Camping near Festival?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

dfblaze

5 Juni 2012
Guatemala
Hi guys, I have a question. This is going to be my first WOA Festival (I hope not my last), and I want to camp by the festival.

I read that if you grab a Ready to Rock tent (which seems, to me, rather expensive) you would be at camp site B, close to the Festival itself. Is it possible for me to bring my own tent and camp at a place close to the Festival?

I saw the camp sites on the page but they're too far away.

Thanks!

Bob Kelso

W:O:A Metalhead
25 Mai 2009
Kiel
Is it possible for me to bring my own tent and camp at a place close to the Festival?
Yes, this is possible. There are a few camp sites which are pretty close to the stages. When you arrive without a car you should camp on the sites A or B. Both are very close to the stages and especially for people without cars. They are open for everyone without a car and not only for people which use the "rent your tent" service.

dfblaze

5 Juni 2012
Guatemala
Alright, thank you very much. I'm going from very far away so I don't want to risk anything :p Thanks for your answer.

Love your username, by the way.

PopoMetal

W:O:A Metalhead
8 Juni 2009
Alright, thank you very much. I'm going from very far away so I don't want to risk anything :p

I like camping on A. Was coming by car before but changed that and now travel by train for the last 3 years. It is so much better. No cars means no generators and ppl. playing silly pop music at 6 in the morning. But the stages are so near that you still hear some bands especially party stage when you are at the tent. Gives a nice atmosphere. And of course it is a very short walk to the stages. Also there's lots of international ppl. around that are not coming by car.

I read that if you grab a Ready to Rock tent (which seems, to me, rather expensive)
If you thought about that it might be a better option to buy a tent in wacken town.

I usually arrive on monday. I pack light and get some other stuff I need in wackentown on tuesday. Means beer and stuff at Edeka supermarket and camping equipment at the local pharmacy. We usually buy a pavillion tent there to sit under when its raining. A chair and tent I bring myself but you could also buy it there if you can't manage to bring one.
If you arrive before Wednesday it will be surely possible to get a tent. Chances are that they could theoretically be sold out when you arrive thursday or later. But worst case I think you could still buy one of the wacken merch tents on site but they are more expensive and worse than the ones you can get in town.