Bands this year

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Bramadeus

23 Dez. 2001
Hellgium
herfst.deathmetal.be
I'm very disapointed to see that this year the bands who are playing are a lot less spectacular/good as last year...
The billing is very old school, also a lot of really mediocre bands...Seems they want to please just the German people who want to listen to uninteresting german bands...

What happened ? Last year we had such a great fucking time listening to awesome bands like In FLames, Dark Tranquility, Nightwish, Cryptopsy, Helloween, DImmu,...

I am really really sad that this year's billing is so "mediocre"
I just pray and hope they will announce some more interesting names.... Where are the times when the sun was about to set, you have a whle night of metal ahead of you, great music, great atmosphere...

Anyway I will be in Wacken of course, I just wanted to get this off my chest...
Hope to get some response on this...

Thordis V.

W:O:A Metalgod
25 Nov. 2001
Linz und Bern
www.myspace.com
I don't think the main problem is that black metal bands don't want to play, it's more the problem that bands don't get much offers from the festivals themselves. Because black metal fans aren't a majority.

G

Garm

It's because the organisators of Wacken don't like Black Metal!!!!!!!!
Anyway they're booking some bands to satisfy the audience who made Wacken that big!

Lvsitanno

W:O:A Metalhead
22 März 2002
Portugal
www.witchcraftproductions.web.pt
I believe the problem is that Wacken Open Air (hair?) is sponsored by labels such as Nuclear Blast, Century Media and Metal-Is and Germany is very fond of Heavy/traditional Metal, so they might be under some kind of "order" from the sponsors. Anyway that's what i think.

G

Garm

Thats right!
Fuck these teutonic gays!!!
WE WANT BLACK FUCKING METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kroppus

W:O:A Metalhead
2 März 2002
Oslo / NOrWAY
*is still laughing from "Nightwish, In Flames and Helloween = Black metal bands" :)

So what if there's a lot of bands you don't want to see? If there's not enough to make you wanna go? Remember there's no one that forces you to go.
Those that choose the bands are usually listeningto what the fans want. (my experience with them is only from Norway + Denmark) And sometime when enough people are threatening to boicott the festival until some good music comes, helps.

The best thing about there's beeing shitty bands on now and then is as WildCat said. More time to drink and stumble into other drunk people and have a really good time. So bring the beer and a chair and join the happy campers.