Some first-timer comments

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

mugabe

W:O:A Metalhead
7 Aug. 2002
Avesta, Sweden
www.kurtz.se
Was this year's festival as bad as a lot of people seem to be thinking? It was my first W:O:A, and about the only negative thing I can think of was the camping site toilets. Considering how disgusting they were, maybe it was a good thing there weren't more of them (hmmm).

Prices were generally very affordable (at least for Swedish people), the camping site was rather peaceful and not too crowded (our section, 'O', anyway), the guards kept a low profile, some decent bands, a lot of decent beer and nice people all around. There's not very much to do about the weather, and there will always be some people who will miss their favourite band due to schedule changes.

So, what source of irritation did I miss?

BTW, what was that air raid siren (not that Maiden dude) Saturday night signalling? The end of the festival? Or was I dreaming?

/mug

Sodomy&Lust

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
This has been my first Wacken, too, and except for the way to end the Haggard gig, I think it's been a fucking nice festival!!

About the prices, for a spanish student as me, I think they were too expensive, specially the beer (the most important thing in a metal festival, I think :) ), but nothing is perfect (except Mille Petrozza, of course :) )

jule

5 Aug. 2002
assistan
Website besuchen
did you read the comments in the guestbook? germans have to complain about everything ;)

i enjoyed the festival too i had a fucking great time and i'll definately be there next year again!! the people, the bands ... awsome! where else on this planet do you find such symatiska people??

ok... it just sucked that i couldn't find ANY toalet near campingground 'G'!! but we had a field right next to us.. so it wasn't such a real big problem ... if just the guys stopped staring at one while doing "nature".. :(

£ugnåsådh

25 Nov. 2001
Mainz
Website besuchen
"did you read the comments in the guestbook? germans have to complain about everything "

:(
that was not nice!
there was a couple of dudes in this forum being furios. ;)

surely there is a bunch of people being unfair with there comments, but 90% in the german forum are talking about the best party of the year again. still they talk about things which could be done better next year, like the toilet-situation for our female metalheads, right jule? ;)
like you said, you don´t wanna be starred at while doing the thing you have to do. i don´t like to watch females in situations like this. :o................:D but i can´t look away. :cool:

for me it´s mostly one thing i´m afraid of. the festival is getting bigger constantly every year. for me 30.000 people are just about enough. best thing of W.O.A was allways the cool atmosphere. the more people, the more idiots, understand. plus it´s too crowded.

i hope they really will do a limit for tickets next year. anybody who really wants to get there can get the ticket early enough to be sure to be there. got mine allready in january last time. ;)

also it was a big problem with the running order. it didn´t affect me this year, but if i would have missed opeth last year, i would have run amok.

these are all things that can be told to the wacken-crew in a normal way, and maybe they´ll be over to change something which helps to enjoy W.O.A even more. this actually important for them to know.

anyways, it was a blast again this year and i hope it´ll be again next year, since i´ll surely be there again. so get your tickets soon cause i wanna meet a lot of you none germans again. ;)

stay heavy
£ug

Thordis V.

W:O:A Metalgod
25 Nov. 2001
Linz und Bern
www.myspace.com
Well for me it was the second time and of course there were some problems for me personally. There was a security playing a voyeur at the girls shower camp next area B - I complained about it and asked for female securities at the shower camps next year.

Well and the food in the festival area was expensive, but I think it's a problem with the Euro itself. Yesterday I looked in Linz carefully for prices at such fast food restaurants, they aren't any better, but in Germany things generally got more expensive than in Austria. The beer, well at Austrian festivals they would shoot you if you want 3 € for 0,4 l ;)

I had some other troubles with shoes and tents under water, once I and NecroPhil fell into a ditch at area H (I wasn't drunk, he hardly and we both had torches but bad luck ;) ) - well all in all I've enjoyed this WOA very much and I, NecroPhil and his sister have already decided to go there also 2003. As soon as tickets are on sale, I'll order them.

Forget all those complainers who never get satiesfied, they just consider all things negative because of some problems. I bet most of them will come 2003 again.

mugabe

7 Aug. 2002
Avesta, Sweden
www.kurtz.se
Having female security guards searching female visitors was a nice touch, though (no bad pun intended). Never saw that at a festival before. As for beer prices, at the last Swedish festival I went to (Hultsfred), the beer was €3.60 for 0.3l.

/mug

Lordwalter

23 Apr. 2002
Buenos Aires, ARGENTINA
www.metal-daze.com
Well, well !

This was my first W:O:A too and I have anly words of admiration regarding the festival.

I can understand some critic because there won´t be any festival in the world in which we don´t have anything to criticize. We criticized in the past, we are criticizing now and we will criticize in the future!!!

In my opinion, we should do 2 things:
1) we should let the WOA-Crew know, which things didn´t go well, but please in a educated form, respecting all the points.
2) we should remember the glorius moments at Wacken this year. And I can remember a lot of this kind of moments!!!

So Rock On, listen to Heavy Metal music louder than before and buy your tickets for WOA 2003 as soon as possible!!!

See you there brothers & sisters!

Thordis V.

W:O:A Metalgod
25 Nov. 2001
Linz und Bern
www.myspace.com
no I don't think it's because of Austrian beer itself, but here in Austria they have respect to beer drinkers. hehe. you just get 0,5 l at a festival, if you sell 0,4 l drinkers would laugh... :D
But cheaper beer often means more expensive tickets, that's the other hand.

jule

5 Aug. 2002
assistan
Website besuchen
@£ugnåsådh

>> if i would have missed opeth last year, i would have run amok

i'd have helped you!!!

btw, in the woa-statement its said that they are thinking of installing LED-displays next year

@mug

>> www.pipinette.se

you swedes know what womans want ;)

nudey Fr Cat

9 Aug. 2002
London
Website besuchen
WACKEN!!!!!The only complaint I had was that it ended! I considered not going home but then everyone pointed out that the bands and people weren't comng back for a year the bastards! So I propose the Wacken lasted 365 days a year and i become employed as em... beer tester! rah! But it was a bit hard to get vegie food there...