How do you say Metalheads in your country?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Hellebore

26 Apr. 2005
Sam Przyborowski schrieb:
In England. 'Goffs'. Yes, you don't have to lsiten to Goth music to be a 'Goff'. Just ahve long hair and wear a bit of black.

lol yes so true... though the english folk seem to be pretty retarded so anything along the lines of

Emo
Greebo
Goff

pretty much count as Metalhead.

Hellebore

26 Apr. 2005
Carpathian_Wolf schrieb:
And who the fuck do you think you are calling me retarded seeing as i am from uk? :p :mad:

lol it's a fucking generalisation, not directed specifically at everyone, or anyone.. if you go out into english streets, and see all the kids-trying-to-be-hard and not see a hint of retardedness there... then well, i guess that says it all.

Carpathian_Wolf schrieb:
And mr know it Ive never heard the expression greebo being used before and emo faggots certainly dont count as being a metalhead so i have no idea what the fuck you are on about :D

just because you havent heard it doesnt mean it doesnt exist right? And if you even read what i quoted then you'd understand what i was on about with both the 'retardedness' and 'emo' comments... you wear anything remotly black, or have black hair or anything like that then you'll get called all sorts of things *except* what you really are...
therefore i was contributing to what exactly english people like to class as 'metalheads'

now do you have an idea of what the fuck i'm going on about? :p

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Lucretia schrieb:
anything more to add or verify? Wanna have a complete and correct list finally :D
Dynamo-hangers. That's what we called ourselves when the (famous) Dynamo cafe was open. For the moment it's being replaced, but the city coucil of of Eindhoven hasn't got a clue of where to put it. BTW. the Dynamo Open Air festival comes from this same cafe in Eindhoven. (and Eindhoven finally got rid of them, but right now they regret it soooooo much)

Lucretia

W:O:A Metalmaster
10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
UPDATED LIST:

Albania: Metalist
Argentina: Metaleros
Austria: Metler, Metal(l)er
Belgium: hard-rockeurs, Metal Heads, Hardrockers, Metallers
Brazil: Metaleiros
Bulgaria: Metali, Metalisti
Canada: Bangers, Metalleux / Metalleuse, (Dirties), (Pwel/Pouèle - only used in Quebec city)
Chile: Metaleros, Chascónes, Murciélagos
China: JinShuYueMi
Croatia: Metalci
Czech: Metalisti, Metly
Denmark: Rockers, Hammerheads, (direct translation: Metal-Hoved, but barely used)
England: Metalheads, Greebos, (Goffs - rather referring to Goths)
Estonia: Metallifännid
Finland: Metallisti, Hevari, Metallipää (?)
France: Métalleurs, Métalleux / Metalleuse, (Hardrockers)
Germany: Metal(l)er, Heavies
Greece: Metallades
Hungary: Metalosok, Rockerek
Iceland: Metalhaus, Rokkari
Israel: Metalistim
Italy: Metallari
India: Metalheads, Metchulhead
Klingon: baSnach
Lithuania: Metalistai
Luxembourg: Metal(l)er
Mexico: Metaleros
Netherlands: Hardrockers, Hardsnokkers, Metaal Hoofden
New Zealand: Metallers, Munters, Slammers, (Bogans)
Norway: Hardrocker, Metalhuer, (direct translation: Metalhode, but barely used)
Portugal: Metaleiros
Puerto Rico: Metallicos
Romania: Metalisti / Metalishti
Russia: Metalisti, Metalyuga
Slovenia: Metalci
Spain: Metaleros, Jevos, Heavies
Sweden: Hårdrockare, (direct translation: Metallare, but barely used)
Tunisia: Hredsa
Turkey: Metalci
Ukraine: Metalist
USA: Metalheads, Headbangers
Serbia & Montenegro: Metalci

some languages still missing... :cool:

Undomiel

27 Dez. 2001
Hamburg
MetalHODE in Norwegen???? :D :D :D

muah....

Dithmarscher Platt wäre "Roggers" ;)

Ich such grad japanisch und ungarisch, warte auf Antwort...;)

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
ths icelandic one isn´t much better :D "Metalhaus" :D

Hungarian seems to be correct, and from Japanese ppl I got only "Metalheads / Headbangers" so far - but I´m sure there is something more Japanese, thanks for looking! :)

Undomiel

27 Dez. 2001
Hamburg
Oooh, fuck, i searched in the list for UNGARN and not for Hungarian :D *stupid me* :D

Well, I hope I´ll get an answer...too bad there ain´t japanese bands at the HOA, we could ask them...;)

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
yeah, obviously... you are in the english forum here :D

Dunno, I guess I read something about a band from Japan at HOA... or at least any other rather "exotic" country... we´ll see :)