Traveling to Wacken

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

KillerRiffs

3 März 2002
Connecticut, USA
www.geomancer.cjb.net
Hallo! my friend and I will be attending Wacken coming from America, and I am wondering if anyone can offer any traveling suggestions. We will be flying into Frankfurt from England, and then we plan on visiting Bad-Wimpfen and some other places. And we found a bus - Die Bahn - that says it will take us from Frankfurt to Wacken, Zur Post. Does anyone know how close that is to the festival site, or does anyone have any better suggestions for traveling? it would be much appreciated!
tschus!
Pat

KillerRiffs

3 März 2002
Connecticut, USA
www.geomancer.cjb.net
well

We were planning on flying into Frankfurt around July 29th and visiting Bad Wimpfen and other areas first. We are definitely flying into Frankfurt. But, I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for getting from the Frankfurt area to Wacken.
pat

Metalsulm

W:O:A Metalmaster
12 Mai 2002
Südwesten
Website besuchen
Hi Pat(KillerRiffs),

I think you tried to contact me (got an E-Mail Notification but no mail)
I don´t understand why it didn´t work
Maybe You should try again or write into this Forum.

I´ll have a look tomorrow morning.

Good night from europe

KillerRiffs

3 März 2002
Connecticut, USA
www.geomancer.cjb.net
hmmmm

hmmm, I don't remember trying to contact you but...
I'm not exactaly sure when my friend and I will be in Bad Wimpfen. We're leaving our friends' boat in Scotland sometime around July 25-27. Then we will travel to London. And from there, fly to Frankfurt. So this could be sometime between July 28-30. We haven't sorted out the exact dates yet. And we don't really have any definite set plans yet. We just know we want to visit Bad Wimpfen because my friend's ancestors are from there. Maybe we can stop and give you a visit! hehehe! We plan on basically meandering around the southern part of Germany until July 30-31 when it's time to go to Wacken. Any tips/suggetstions?
tschus!
pat

xpet

W:O:A Metalhead
25 Jan. 2002
Hamburg
Hi Pat,
I think the most common way to get to Wacken is:
Take the train (from anywhere you might be) to Hamburg, from here to Itzehoe, and from there you can take a shuttle bus to Wacken festival. I dont know if Wacken village has a railway station, I guess not. But there are shuttle busses frequently.
And the thing you are talking about being a bus - "Die Bahn" - thats the German railway company. Only trains. ;) Check out thier website http://www.bahn.de/pv/uebersicht/die_bahn_international_guests.shtml for schedules and prices, you can simply use the search function.
Hope that helps an CYA in Wacken!!! :)

Metalsulm

W:O:A Metalmaster
12 Mai 2002
Südwesten
Website besuchen
Hi again,

Bad Wimfpen is a nice place to visit and when you´re on the way from Frankfurt to BW you shouldn´t miss Heidelberg and the Neckar-Valley between Heidelberg and Bad Wimpfen.

From Bad Wimpfen you could travel on to Stuttgart(or Mannheim,both are not far away from BW) and take the Metal-Train to Wacken (see Infos on this page).

I´m not sure when exactly i´ll travel to wacken because my i´ll start my summer-holidays one week earlier (think that will depend on the weather-conditions)

KillerRiffs

3 März 2002
Connecticut, USA
www.geomancer.cjb.net
um

Well, that helps a little. I went onto the Brock tours webpage, but I couldn't really understand it that much, so I emailed them for information. Isn't there a special shuttle but that goes from Itzehoe to Wacken? I have found the link here, but it only talks about last year's bus. Do you know if it's going to up this year? Because I could just take a train to Itzehoe and then take the Wacken special shuttle bus.
thanks for the help.
Pat

xpet

25 Jan. 2002
Hamburg
don´t worry, the shuttle buses are a tradition. Of course they will be there this year!!

TC 2000

13 Mai 2002
Netherlands
Website besuchen
what is it with everyone that they're afraid of weed? :?
if you smoke enough it feels like being very drunk only more controlled and without the hangover

too bad it's so expensive though
I don't do it that often anyway

btw....
is it legal to bring drugs to wacken?

xpet

25 Jan. 2002
Hamburg
Originally posted by TC 2000

btw....
is it legal to bring drugs to wacken?

I guess this discussion we had before... wait a minute, I´ll search for it :)
And of course it´s not legal, even if its possible and often not punished ;)