Heavy Metal from South America

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Lordwalter

W:O:A Metalhead
23 Apr. 2002
Buenos Aires, ARGENTINA
www.metal-daze.com
Yes, as far as I know all the Bands you mentioned are Brazilian. If you add ANGRA to them you have five good Brazilian Groups.
But, what about the Argentinian ones? What about the Chilean ones? And all the other?

I hope to get as many names as possible from your side!!

See you!

Lordwalter

23 Apr. 2002
Buenos Aires, ARGENTINA
www.metal-daze.com
Dear anthares!

Thanks for this Site-Address. Be sure I will check it out later.
I´m coming from Bs. As., argentina so I know a lot about South american Bands. I just wondered how much you, people in Europe, know about them.

But thanks a lot for your answer!

Supercharger

W:O:A Metalmaster
26 Juli 2002
Deventer, the Netherlands
Website besuchen
Bands from south america,

Don't know any band from Argentina but there was a band from Chili at WOA this year namely Criminal. It's a death/trashband and their performance was really good. Most other bands I know are from Brasil like Sepultura, Angra, Krisiun and a few others

Rosk

30 Mai 2002
Monterrey, Mexico
If you care for good mexican bads.. here's a short list:

The Chasm (godly death metal!!)
Dies Irae (death-prog metal... with some Gothemburg influence)
Ira (traditional metal)
Belzabet (symphonic black metal, and friends of mine :D)
Ravager (death metal, signed to Osmose Records)
Aglarond (melodic doom metal .... :D, some of you will know why there's a smiling face here ;))

And there's a lot stuff... like lots of gore/grind bands around here.... let me know if you want more info....

Rosk

30 Mai 2002
Monterrey, Mexico
You're very, very right, his name is the mighty Daniel Corchado, he was also in a killer band called Cenotaph before.... their albums were godly too..... As you can see... I'm a fan :D :D

Sodomy&Lust

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
I know Rata Blanca , from Argentina. Their album "Magos, espadas y rosas" is fucking great!!

I saw a little bit of a gig by Beto Vázquez Infinity (from Argentina), and they sounded ok, but they're not my cup of tea...

I also know Sha-man , from Brazil, and with some Angra ex-members. Not my cup of tea, but the drummer is awesome!!

And about Criminal , I don't know if it can be said that they're from Chile, because two members moved to England and recruited some English musicians (at least one of them was in Cradle of filth, I think)

It's not true metal, but A.N.I.M.A.L. from Argentina are cool, too.

That's all I know (apart from some of the bands mentioned before)

And Aglarond rule!!!

Wackianne

29 Nov. 2001
Nijmegen
beam.to
Well, I´ve mostly just heard names/ read of Argentinian metalbands such as Rata Blanca (sounded good what I got to listen to), Vampiria, Damnation (-> interesting)...
Does anyone know Khafra from Mexico?