Forum Band is desperately looking for a guitarist!!!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Kate McGee

W:O:A Metalgod
13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
The forum band Victims of Madness are in need of a good guitarist!

One of our guitarists cannot play the gig at WOA due to a surgery.

Now we're looking for somebody who can play some of the songs from our playlist: www.victims-of-madness.de/woa2005.html
the blank spots are the songs that YOU could play!

Email to METi: meti@victims-of-madness.de
Please decide NOW as we don't have much time left.

Greetz,

Victims of Madness

My Selene

W:O:A Metalhead
5 Feb. 2005
It's just about one month left! Do you just copy the songs as they are, or make it sound different? Well iv'e only played for two years so you probably dont want me anyway but I could practice a few songs ;)

Kate McGee

13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
My Selene schrieb:
It's just about one month left! Do you just copy the songs as they are, or make it sound different? Well iv'e only played for two years so you probably dont want me anyway but I could practice a few songs ;)
go and ask METi ;)

well we simply try to "copy" the songs.....you know, the problem is that the band is from places all over Germany (or the world ;)) and so we never have a chance for a rehearsal.......there is only one try to get it just about right - and that try is directly on the stage at Wacken ;) so we can't really make them sound totally different because it just wouldn't work without practising it together...except that HBFL is sung by a female singer...but who cares.

so if you...
-think you can play some songs from the setlist
-think one month is enough for practising
-can bring your guitar to Wacken (or somebody else can bring a guitar for you - as long as you are sure that you can play on a guitar other than your own)
-accept the risk of somebody doing something wrong (shit happens)
-are sure that you can REALLY play those songs WELL (be prepared to playing worse on stage than when you're practising at home, so you should really be able to PLAY those songs just about correctly when you're at home)
-have a feeling for rhythm
-think you can play songs with some weird guys you have never seen before
...then write an email to METi.
NOW!

My Selene

5 Feb. 2005
Hmm, one month should be ok for me. I know holy diver pretty well and I could learn it "better". But I will miss Dark Funeral then :( I'll pracitce some songs in a week or so and then ill mail METi and if he hasnt found a guitarrist by then, I could even practice harder and yes...

Kate McGee

13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
My Selene schrieb:
Hmm, one month should be ok for me. I know holy diver pretty well and I could learn it "better". But I will miss Dark Funeral then :( I'll pracitce some songs in a week or so and then ill mail METi and if he hasnt found a guitarrist by then, I could even practice harder and yes...
the problem is that we actually wanted the band to be complete by Sunday or so...which sounds quite difficult :D

we've put threads like this one in several other forums and we're hoping that we'll find one...

why don't you write an email to METi right now and tell him what you think about it? you'd have to agree on which songs you think you could play anyway ;)

.......where are you from?

My Selene

5 Feb. 2005
yeah I can mail him. If you don't find another guy, ill join.
Just a question, who is METi and how do I mail him/her?
I'm from Stockholm, Sweden.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Kate McGee

13 Aug. 2002
Kronach

My Selene

5 Feb. 2005
I thought it was him, but couldnt be sure. I'll mailing him now, as I'm practising the "holy diver" solo

Zombi

W:O:A Metalmaster
10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
now I've been playing guitar for about 8 years...and I love being on stage....but I still won't play one of those songs.... they're just shit... sorry...

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

monochrom

W:O:A Metalmaster
15 Aug. 2002
Hamburg
Website besuchen
Zombi schrieb:
now I've been playing guitar for about 8 years...and I love being on stage....but I still won't play one of those songs.... they're just shit... sorry...

Pity. I hoped you and mugabe would take the chance to get into the Band, then play really interesting stuff on stage. I mean, Mayhem-riffs somehow fit into every song.

My Selene

5 Feb. 2005
METgod666 schrieb:
Hi di ho :)

Just recieved your mail.

If you really think that you can play the songs pretty good on stage, youre in the band.

Well if there is no other who wants or can. I'll start practising and do my best.