I'M FROM CANADA AND I'M GOING TO WACKEN 2006!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

ironmaiden54

5 Juni 2006
Hi, I'm 16 years old, I can't speak German and I'm from Canada. I am working all summer at a fulltime job so that I can afford to go to germany to Wacken!!! If anyone can help me out with things i should know (how to get there, how it works, ect) please tell me! thanks alot

mugabe

W:O:A Metalhead
7 Aug. 2002
Avesta, Sweden
www.kurtz.se
I assume you've checked out the "THE (semi) DEFINITIVE GUIDE TO GETTING TO WACKEN" thread at the top. Otherwise, do that, and take it from there. People here are generally very friendly, although the limeys tend to be a tad on the chatty side. Just ignore them.

Regrin

29 Jan. 2006
Mexiko, Stadt
16 years old?!?! geez!

It´s cool that young people gets more interested about metal more and more......it makes me realise that I am getting older...... :confused: :confused: :p

Warthog

W:O:A Metalmaster
29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Be warned that a lot of people in Germany will sing "Blame Canada" to you and expect you to think it's funny. Just nod and smile and the free bier will keep flowing. :D

Good luck though! I first thought about going to Wacken when I was 17... it didn't happen until I was 22. But I've been there four times since. :)

ironmaiden54

5 Juni 2006
Thanks alot for the tip man! My friend will be coming with me who is 18. I know it will be alot of fun and I hope we dont get lost getting there hahah. :D

ironmaiden54

5 Juni 2006
ok just a few questions for anyone who knows the answers.

#1 what is the cheapest airline to travel on , because every website I try is 1000$+.

#2 the full metal bag says you get free food. so can I buy the full metal bag right at wacken itself, or do you have to reserve or does it run out....also, does that mean I don't have to worry about food when I go there?

#3 I'm in Canada, how do I get a ticket for WOA???I doubt they are going to ship it overseas from metaltix.com

thanks for your answers!!!

Sodomy&Lust

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
ironmaiden54 schrieb:
#3 I'm in Canada, how do I get a ticket for WOA???I doubt they are going to ship it overseas from metaltix.com

I don't think that should be a problem. I ordered them from Spain some years ago and I received them within few days. The difference with Canada is just that it may take a few days longer and the shipping costs should be a bit higher.

Just take a look at the website, it should be explained there

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
ironmaiden54 schrieb:
ok just a few questions for anyone who knows the answers.

#1 what is the cheapest airline to travel on , because every website I try is 1000$+.

#2 the full metal bag says you get free food. so can I buy the full metal bag right at wacken itself, or do you have to reserve or does it run out....also, does that mean I don't have to worry about food when I go there?

thanks for your answers!!!
If you changed your dates of travel a bit?

I flew from AMS to Toronto for 450€ in November, but I reckon you're going on the "wrong" period. (summertime, vacation etc.)

Huldran

W:O:A Metalhead
29 Jan. 2006
Under the sign of the Octagon
I guess, Quark is absolutely right about the "wrong period". :mad:

And Germania Express doesn't offer flights to the "other side of the pond", unfortunately.... only within Europe :( [just checked their website]. THAT might of been a cheap option alright.