And sometime when enough people are threatening to boicott the festival until some good music comes, helps.

The best thing about there's beeing shitty bands on now and then is as WildCat said. More time to drink and stumble into other drunk people and have a really good time. So bring the beer and a chair and join the happy campers.

Diese Seite empfehlen