Mp3 player concerns

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Solskinn Av Natten

W:O:A Metalhead
28 März 2008
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
I admit that I am heavily reliant on my mp3 player (Creative Zen, 30gb). It goes everywhere I go... and I mean EVERYWHERE, ever. Nowhere would it be more appreciated than on long train / bus rides across Europe.

HOWEVER...

It comes complete with a rechargeable non-removable battery. It can charge only via North American wall outlets, or the USB port on a computer. I'll be on a 7+ hour flight from Toronto to Hamburg, after which point my battery will probably be dead.

How do you guys charge your mp3 devices when on a long trip such as the pilgrimage to Wacken? What's the best option - something like this (assuming I can find one in Ontario)?

zegazoid

3 Juli 2008
Dunblane, Scotland
MP3 Recharge...

Yeah, a travel adaptor is fine, if you can get anywhere to plug it in once you are on the campsite.. You might want to try something like this...

http://www.ethicalsuperstore.com/products/solar-technology/freeloader-solar-charger/

It's a solar battery, you can charge it up even on a cloudy day, then charge your MP3 off of that...

I've just ordered one... Had real problems with my phone last year, got one of those N95 things, battery lasts about 24 hours... Got three kids trying to phone me every 10 minutes and my battery didn't even last the first day!! People don't want to lend you their phone so you call Scotland from Germany..

zegazoid

3 Juli 2008
Dunblane, Scotland
American... I didn't realise those fom the US actually described themselves as American... Most of the folks I know from USA are either; Irish-American, Scottish-American, Italian-American, Spanish-American, African-American or Polak.... They always have a reference to somewhere not in any of the Americas first and the American bit second... :confused:

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
American... I didn't realise those fom the US actually described themselves as American... Most of the folks I know from USA are either; Irish-American, Scottish-American, Italian-American, Spanish-American, African-American or Polak.... They always have a reference to somewhere not in any of the Americas first and the American bit second... :confused:

Well, you don't know this, but America does not exist.

LooseCannon

W:O:A Metalhead
3 Aug. 2002
Baltimore,Maryland USA
Website besuchen
Well, you don't know this, but America does not exist.

Very true

Me?
I'm bringing the old fashioned WALKMAN (with cassette player & AM/FM radio) & a DISKMAN(gotta hear what I buy a Wacken) with me to listen to.I have plenty of batteries for that.I'll have my stack of comic books with (yes,I'm a comic collector) to read.Not to mention a PSP to play or watch movies on.

gee jay

W:O:A Metalmaster
11 März 2008
White Plains, New York

I was raised to say American.
I say - American (from Irish/Scotish if asked about parents)

:)
Sorry to go off topic.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
13 Okt. 2007
Boston Area, Massachusetts
I was raised to say American.
I say - American (from Irish/Scotish if asked about parents)

:)
Sorry to go off topic.
We're raised from a young age to consider ourselves "Americans". The more correct term I believe is "US Americans". what else would you call us? United statesish? :D Most people will give two different answers to the question "What are you" (Obviously referring to their nationality), depending on whether or not you, the person asking the question, is from the US as well. If asked "What are you?" by someone with a heavy German accent, for example, the person would most likely answer "I'm an American", assuming you were asking what country they're currently a citizen of. But if another person who lives in the United States asks the same question (With the exception of those 2 months of painfully forced nationalism after 9/11 where everyone was an "American"), they'll generally give you their ethnic background, assuming they know it. I have English, Irish, Scottish, German, Italian, and Native American background, myself.

I've heard Canadians, Mexicans, and other people from the Americas complain that people from the United States claim to be "Americans" when they (People from countries other than the US) live in America too. I have 6 different backgrounds, and many people living in the US have more. It's just a broad term used to say "I'm a citizen of the United States" so you don't have to say that you're an English American, Irish American, Scottish American, German American, Italian American, and Native American. Despite what some people believe, we don't get a big rush of pride and think to ourselves "It sure is great to own the North American continent and call ourselves Americans, unlike those backwards Canadians!" every time we describe ourselves as "American". It's just an term that's been used for over 100 years to describe United States citizens, so it's stuck.