Solo trips....

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.
Just wondering about something....
I'm coming from Canada, and by the looks of it, I'll be making the trip to Wacken solo.
Should I worry about anything? Everyone has been trying to scare me with horror stories about women getting messed with when they travel by themselves. I don't believe 90% of it,and I'm not overly worried, but it doesn't hurt to ask around :)
In short, is a young chick who doesn't know anyone or where she's going asking for trouble? Or is everything cool?
Thanks dudes

Brat

W:O:A Metalhead
26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
Everyone tells horror stories because they're jealous!

Speak to your government body who deals with tourism on some safety tips. The Aussie Dept of Immigration do this great pamphlet for women.

I really don't think you'll have any worries.

Firstly, probably the only time you'll be "alone" is on the plane.

Once you get off the plane, you're bound to see metalheads everywhere making their sacred pilgrimage. Ask to join them for safety reasons, a TRUE metal brother/sister will not say "no".

There are heaps of good travel books which prepare you. The main things they suggest are:

Make sure your luggage is lockable (you can get security netting for backpacks, too)

Keep your documents secure and make 2 photocopies of all documentation (one with you in a different bag to originals and second one at home with trusted friend/relative)

Join your local IH association. They also provide you with useful travel information.

Do as much research as possible on your destination to avoid being led astray.

And avoid situations like walking around alone at night which just asks for trouble.

Look, I'm sure 1,000s of women do it solo every year. All it takes is preparation, planning and common sense (like don't think that just because you're in another country, you shouldn't take the same precautions as you would at home).

I hope that eases your mind :)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

scareall

2 März 2002
scotland
Website besuchen
i think people tell horror storys because they worry, travelling alone for the first time is always a scary thing to do but as long as you are sensible while you travell and follow your common sense you will be fine, Brat is right ,you should be able to get information on women travellers try the German tourist board.
but there are a few things i suggest you do one is before you leave for wacken try and have a plan of travell use maps and find out about local transport,whatever you do dont hitch hike
its not worth the risk! also find out the location of your countrys Embassy and telephone number(i can assure you this is very important,when i went travelling on my own for the first time i ended up getting all my money and documents stolen)
also watch who you come in contact with just because someone looks like a metalhead doesnt mean they are safe (wacken should be fine though:),watch what you drink and who you take drinks from, there has been a problem in britain with girls being drugged with "date rape"drugs
dont know if there is that problem in other countrys, these things are very unlikley to happen but as i found out it doesnt hurt to plan for a problem that may arrise,so i hope you have a great time at wacken.

Lord Horb

25 Nov. 2001
Letmathe-Sauerland (NRW)
Originally posted by Brat
And avoid situations like walking around alone at night which just asks for trouble.
yeah, you should definitely do this! even if us metalheads is one big friendly family, especially at festivals like Wacken, there's always fucking assholes amongst us! I heard very few cases where girls got (almost) raped in Wacken... so stay at the brighter spots at night and don't go into the completely dark ones!
then you will be very safe :)

oh, and by the way, RESPECT for coming here on your own! that really rules! and you won't regret it! :D

Lord Horb

25 Nov. 2001
Letmathe-Sauerland (NRW)
I know, we're just too nice :D

but if you get kicked in the face by a crowd surfer / stage diver not even the nicest people can safe your glasses (trust me I have experienced it ;))

Lord Horb

25 Nov. 2001
Letmathe-Sauerland (NRW)
oh I actually found them and could safe one glass... well I didn't, but a skinhead did... mm yeah good old times... moshpit with skins and punks...

oh, just to let you know: no, I am not talking about Nazi Skins! I am talking about the Oi Skins, who hate Nazis just like metalheads do! I mean those skins who are politically absoluetly "clean"!

Thanks!

Thanks alot guys, you all made me feel a lot better about this :)
I figured as long as I use common sense, and keep my guard up, everything will be cool. Besides, Wacken seems like it's gonna be worth just about any BS someone could throw at me, I can't wait for this!!!!
The biggest thing I was worried about was the possiblity of rape...it's really the only thing that worries me. I've seen some shit happen at other festivals I've been too, but I imagine everything will be cool :)
Thanks for the tips, I really appreciate it.
See ya all there!

kanninne

25 Jan. 2002
Malaysia
Website besuchen
@cemeteryslut : i come from malaysia....i arrive too at frankfurt but at 28th, most propably....the date i cannot confirm...there maybe changes...

my icq number is 41543227
we will discuss on it