Security?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

voice_of_hell

21 Feb. 2002
England
Website besuchen
Hi,
Sorry this has probably been asked before, but what is it like on the camping site at Wacken, do a lot of people get their stuff taken? are there a lot of police around? Also what are the showers and toilets like? We are coming from England for the firat time, so any info you can give me would be very helpful. Cheers.

Karsten

W:O:A Metalgod
The camping site ok, sometimes grass, somtimes just dust or mud( belongs to the weather:) ), filled with filled up people:D.
Sometimes there is some Police, but normaly only on the main ways. They are very relaxed and friendly and some times even metal- fans themselves. ( Anybody correct me, if I´m wrong. )
The showers are okay but full in the main using times.
The toiletts, hmm don´t expect the Ritz. They are ( carefully said ) an adventure.
Welcome to Wacken. I´m sure you will have lots of fun.

voice_of_hell

21 Feb. 2002
England
Website besuchen
The main thing I'm worried about camping is that i plan to buy loads of cd's etc. and want to know if they'll be safe. I heard you pay for the "good" toilets is this true? what about flags? will anyone object to a large England flag?

Brat

W:O:A Metalhead
26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
Grass or no grass, if there's ANY sign of rain, I'm bringing gumboots! Not attractive-I know, but at least I'll be partially dry :D

Voice of hell
If you're taking a backpack and want to be doubly safe, there is a metal security netting made by a company called PacSafe. You'll probably find it in any good camping/mountaineering store. It's about AUS$110 here for the large, so you'll probably get it for around 35 pounds. And if you secure it to your tent post, potential thieves will have to consider taking the lot.

As for the flag, it sounds like everyone plans on bringing a flag so they can locate their camp sites, Australians included.

I suppose it will narrow down possible camp sites...say 1 out 150 displaying an English/German/Swedish flag instead of 1 out of 10,000 unmarked camp sites :p hahhahaha

xpet

25 Jan. 2002
Hamburg
hehe, but don´t forget that those who didt mark their own tent can get orientation by the flags of the others! :D
And don´t believe what Ingo says - there is always green grass when you arrive at Wacken and its gone when you leave :D

voice_of_hell

21 Feb. 2002
England
Website besuchen
thanks for your help, I think we'll customise our flag so we know its ours we have a grind band called "the back street abortionists" we're gonna write that on our flag, lol. Anyway see you all at Wacken!

Brat

26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
Originally posted by xpet
hehe, but don´t forget that those who didt mark their own tent can get orientation by the flags of the others! :D
And don´t believe what Ingo says - there is always green grass when you arrive at Wacken and its gone when you leave :D

hahahah probably killed by all the spilt alcohol! hahahhha