• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
You mean my wages or the maid's wages? I work a middle level job in a multinational corporation, so I do alright.

As for our maid, our house is not the only place she works at, she works at other 4-5 houses in the apartment as well. Plus her husband most likely has a job as well (I've never really asked but it's almost certain). My estimate is they would make somewhere around 150-180 € a month combined which is enough for survival but not much else. For instance, if they have a medical emergency, they're pretty much fucked.

Ah. I was wondering, because although I imagine wages and such are low over there, 12€ a month is kinda crazy. :p

Overall though, how does it compare to say Germany? Do you guys generally not make enough to cover expenses or is it roughly as affordable?

You're absolutely right about that. The call center employees here are way less qualified than anywhere in EU/Americas. Anyone who has gone to school, can read and speak English can easily land a job at a call center (they are paid around 200-250€ a month). The ones who are formally trained in English/American accent are paid more.

It has also got to do with the fact that English is not our first language (or even 2nd language for most). Imagine taking Japanese class at school and then working at a Japanese language call center. It's exactly like that, hence the incomprehensible English. India is the call center of the world because we're cheap to hire, not because we're any good at it :p

Sounds about right. :D

I work in retail electronics and wireless, so I'm forced to call those call centers fairly regularly. It frustrates me. :D

xforeverxmetalx

29 Dez. 2007
I'm quite happy with this thread utterly missing it's target and being filled with casual chat/discussion like at the moment than page after page of one person spamming the same post over and over again as in previous threads

Pretty much agree.

maybe we should just rename the thread to "normal conversation before wacken 2014" :p

:D

How long do you have to be here before you can delete your own replies?? LOL

Never. :o Think you have to be a mod.

dishayu

W:O:A Metalhead
12 Sep. 2013
Bedok, Singapore
Overall though, how does it compare to say Germany? Do you guys generally not make enough to cover expenses or is it roughly as affordable?

Germany is a rich, developed country. There's no comparison. I typically only manage to save about 500€ per month after taxes, rent, expenses and so on. But like I said... statistically, I fall under the top 0.2%, so you can imagine how bad it is for the rest. 50% of the population has to rely partially on government support for basic sustenance.

xforeverxmetalx

29 Dez. 2007
Germany is a rich, developed country. There's no comparison. I typically only manage to save about 500€ per month after taxes, rent, expenses and so on. But like I said... statistically, I fall under the top 0.2%, so you can imagine how bad it is for the rest. 50% of the population has to rely partially on government support for basic sustenance.

Ah I see. I figured it wouldn't be very easy to live there, but that sucks. :( Why do you think that is? Poor education?

dishayu

12 Sep. 2013
Bedok, Singapore
Ah I see. I figured it wouldn't be very easy to live there, but that sucks. :( Why do you think that is? Poor education?

Poor education is one of the biggest reasons. India is one of the most corrupt, dishonest nations as well (internally), so all the money that is supposedly spent on the upliftment of the poor eventually ends up being consumed (illegally, of course) by the political hierarchy.

xforeverxmetalx

29 Dez. 2007
Poor education is one of the biggest reasons. India is one of the most corrupt, dishonest nations as well (internally), so all the money that is supposedly spent on the upliftment of the poor eventually ends up being consumed (illegally, of course) by the political hierarchy.

:( So basically it's not the best place to live.

How is it for you? Don't mind it too much, or trying to leave?

dishayu

12 Sep. 2013
Bedok, Singapore
:( So basically it's not the best place to live.

How is it for you? Don't mind it too much, or trying to leave?

By Indian standards, I live a very comfortable (can even be called rather luxurious) life. But that's not saying much because the quality of life in general here is bad. Varying from significant things like bad roads (or the lack of roads) to the lack of basic mannerism en masse, too much religion, communism etc... Right down to the subtle differences in the quality of the goods we consume and places we visit (buildings and infrastructure wise).

I want to jump ship and live in a peaceful, low density, high HDI country. Looking at the possibilities in Scandinavia right now.