@all you people from abroad...

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Samurai

W:O:A Metalhead
9 März 2002
Unterfranken
Website besuchen
the question came to my mind, with which image of Germany do you come here? The one that is sometimes drawn in the English press for example? Or how does it look?

waiting for your answers...

Sodomy&Lust

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
I used to have a good image of Germany, until I saw your forum :D . Well, I was kidding, but I thought you were more serious people. My german teachers had never been too funny indeed.

But reading the german forum (and to those who post here usually as well), I've noticed that german metalheads are (at least) as insane as the ones from the rest of the world :)

My image of Germany is better than the one I have of Spain.

Sodomy&Lust

13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
In England is 70 miles per hour, which is a bit less than 120 km/h.
Spanish traffic police is only dangerous when the big roads pass through small villages. They're really lazy.

Well, any more stereotype about Germany?

grazo

3 März 2002
USA
Website besuchen
Ten years ago I was in Germany for around one month, and at the beginning I was scared about all what I heard abour racism in Germany, but I was hanging with Punks, and living in squats and I didn't have any problem I really had a good time there. The only thing I didn't like in that time was that there were to many skinheads in gigs and they always cause problems. I don't know if still the same now.
Actually I had more problems with police in Spain and France because they thought that I was from moroco, and many times they make me empty my backpack looking for drugs.
The only image that come to my mind about Germany is that looks like they are drinking beer all the time, and that they have the best beer from around the world. Is it that tue? Then years ago I used to drink more Jack daniels and used more drugs, so I didn't care too much about the beer, but I'm planning to taste the most that my body can take this time.

See you in Wacken.

Svartsinn

10 Apr. 2002
Trondheim, Norway
www.svartsinn.com
Speed limit

About the speed limit...in Norway it really sucks...among other shitty things, the speed limit is one of the really fucked up things in this country. Most of the country has low speed limit, we resently "upgraded" the speed limit till 100 in very strict areas - like the biggest highways and they even had to build some "wall" thing in between the lanes...huhuh. Anyway, if we see more than 80 on "normal good roads"...something sure is wrong!

Svartsinn

Fallen_Knight

22 Mai 2002
Leider Schweden
In Sweden we have 110 km/h on our highways.. :(

My picture of Germany is very good I might say ;)

I know German very mych, though I haven't spoken it for some time now :/

//Fallen_Knight

Iscariot

9 Jan. 2002
Apeldoorn- Netherlands
surf.to
I know the Germans a little and I think they are really ok (Germany has Wacken, how worse can that country be then?:))
Only that thing they have against our footballteam....? :D
But hey, who am I to say that because the Dutch have thesame with the German team:)

And why, in such a big country as Norway, can you only drive 100 km/h maximum?
And I think in a crowded country like mine 120 km/h is fast enough. Most of the time you are in a traffic jam so you don't even make 120km/h:D

Hi! I´m very glad to read, that your image of germany isn´t so bad like i had expected... i must say, that there are many countrys on earth i like more then germany -norway or sweden for example- but i thinkt the "german" is generally not that bad. it is right that in comparison with other country we drink much beer - but, as you also had mentioned - there are few countrys with beer as good as the german.

but we have problems, too. rasism is one, but i think, there are few countrys on world that do not have a problem with this and the mayority in germany, i think i can say that, is not rassistic...
but althogth there are not so many, i´m very upset about some idiots with no brain still poking around with their nazi-slogans. fuck of!!!!

i like the part of germany i live in, called "niederrhein" (it is between river rhein and the border to the netherlands) very much, because it is a beautiful countryside... but germany has also ugly places... in my opinion the ruhrgebiet for example.

as you had mentioned too, on our highways you can drive as fast as you want - if you can. there are traffic jams everywhere and that makes travelling in germany very bad, because, when you have left one, you may drive into another...

as you see: germany is a country like many others on this planet, but it has one advantage: wacken is lokated here!

Cheers to all!

@Iscariot: Dutch Football Nationalteams Sucks!!! ;-)
"Seht ihr Holland so wird das gemacht ;-) "

Svartsinn

10 Apr. 2002
Trondheim, Norway
www.svartsinn.com
Iscariot...well, I wouldn't consider Norway to be a big country...maybe compared to Holland though...I guess we have too many hills and curves around our big and majestic mountains to have a higher speed limit...but I mostly think it's too many Christian humanetic housewives in the wrong political parties with too much power that does this...*spit*