Dornenreich?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Blackwizard69

W:O:A Metalhead
22 Juli 2002
Roma
Website besuchen
Guys,

this is one of the BEST bands I've heard in a long time, very very original stuff. They sound sort of black metal (especially the earlier stuff) but with lots of cool keyboards, great melodies, etc. The music might sound disturbing, but it's actually extremely thought out and intense, rather than disturbing. They're from Austria and they only sing in Austrian (which is cool but it's also too bad for me 'cause I can't speak a word...and I've read that the lirics are great). By the way, they rule live (I saw them last year with Marduk). You guys have GOT to check them out, I mean if you're at the WOA all you have to do is show up at their stage. They play on Friday at sometime around 12 lunchtime. If you wanna check out their material I suggest you get a hold of their second album (they have 3 out), which was on an Austrian label called CCP (I think). Their latest album is also very good, but the second one is the best. Now they're with Prophecy Productions (same label as Empirium).

See you there!

Necrocunt

Lee is absolutely right, Dornenreich is complete bullshit, one of the bands that makes me puke when i just think about them. And believe me, their lyrics are stupid peudo-intelligent goth-lyrics, really nice to have a biiiiiiiiig laughter...
and calling this band a "black metal band" is the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard, they are connected to this artform as close as britney spears, nothing in common with artists like darkthrone or emperor with whom they're always compared in reviews and stuff...

Blackwizard69

22 Juli 2002
Roma
Website besuchen
Ok, let's just say that I think they're great and that you and Lee think they suck, how about that?

I agree that comparing Dornenreich to Dark Throne or Emperor is ridiculous, however I said they sound "sort of" black metal, plus their earlier stuff was much more black metal-influenced than their new stuff.

I have no clue of what their lirics are about.

By the way, it's funny that you think that they suck, because Lee says that D. are gay goth shit for Marilyn Manson fans only, and in your profile it turns out that you're a big Marilyn Manson fan yourself! Guys, make up your minds.

Lee Spellcast

15 Jan. 2002
Website besuchen
@ Necrocunt

I was talking about their methods of musical expression and philosophy rather than the music, but I know a lot of goths who think Dornenreich are great!

btw, did you get our mail?

Lee.

Blackwizard69

22 Juli 2002
Roma
Website besuchen
Necrocunt, looks like I've ruined your reputation within the community! Just kidding!!

Maybe Lee can explain to us all the difference betweeen "methods of musical expression" (?!?!?) and, well, simply "music"?

scareall

2 März 2002
scotland
Website besuchen
Lee says that the musical expression is more than just the actual music, it consists of the lyrics, image, performance etc of a band.

It is this concept that reminded Lee of Marlyn Manson and the trendy gothic movement we have in Scotland (not speaking of the traditional gothic scene) in Particular, as both have a very theartical ethos in their music, even if they do not sound similar.