Blind Guardian show in Madrid!!!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Sodomy&Lust

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
For those Blind Guardian fanatics I must say that B. G. are still a fucking killer band!!!

Mr. Kürsch still has a great voice, and Mr. Stauch is still a fucking rude drummer!! I would have enjoyed the gig a little bit more if they had never released the last two albums (I don't like their latest stuff), but despite that, it was a really good show. BTW, they recorded the show for their inminent live album!!

The set list (not in that order, but more or less) runs as follows:

1-Into the storm
2-Welcome to dying
3-Valhalla
4-The script for my requiem
5-Nightfall
6-Harvest of sorrow (I'm not sure if that's the English name, in the Spanish release it's sung in a rather pathetic Spanish, and it's called "Mies del dolor")
7-Lost in a twilight hall
8-Punishment divine
9-Time what is time
10-Under the ice
11-Majesty
12-The soulforged
13-Mordred's song
14-Time stands still
15-Imaginations from the other side
16-The bard's song
17-Mirror, mirror

And I think that was all. 2 great hours!!

Sodomy&Lust

13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
My faves are "Tales from the twilight world", "Somewhere far beyond" and "Imaginations from the other side".

I'm going to have lunch, my stomach is roaring :) See you!!

dan666

28 Apr. 2002
Nürnberg
www.fuckband.de
Shit! Seems they´ve played Majesty everywhere but in Stuttgart! :( But on the other hand, they´ve recorded the show for a DVD.

@sodomy: "Harvest Of Sorrow" is correct. I´ve already listened to the Spanish version but... Excuse me, I don´t speak any Spanish ;)

I think "Nighfall In Middle-Earth" is their best album but closely followed by "Imaginations...", "Somewhere..." and "Tales From...".

Smeagol

W:O:A Metalhead
19 Dez. 2001
Website besuchen
Blind Guardian in Lyon...

Blind Guardian is not my barrel of bier. I have seen them in Lyon (France) last week. In fact I was there for Nightmare, a french heavy metal who will be at Wacken this summer too.

Smeagol, warrior, warrior of the world

Is it really true that B.G. are a good live band? Some of their albums ,espescially the last one (loved it ;)) seems rather complex and intricate with all their orchestration and overdubs, how do they do the singing for instance? Lots of playback? I find it hard to believe it's a good liveband, but I can't wait anyway!!

Sodomy&Lust

13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
Well, they don't have any choir or orchest, they just have a guy who plays the keyboard, but I liked the show. If you like Blind Guardian, I think you won't be disapointed after their gig.

By the way, they played with Freedom Call, and my personal opinion is that the only good thing they have is the drummer.