How leave Wacken for Hamburg in the night 5th or the morning of 6th

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

moostach

22 Juli 2008
Few questions before main subject :
  • I'll come the 2nd and if everything is ok, should arrive at Itzehoe station at 19:20 or worst at 20:20. Would I still have a bus or must I take a taxi ?
  • I saw many people talking about the shuttle from Itzehoe to Wacken but only find the schedule from 2008. Is this still valid ?
  • What are taxis with wacken flags ? Official ? I remenber to have seen some cars with flags in 2008 but didn't know it was taxis.

I must leave wacken the 6th because I'll go to Sonispehre Stockholm by plane from Lübeck Airport.
I have several options for now and would like to have your help. Some friends, around ten, should be in the same case but they'll spend the night at hamburg so they have less options.

Option1 Camp
  1. camp the night of the 5th,
  2. take a taxi to Itzehoe station, where I could book one?
  3. take train R60/NOB80599 Itzehoe/Elmshorn 08:37 - 09:02
  4. and train R70 Elmshorn/Hamburg Hbf 10:09 - 10:37
  5. take shuttle Airportbus A20 Hamburg-ZOB/LBC Hambourg Lübeck 11:15 - 12:20

Option2 Hamburg
  1. Leave wacken after maiden gig but how ? there's no metal travel bus and last train from Itzehoe is at 23:22
  2. Spend the night at hamburg
  3. Take shuttle Airportbus A20 Hamburg-ZOB/LBC Hambourg Lübeck 11:15 - 12:20
Option3 Lubeck
Going directly to Lübeck airport without going through Hamburg, is it possible and how ?

If someone have a better solution I take it.

I gather all informations I got in an ebook, more easy to use http://ironmaidenproject.free.fr/docs/Wacken2010.pdf. All comments and checks are welcome.

Thank for your help
Pat

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Few questions before main subject :
  • I'll come the 2nd and if everything is ok, should arrive at Itzehoe station at 19:20 or worst at 20:20. Would I still have a bus or must I take a taxi ?
  • I saw many people talking about the shuttle from Itzehoe to Wacken but only find the schedule from 2008. Is this still valid ?
  • What are taxis with wacken flags ? Official ? I remenber to have seen some cars with flags in 2008 but didn't know it was taxis.

I must leave wacken the 6th because I'll go to Sonispehre Stockholm by plane from Lübeck Airport.
I have several options for now and would like to have your help. Some friends, around ten, should be in the same case but they'll spend the night at hamburg so they have less options.

Option1 Camp
  1. camp the night of the 5th,
  2. take a taxi to Itzehoe station, where I could book one?
  3. take train R60/NOB80599 Itzehoe/Elmshorn 08:37 - 09:02
  4. and train R70 Elmshorn/Hamburg Hbf 10:09 - 10:37
  5. take shuttle Airportbus A20 Hamburg-ZOB/LBC Hambourg Lübeck 11:15 - 12:20

Option2 Hamburg
  1. Leave wacken after maiden gig but how ? there's no metal travel bus and last train from Itzehoe is at 23:22
  2. Spend the night at hamburg
  3. Take shuttle Airportbus A20 Hamburg-ZOB/LBC Hambourg Lübeck 11:15 - 12:20
Option3 Lubeck
Going directly to Lübeck airport without going through Hamburg, is it possible and how ?

If someone have a better solution I take it.

I gather all informations I got in an ebook, more easy to use http://ironmaidenproject.free.fr/docs/Wacken2010.pdf. All comments and checks are welcome.

Thank for your help
Pat

As you've noticed, I've also numbered the first things. (A,B,C,D,...)

A) It is still possible to get a shuttle at that time. Don't worry.
B) No. A schedule will be published as soon as they know more. (prob. about July or June at the earliest)
C) They are official taxis and have a price agreement that it won't be more than €30 (single trip Itzehoe - Wacken v.v.)

There's also a "night" shuttle going back to Itzehoe on Sunday (for those who have the "Metal Train" or an early regular train, otherwise I'd say, grab a cab and go from there to Itzehoe station to catch your train.
There will be plenty of cabs waiting at the bus station (in Wacken), but if not, look at www.telefonbuch.de (english button) and search for taxis in Wacken, Scheenefeld, Steinburg or Itzehoe. (to name some villages)

Option 2 is too stressy, not metal and besides you won't make it
And option 3 is impossible. (no direct Wacken - Lübeck airport, unless there are special shuttles but those are on return trip basis)

Edit Piaf zegt: I just saw you're leaving earlier then Sat.
The night shuttle does therefore NOT run!
The rest is and remains an option.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Drex

W:O:A Metalhead
Have you thought 'bout renting a car at itzehoe, the day before leaving, and travel to Lübeck the day you need, and then leave the car there?

Sixt has office both in Itzehoe and Lübeck airport...

For going to Itzehoe, you just take a shuttle from Wacken, take the car, and you get to Wacken again driving. I'ts a little bit expensive (like 100 eur/day), but cheaper than grabbing a couple of taxis if you are more than 3 ppl.