is wacken flooded?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Shukri

12 Aug. 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
www.cauterized.com
I just heard on the news that the flooding has spread to the Hamburg region. I was wondering - did Wacken got hit too?

It's sad when anybody gets hit by a disaster like this, but of course in this case we've been to the area ourselves, so we do feel that bit extra for it. I remember looking at the houses around the festival area and thinking what a sharp contrast their ideallic tranquillity is compared to the muddy mess that was WOA 2002.
It would be terrible if the whole area ended up under water ....

Kate McGee

W:O:A Metalgod
13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
Actually, Wacken can't be flooded right now, as only the areas around the rivers Elbe and Mulde are flooded. If you look at a map, Wacken is still quite far away from the Elbe/Hamburg etc. There is no big river near Wacken.
But it's bad enough that the other regions are flooded (you can even see this on satellite pictures), I guess.
If you look at this desaster, I think we are really quite lucky that Wacken is located at the place where it is, without an important river. While we were having party in the mud of Wacken, there was another flooding in Hamburg just because of the rain. They were kind of drowning, we were just dirty.