• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Indeed I am. Finally saw the fine print on the website where it said the AKN train was a private rail company. Shame I can't make it this year, but I'll know for next time.

Netherlands and Belgium was a bit tricky, but I seemed to have found a few DB trains that run through them. Sucks that they take so long compared to the trains with compulsory bookings etc. :o

That's the problem of DB.

I largely prefer DB (ICE) over Thalys. But they run every once in a while.
Thalys sucks 'cause you have to reserve a place!

Alix: R is regional trains. It doesn't matter who's riding them, all railway tickets/passes are valid. Regardless if it's DB-Regio, Euregiobahn, Nord-West-Bahn, Nord-Ostsee-Bahn, etc.
Pay attention with the Metronoom (Bremen-Hamburg/Hannover-Hamburg), as I'm not sure, and the HKX (Hamburg-Köln-Xpress) is a private railway.
And in NL and B you don't need reservations for any train (except Thalys), regardless if you're riding a R or IC. (in NL: R trains are either called stoptrein or sprinter, in B all regional trains are L.

Koldawne

W:O:A Metalhead
31 Aug. 2012
Aylmer, Quebec Canada

Alix: R is regional trains. It doesn't matter who's riding them, all railway tickets/passes are valid. Regardless if it's DB-Regio, Euregiobahn, Nord-West-Bahn, Nord-Ostsee-Bahn, etc.
Pay attention with the Metronoom (Bremen-Hamburg/Hannover-Hamburg), as I'm not sure, and the HKX (Hamburg-Köln-Xpress) is a private railway.
And in NL and B you don't need reservations for any train (except Thalys), regardless if you're riding a R or IC. (in NL: R trains are either called stoptrein or sprinter, in B all regional trains are L.

This time was much easier for me than the last trip. I was so confused with all the reservations and I forgot one of the most important ones and so had to buy a full fare ticket because there was no more room for rail pass holders. I suppose I could have just jumped on but I was always under the impression that they check the tickets - at least they have on every train I have been on.

Alix

W:O:A Metalmaster
12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia

Cheers :)
As you may recall I had to catch a Thalys train last year from Amsterdam to Brussels. I had to buy a whole new ticket and the travel agent advised that I book a train a few hours after my plane was meant to land, just in case it was late...but it wasn't...so I waited there for 3 hours for the train to arrive. It was spiffy though (I guess you'd expect that with 1st class anyway :p). It'd be nice Thalys worked the same as ICE, that way I'd get places way quicker :uff:

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Cheers :)
As you may recall I had to catch a Thalys train last year from Amsterdam to Brussels. I had to buy a whole new ticket and the travel agent advised that I book a train a few hours after my plane was meant to land, just in case it was late...but it wasn't...so I waited there for 3 hours for the train to arrive. It was spiffy though (I guess you'd expect that with 1st class anyway :p). It'd be nice Thalys worked the same as ICE, that way I'd get places way quicker :uff:

I never take Thalys except when I have to go to France, there's no alternative. But to NL I'll just take an ordinairy IC from Brussels, and change once. (either Rotterdam or The Hague HS) I'm not that rushed to be 20min. earlier in Amsterdam. 5hrs or 4,5hrs is all the same to me.

Alix

12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia
I never take Thalys except when I have to go to France, there's no alternative. But to NL I'll just take an ordinairy IC from Brussels, and change once. (either Rotterdam or The Hague HS) I'm not that rushed to be 20min. earlier in Amsterdam. 5hrs or 4,5hrs is all the same to me.

I know what you mean. Stopping for lunch is always nice :)

raylouie

W:O:A Metalhead
13 Mai 2013
Colorado
Has anyone use the Hamburg-Köln-Express GmbH (HKX)? I taking it to Köln after WOA? It was slightly cheaper than DB Bahn.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Has anyone use the Hamburg-Köln-Express GmbH (HKX)? I taking it to Köln after WOA? It was slightly cheaper than DB Bahn.

No.

I prefer DB, but that's 'cause I use cheap tickets with "Zugbindung". (= reservations for ONE specific train) And because I have a "BahnCard25", which gives me 25% reduction.

I do know it does not run every hour or so. There are only 4 trains running I think.

Zachia

8 Mai 2012
Pay attention with the Metronoom (Bremen-Hamburg/Hannover-Hamburg), as I'm not sure, .

i just called my father, who uses the metr0nom-trains very often ( he lives in Niedersachsen )he said that you can use /buy the DB-Tickets for their trains.

Zuletzt bearbeitet: