ABout getting totally drunk and the morning after

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Bramadeus

23 Dez. 2001
Hellgium
herfst.deathmetal.be
Hey dudes & dudettes...
Along with some kickass heavy metal Wacken is also -as we all know- the ultimate place to get totally drunk and act like a total idiot.
I recommend the cheapo (5dm for 1,5l) Sangria they sell at the supermarket, it tastes like some very nice fruit juice with alcohol in it.
What more can you want ?
Well, needless to say a couple of bottles a day can be quite entertaining... Especially if you mix em with Jagermeister as we did last year, we sure did have some fun (during Nightwish f ex etc).
The downside is the next morning, what are your tricks to get the hangover away ?
Does it help to drink gallons of coffee and take a cold shower or some other barbaric torturous mehods?
Maybe they should provide each visitor with a nude picture of the Evergrey singer, that'll surely wake us all up heheh.
Oh yeah, what beer do you recommend ?
We always get 24 half liter cans of this nasty german beer, maybe it's time we broadened up our horizon for once heheh :)

Btw if you have urls of you acting drunk and idiotic, or where you lie lifeless on the festival ground adorned with dozens of empty beer cans do send me the url, I always like to see those kind of things...
as for now, here are some pics of me and friends acting a little bit goofy
http://www.angelfire.com/realm/herfst/Bramgermeister.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/realm/herfst/tent1.jpg
this is me on the right, where I try to drink from the vdka bottle of some angry viking, do not try this at home heheh

http://www.angelfire.com/realm/herfst/tomasbramkarmen.jpg (here you see the sangria in empty glory)

http://www.angelfire.com/realm/herfst/Brampeter.jpg (this could be a nice sangria commercial heheh)

http://www.angelfire.com/realm/herfst/tomasbramp.jpg (nightwish)

I hope you'll enjoy these stupid pics eheh... Send yours!

MagicoVento

9 Apr. 2002
Bern
Website besuchen
ehi no picture at all!

I have no pictures of mine on the web... sorry!
Btw you'll see them "live" this year at WOA ;-)

Sangria and beer seem to be present in big quantity, but what about other alcohol? Vodka? Whisky? ... whatever else?

As I'm coming from Switzerland I think I can have troubles to pass the border with such innocent stuff... Does the local supermarket have enough of everything?

Bramadeus

23 Dez. 2001
Hellgium
herfst.deathmetal.be
about the pics, angelfire sucks, I guess in a few hrs they'll work again
fucking amateur bastards!
About the booze, the supermarket knows that metalheads like alcohol so I guess they spend the whole year ordering uncountable quantities of liquids...
I dunno if they have all sorts of exquisit liquors and shit but they have enough to get you by (drunk)...
I recommend you to come to the headbangersballroom at night when youre pissed, great place to meet :)

MagicoVento

9 Apr. 2002
Bern
Website besuchen
strategy for the "morning after": after getting drunk usually in the morning I feel a strong headache and a sensation like butterflies in my stomach. Usually 1Kg of aspirins for my head and some bread for my stomach help a little and it's not that painfull... any other "strategy"? any grammy's help for this situations?

Kroppus

W:O:A Metalhead
2 März 2002
Oslo / NOrWAY
*laughs*
There's only 4 ways to get over a hangover. :)

1) Wake up with someone and have really sweaty sex for then to fall asleep again for a few hours.

2) Drink at least 3 Bloody-Mary's as soon as you wake up and\or instead of breakfast.

3) Start with forcing down a few beers. After a while it don't taste as bad as the first one usually does.

4) Suffer through it with lot of water and salt food. (this one is just for people into S&M)

Luckily we vikings don't usually wake up with a hangover. Just a bit out of the body feeling and an tremendous thirst. Meaning that usually we tend to end up with soution 3. :)

AVOID HANGOVERS, STAY DRUNK!!!!!

Happy weekend and good drinking to all.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Thor

16 Dez. 2001
BaWü
@Bramadeus

Ohhh man this Viking looks really reallly Angry ;)!! I would better not ask him for a drink ;)

Sodomy&Lust

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
I like calimocho, a typical (and very cheap) spanish drink, which consists on coca-cola and red wine, with some ice cubes, of course. Here in my fucking country you can buy 1 l. of red wine for 0,60 euros (one of the few good things my country has), so I will take with me at least 12 l. You're all invited!!!

The only problem is the terrible hangover (only if you make calimocho with a cheap wine), but, as someone has said, you can have a few beers, and everything will be OK!!

Tschüss!!!!!

Thor

16 Dez. 2001
BaWü
hmmm you can get rather cheap wine here, too! I think a cheap wine is 1€ or so... But i don't like wine ...
Metal and beer rule supreme!

Brat

26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
Don't mean to be a wet blanket, but I don't think there's anything COOL about people getting drunk and losing control of their senses.

I'm travelling from Australia to REMEMBER Wacken, not to forget half.

But then, we have different culture in Australia regarding alcohol. We have a law called "Responsible Service of Alcohol" and all bar staff have to do a small course before being able to work behind a bar. One of the laws now is that bar staff are no longer allowed to serve a person who is drunk (slurring words, eye's don't focus, staggering to the bar, etc). Not only does it protect the pub and bar person from being sued if the drinker gets in an accident, it also protects the drinker by giving them the opportunity to sober up before getting another drink. If that person decides to leave, bar people and security also have to keep and eye on the person to make sure they don't drive home.

I like this law. I feel safer driving and going out knowing I don't have to put up with extremely drunk people. And if a person really wants to get that drunk-they can do it at home.

But that said...HERE ARE MY HANGOVER TIPS
When you wake up, drink the pickle juice from pickled cucumbers. Don't drink water. (This is my father's and my friend who is a very heavy drinker now swears by this).

I still prefer to drink 2 L water, 2 L coke, eat very greasy hot chips & spring roll. That's of course, if I can hold anything down ;)

Sorts

4 März 2002
Estonia
www.metal.ee
hangover

Almost anything helps what contains vitamin C.
Picle water, all kinds of juices and then few beers.
Also milk helps to feel better coz it's cleaning your body
from all kinds of poisons what makes hangover.
When you had only vodka last night then water is not good
coz just few classes of water and your'e drunk again.
Sometimes it's cool :).
Believet or not but also sex is very good medicine against
hangover. Few pleasant hours with your girl/boyfriend will
do the job. It works for me.

Sorts

4 März 2002
Estonia
www.metal.ee
hangover

Also i've tried this and works good.
Take two aspirins before drinking and