Ask the Germans

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Rojar

17 Aug. 2005
Rostock
in the Spar in Wacken I dont know. I think you can because iirc they got taken over by edeka this year and are now a bigger chain. Edeka always took my debit card (maestro when I was a student). If you want to be on the safe side then go shopping in Hamburg. I know Minimal,Rewe,Penny all take maestro cards and you are sure to find them there some where.

but the money machines at the banks take credit cards of all names....

"The shelf afaik is for the extra TP! TP TP FOR MY BUNGHOLIO!!!!"

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Karsten schrieb:
Maestro definitly. Master at most shops.
Even with foreign debit cards? I read/heard that it is almost impossible to pay with my Belgian card in Germany! (or my Dutch for that matter)

But just to compare. It's easier to pay with my Dutch card over here, than with my Belgian card in the Netherlands! See the point? Most shopowners think that foreign payments (by Maestro) is far too expensive.

MetalCommando

W:O:A Metalhead
8 Juli 2003
England
www.forfuckssakes.net
Rojar schrieb:
in the Spar in Wacken I dont know. I think you can because iirc they got taken over by edeka this year and are now a bigger chain. Edeka always took my debit card (maestro when I was a student). If you want to be on the safe side then go shopping in Hamburg. I know Minimal,Rewe,Penny all take maestro cards and you are sure to find them there some where.

but the money machines at the banks take credit cards of all names....

"The shelf afaik is for the extra TP! TP TP FOR MY BUNGHOLIO!!!!"

that makes sense

mugabe

W:O:A Metalhead
7 Aug. 2002
Avesta, Sweden
www.kurtz.se
Rojar schrieb:
Credit Cards: They arent trusted by the majority. Plain and simple. To pay in stores you have to use trusted and approved methods that allow a data collection agency to approve your credit rating every time you make a purchase. (Schufa)...Ok its not so bad that they do it every time but THEY COULD.
How weird. 90% of the time I buy something I just register my VISA card and enter the same PIN code I would at an ATM. Maybe people don't trust ATM's either?

Sodomy&Lust

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
Huldran schrieb:
One thing that I'd ask - why, for bloody hell's sake, 18-rated movies in Germany often appear CUT? :mad: Never seen that practice elsewhere.

Yeah, that's total crap.... I was watching Indiana Jones in the temple of doom with my (ex)girlfriend, and then I told her "look, now he takes his heart out", but he didn't :rolleyes:

Zombi

10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
Sodomy&Lust schrieb:
Yeah, that's total crap.... I was watching Indiana Jones in the temple of doom with my (ex)girlfriend, and then I told her "look, now he takes his heart out", but he didn't :rolleyes:

lol yeah and guess which part of EuroTrip is cut, even though it says Uncut on the german dvd :p

monochrom

15 Aug. 2002
Hamburg
Website besuchen
mugabe schrieb:
Ok, here's a nice Q&A thread where we can ask the Germans teutonic-related stuff and get well-informed in-depth answers.

Q: What's up with Joschka Fischer?

Q: Have you managed to organise a bottle/can recycling system that is not insane yet?

Q: Why can't you pay with credit cards at many huge German stores?

Q: What do you do on Sundays when you finally have the time for some shopping nut all stores are closed?

1. Joschka is going to lecture american students on how to look a rebel when you are not.

2. No, and no hopes for the future.

3. We are transforming very fast, and your needs will surely be met by 2070.

4. We wash our cars.