Is the recording-business dying ?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Metal Pede

W:O:A Metalhead
29 Nov. 2001
Denmark
Hello all Wacken-maniacs :)

If you got the time I suggest you take a look at the following links:

http://www.covenworldwide.org/King2002-page1.htm
http://www.covenworldwide.org/King2002-page2.htm
http://www.covenworldwide.org/King2002-page3.htm
http://www.covenworldwide.org/king2002page4.htm
http://www.covenworldwide.org/king2002page5.htm

Here King Diamond himself, a man with over 20 years of expierience, explains how the music-industry is suffering BIG time at the moment, forcing record companies to cancel contracts with smaller bands and cutting budgets for the bigger ones two...

This is very interresting and at the same time very sad and scary reading...

P.S. Only elleven days to lift-off !!!

Sodomy&Lust

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
It's sad, but who can help downloading some songs for free now and then? I spend a big percentage of my income (which is not too much, I don't have a job, I only study) in music, but I need more!!!

And concerning those links.....wise guy Mr. King Diamond!!!

WildCat

6 Dez. 2001
59269 Beckum
Especially :
Buy CDs from Small Bands, not that Manowar or Metallica-Shit :D
Manowar can live without getting into the Charts ;) They are rich enought. They would still sell enough to keep their contracts...

Metal Pede

29 Nov. 2001
Denmark
@ WildCat

People just has to realize that if they don't support the bands, buying their records instead of downloading them, the bands can't survive no matter if they are big or small .

And we have only ourselfes to blame when our scene get's smaller and smaller and maybee end up dying...

So if you're a REAL fan of Metal-music support the scene buying the CD's instead of stealing them...

Lee Spellcast

15 Jan. 2002
Website besuchen
Dont just buy!!

Start up a label, encourage bands to release cds, give people hope...

...saying you buy cds means nothing, you only count for one cd of all those bands you buy!!!

Keep the scene alive!

Lee.

gandalf

25 Juli 2002
Nijmegen
Website besuchen

Hi guys,

It's true that people who only download mp3 or stuff like that fuck up the music buisness. On the other hand it's like this; when i do not know if an album is really great and i can't listen to it in the shop then mp3's are a great way to decide wether to buy a record or not. It saves you from buying a crappy album with just one or two good songs on it. When i like the mp3's i buy the CD and if i don't like it i simply delete the shit from my harddisk to simply save precious space. This way mp3's help the music buisness instead of destroying it. There's a good and a bad side to everything.

Have fun next week on the wacken playground WOEHOE!

grtz

Metal Pede

29 Nov. 2001
Denmark
Downloading mp3's is a great way testing new bands. The problem is the fuckers who think the downloaded songs are great and keep them instead of buying the album(s). I personally think the major problem is, that the CD prices are way to high.

People are more tended to steal music because of these high prices. If the CD's were cheaper I think people would prefer to buy the full albums in CD quality incl. album-cover, lyrics etc.

I agree with you. It would make a big difference when the industry drop the prices a bit. CD's from smaller labels are cheaper then the ones released by bigger labels many times. The whole mp3 thing is way too big to be stopped. Do you think the introduction of the Euro has something to do with the expensive CD-prices? Looking forward to your answer

Metal Pede

29 Nov. 2001
Denmark
@ CowboyFromHell

No, I don't think the euro has anything to do with it. as far as I see it the problem goes way back to the time, where the CD's took over the market. The CD prices were high already from the beginning, meaning big profit for the record-industry.

Back then (in the beginning of the nineties) people didn't have the opportunity to download mp3's, which ment they just HAD to buy the albums. Today the situation has completely changed, and therefore the record-industry suffer big to today.

The bad thing about this is their cut-down i budgets for their bands meaning fewer bands with deals. The small, not-so-famous bands have a really hard time getting deals. And if the new bands don't get deals the underground dosen't have a chance killing the scene in the future........

Just my humble opinion.....

Perhaps it's a good that just small numbers of bands are signed. This way you prevent that too much bands get signed. It raises a high standard so only the best will survive and that keeps the market fresh. I'm waiting for the total colapse of the new-metalthing, just like the trashmetalhype in the late 80's and the deathmetal around 1994/1995..

Metal Pede

29 Nov. 2001
Denmark
@ CowboyFromHell

I agree with to a certain point...BUT...if you not already have, please check the links in my very first post at this thread.

Even bands like KING DIAMOND and MERCYFUL FATE, which i think is high-quality Metal-acts, have some SERIOUS problems at the moment due to this problem. King himself says, that he's not sure whether there will be more than one more King Diamond album, before their throw the towels in the ring...

And that's SAD, when well-known quality bands has to stop because of that...

That's true, but that's one those sad things in the industry. It helpes when you have connections I guess..I'm hosting my own radioprogram at a local radiostation and I do interviews with metalbands now and then. If I would start a band and it's really good then at least I have some connections. The metal community is a small world..at least in the Netherlands it is..But it's almost impossible to make a decent living making metal music which is too bad.