New Band confirmed: ALL THAT REMAINS!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Spindelta

W:O:A Metalhead
21 Dez. 2006
I now count more 'core' bands than straight up death metal on the bill. I suppose that Wacken really is targeting its lineup to a more popular metal audience.

Sam Przyborowski

2 Apr. 2005
Coventry
There not the worst 'Metalcore' band I've heard by a long shot. Still nothing I'd ever go and buy or indeed go out of my way to see but then theres a few non 'Metalcore' bands on the lineup that I'd say exactly the same about.

Also, compare the few Metalcore bands to the vast majority of the bill which isn't. Still a great bill, albiet with a few Metalcore bands on. Being as theres no way I can physically stand from 11am to 3am, I ain't really bothered.

MetalViking

26 Feb. 2007
England
There not the worst 'Metalcore' band I've heard by a long shot. Still nothing I'd ever go and buy or indeed go out of my way to see but then theres a few non 'Metalcore' bands on the lineup that I'd say exactly the same about.

Also, compare the few Metalcore bands to the vast majority of the bill which isn't. Still a great bill, albiet with a few Metalcore bands on. Being as theres no way I can physically stand from 11am to 3am, I ain't really bothered.
you may be right about theres still quite alot more good bands then crap, but there seems to be alot more of a core based line up this year then there was last year, if it carries on this rate god knows what would happen
lets just hope wacken stays true

zombiecag

3 Jan. 2007
Peterborough, England
I'm with Adam (Random_dude)

It's shit that they're booking core bands this year.. but it was bound to happen eventually... for some reason it's a popular sub-genre with the youth of today...
But, in my opinion, the youth of today that listens to core and nothing but core, need to be slapped. Hard.

Anyway, there's like 3 stages? So while the shitty core bands are on, we can just go watch another band surely? Failing that, just go out and socialize!!

leigonX

17 Jan. 2007
Richmond, VA, USA
Yes they are a 'core band, but not a "shitty" one; I've heard much worse. I saw them open for Dragonforce in the states and they really impressed me. Their guitarist is very good.

Spindelta

21 Dez. 2006
I don't know. I can just about cope with melodic death metal, if it's done properly - but slap a 'core' and there and I'm bored to tears. It's like 'Yeah, we can play, but check out how down with the kids we are!'