luggage safety

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

szandekh

16 Apr. 2002
Dacula, GA, USA
www.geocities.com
hey.

some people, like us, are coming to wacken with a bunch of luggage, clothes, and all that shit, and we don't feel safe about leaving everything we have in a tent while we are at the festival. is there any special place where we can safely stow our luggage? otherwise we will have to leave them like halfway across the country. this is a burning issue and we are all like 'goddammit' and stuff. what should we do?

VimFuego

W:O:A Metalhead
22 Jan. 2002
Toronto, Canada
vimfuego.freeservers.com
i don't remember seeing anything...and i just checked the program guide from last year and it doesn't mention anything.
if you don't have a car to leave things in, i think you're out of luck.

check the Q&A forum though....someone asked this earlier and maybe the organizeras will have an answer.

Brat

26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
Larger train stations have lockers and/or left luggage facilities at a cost

otherwise get a Pacsafe backpack security netting which protects your backpack from 'handy' people. They also make them to fit suitcases and sports bags now.

DARKNESS

25 Mai 2002
heaven
wetcircle.com
I have never heard of anyone I know having money stolen, and there is many of us who travel and obviously split up to go to metal market, food stalls etc

You can never be too careful though, keep your money in different places just incase someone does take the chance of stealing from you, however unlikely it may be. I do understand your concerns.

Perhaps it would be worthwhile leaving some items of clothing and money in the lockers at Itzehoe train station, which is where you can get the shuttle bus to Wacken from.

Hope this helps all!

darkness it shall be......

Onkel Pikk

22 Apr. 2002
Tartu, Estonia
pikk.pri.ee
Yes, we are coming by cars. But also a car can never be 100% safe place to store your things. Well, i ask these things because i've never been to any big festivals in Western Europe. I've been to Switzerland once and that's it. I just don't know how things are. But i hope, there won't be any problems :)

Suwarin

W:O:A Metalmaster
26 Nov. 2001
(ehem.Ruhrpott) Düsseldorf
Originally posted by Onkel Pikk
How about pocket thieves in Wacken? Are they good at?
Well I don't know about any pocket thieves... anyway what are they supposed to steal ..beer cans?cigarettes?..
Personally I think the car is a safe place.. never heard that anybody broke into a car...
I think the bigger problem is loosing something...
Don't worry that much ...
Wacken isn't a big city like Frankfurt or Hamburg and mostly just Metalheads show up to have a party so basically nothing to worry about except the usuall everyday precautions you take at home (like locking the car up before you leave)

xpet

25 Jan. 2002
Hamburg
Originally posted by Onkel Pikk
Yes, we are coming by cars. But also a car can never be 100% safe place to store your things.

yeah, Suwarin is right :)
I´ve been 5 times to Wacken and always considered my car as safe enough :) I´ve never noticed some attempts to steal things out of anybodys car...
Put the valuable things in the glove locker, lock that and it should be really safe enough.

Lord Horb

25 Nov. 2001
Letmathe-Sauerland (NRW)
I accidentally left my car unlocked for almost two days last year... with the camera, all our CDs, money, and just everything in there... and nobody even touched my car :)