Wacken Line Up This Year

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Lee Spellcast

W:O:A Metalhead
15 Jan. 2002
Website besuchen
What do you all think of the line-up this year?

Any highlights?
Any bands that shouldnt be given time of day?

It seems to be bands playing on repeat mode to me. I asked Holger if it was possible to have headliners play once every four years and other bands every five years, with 50% of the line-up being bands who have not played before.

To this he says that there is not enough metal bands,which is not the case!

The line up is very predictable in some ways, nobody would of guessed that bands such as Hypocriy, Children of Bodom and cannibal corpse would be playing this year. And there is always some band featuring Napalm Death members in there!

It seems that less and less cult bands play the "cult" festival these days, it must be more for pop kiddies who listen to their chart albums who go ;-)

Personally I think that cannibal corpse and Lock Up arent bands I want to see, both have played in the last three years and I dont feel the need to see them ever;-)

Funny how half the line up is made up with Metal Blade/Nuclear Blast/Century Media bands ;-)

Lee.

Samurai

9 März 2002
Unterfranken
Website besuchen
no I think Holger is right, there aren't really enough Metalbands to build a complete new lineup every year with bands that have been playing never before. And I think there are always bands you haven't seen before.

Neverhead

9 März 2002
Hel(l)mond, NL
Website besuchen
Originally posted by Lee Spellcast

It seems that less and less cult bands play the "cult" festival these days, it must be more for pop kiddies who listen to their chart albums who go ;-)

? pop kiddies? If there would be bands like Papa Roach, Limp Bizkit, Slipknot or anytyhing like that playing on Wacken I'd agree with you on the pop kiddies part.... but there aren't any bands like that playing so I'll have to disagree...

And seeing the line-up of this year, I wonder.... which bands are "cult" bands in your opinion?

Lord Horb

25 Nov. 2001
Letmathe-Sauerland (NRW)
Originally posted by Lee Spellcast
Personally I think that cannibal corpse and Lock Up arent bands I want to see, both have played in the last three years and I dont feel the need to see them ever;-)
Lock Up is one if the highlights this year! their show at WOA 2000 was one of the best ever!!!

other highlights to me are Necrophobic, Macabre, Green Carnation and Dying Fetus!!!

and I'll definitely go see Hypocrisy and Cannibal Corpse, too! just because those bands are really good and you can't see them often enough!

about the same line up every year... well, at least the WOA crew made the decision not to let any band play two years in a row! that's a first step to a more varied festival!

but after all, I must say that Wacken is the best festival I've ever been to! 3 years without any disapointments! and I'm sure this year is going to be the fourth year for me where I will not be disappointed! :)

PS: you won't believe it, but even Metal Blade/Nuclear Blast/Century Media have some good bands signed ;)

Lee Spellcast

15 Jan. 2002
Website besuchen
to Neverhead

cult bands this year to me are Sabbat and.....erm, well nobody else is really that cult.

Also another point, the candlemass show is label reuinion show even thought the band never split up and have been releasing albums that have been quite good before the change of line up. Holger said they are an underground band, but as it is, no time like the present for bands such as Candlemass, Nuclear Assualt and Exodus to cash in on their past success. I, mean Paul Baloff dies and Exodus announce live dates a month later.

to Lord Horb

yes, you have some good points to make, although I would not agree with Lock Up, because its not for me! I am looking forward to seeing Hypocrisy too as they are a good live band but the other bands dont excite me too much that i mentioned (Cannibal Corpse and Children of Bodom)

Necrophobic and Green carnation should also be good shows too!

Lee.

Evenfiel

4 Mai 2002
LP: Exodus was already planning a some farewell gigs with Baloff sometime before he died. Anyway, I dont give a flying fuck if Candlemass or Nuclear Assault are going to cash in on their past, I've never seen them live, as well as many people who are going to Wacken. I hope that more bands start to cash in on their past, that way I'll have a chance to see some of my favourite bands that stoped playing a long time ago...

Sodomy&Lust

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
Nice point of view, Evenfiel. I love Candlemass' "epicus doomicus metallicus", and I don't mind at all if they "cash in on their past", if they make a good gig, that'll be cool enough. Anyway, Candlemass have been releasing new albums until very few time ago.

I'd love a Coroner reunion, too, even if they do it only for money, but as they disbanded when I was too young....

Evenfiel

4 Mai 2002
Originally posted by Sodomy&Lust
Anyway, Candlemass have been releasing new albums until very few time ago.

Yeah...their last album was released in 1999, though I know some people who wanna go to Wacken specially to see the Candlemass reunion with Messiah Marcolin...