places to stay after the festival

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

bronson

21 Jan. 2004
Canada
Website besuchen
Hi, we have our tickets to Wacken (will be flying from Canada) and were planning on staying in Copenhagen following the show for a week or so. Does anybody know of any cheap hotels in or near the city center? Also, to anybody who has been or lives there, how is the nightlife, and are the things I hear about Christiana true?

Sodomy&Lust

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
On Sunday after Wacken you can go to the Wacken-party in Headbangers Ballroom (Hamburg) and staying there the whole night without paying any hotel. I did it last year and I'll probably do it again :)

That's all I can say, I'm not from Hamburg. :)

LXE

W:O:A Metalhead
17 Juni 2003
Mpls. MN USA
LXE.US
I walked into christiana and at the first corner I came to I saw a few little stands selling brownies but when I got closer it was actually massive chunks of hash. Yup! It's a pretty cool little place! You can buy a pre rolled spliff or whatever and just hangout. I would recommend bringing your own munchies though because the snack bar grub is NASTY.
I stayed in a decent hotel with a dorm in the town center but I can't remember the name. If I think of it I'll let you know.

LXE

17 Juni 2003
Mpls. MN USA
LXE.US
it's in central Copenhagen. It's about 2 square blocks that I think was an abandoned military post or something that has been declared a "free state" by squatters and the cops don't bother with it at all. It's beautiful :D

Zombi

W:O:A Metalmaster
10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
Originally posted by LXE
it's in central Copenhagen. It's about 2 square blocks that I think was an abandoned military post or something that has been declared a "free state" by squatters and the cops don't bother with it at all. It's beautiful :D

...AND I ONLY FIND OUT ABOUT THIS NOW????? NOOOO!!!!!!!!

LXE

17 Juni 2003
Mpls. MN USA
LXE.US
It's really crazy. But all big cities ought to have a place like it :D [/B][/QUOTE]
Amen! I think I'll declare my house a free state. (Probebly won't work around here though....too many bored cops)

konstrukt

13 Dez. 2002
USA
Originally posted by LXE

Its more than 2 blocks. 2 blocks is just the touristy area.

The full story is that after the Danish army vacated this place (about 5 minute walk from downtown Copenhagen), the government debated what to do with the place.

Then the hippies came. THey established a "Free state of Christiania" and have lived there despite many attempts by the Danish government to remove them. In 1971, they cut off all water to Chrisiania for a year, but hippies don't shower so they never noticed.

Today there is much debate whether the site should remain, mainly because they pay no taxes, while the rest of Denmark has one of the highest tax burdens in the world.

If you're there, walk around the quiet areas of Christiania, its much nier than the crappy touristy parts.