Where to sleep and how to go back to Itzehoe?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Rainbow

27 Sep. 2007
Hello, I live in Italy and next summer I want to go to Wacken. I would arrive there by train or by bus. I would sleep in a pension or a bed&breakfast in Itzehoe, but...when the concert fishes (2/3 in the morning) are there buses to take me back to Itzehoe station? Arrived there i would go back on feet to my house. I had seen a pdf file about WOA 2005 edition and the last buses to go back that village were really to soon. Could you help me? This year how was the whole thing organized about travelling and buses? I wouldn't sleep in camping 'cause I have no tent...Let me Know.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Hello, I live in Italy and next summer I want to go to Wacken. I would arrive there by train or by bus. I would sleep in a pension or a bed&breakfast in Itzehoe, but...when the concert fishes (2/3 in the morning) are there buses to take me back to Itzehoe station? Arrived there i would go back on feet to my house. I had seen a pdf file about WOA 2005 edition and the last buses to go back that village were really to soon. Could you help me? This year how was the whole thing organized about travelling and buses? I wouldn't sleep in camping 'cause I have no tent...Let me Know.

Why don't you stay at the camping?

Rainbow

27 Sep. 2007
In WOA site there are a lot of hotels and bed&breakfast that are shown...none of you has ever used the bus services to go back to these hotels after the show??

Rainbow

27 Sep. 2007
Ok...so...is it possible to RENT a tent at Wacken camping? Just not willing to buy it just for a concert...

LEX

W:O:A Metalhead
12 Juni 2004
Mpls. MN USA
www.myspace.com
yeah

The bus situation is pretty bad at the end of the fest (in the morning at least....I don't even know if they have any durring the dark hours.....don't think so). Your best option at that point is a taxi, and buying a tent is probably cheaper than one ride in a cab.

LEX

12 Juni 2004
Mpls. MN USA
www.myspace.com
Ok...so...is it possible to RENT a tent at Wacken camping? Just not willing to buy it just for a concert...

I wish there was! I would think the locals that scavenge the left behind tents after every festival, could make some good money renting them out or selling them cheap to travellers.

I would dig that. Tents SUCK trying to carry on the cheap airlines. If I could get a cheap used one there, then the lovely Mono' (who RULES) wouldn't get stuck with my dirty dirty tent every year.

What the heck becomes of all those tents?

bitchybunny

30 Okt. 2007
New York
groups.myspace.com

It might be easier for you to just buy a tent in Hamaburg. I can tell you it's a pain in the ass to go back and forth from Wacken, and last year I stayed in Hamburg! Urgh! It's probably better to camp out, unless you are going to rent a car and then drive back and forth. The buses stop running before the bands stop playing and the Taxi was between 30-35 Euros per trip just to the train station.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
It might be easier for you to just buy a tent in Hamaburg. I can tell you it's a pain in the ass to go back and forth from Wacken, and last year I stayed in Hamburg! Urgh! It's probably better to camp out, unless you are going to rent a car and then drive back and forth. The buses stop running before the bands stop playing and the Taxi was between 30-35 Euros per trip just to the train station.

You can also rent a camper. Problem solved, although they are heavy "drinkers" (in diesel, gas etc.)

Purge

13 Mai 2006
Chester, UK
www.last.fm
In 2006 I bought a tent at Wacken and just dumped it there... I mean, what's 30 euros in the grand scheme of things, especially compared to how much cash you're going to spend there anyway...? As well as that, you're willing to stay in a B&B for 3 or 4 nights and that's going to cost a damn site more than a tent and be a bastard to get back to! :rolleyes:

In 2007 it was much better... I found a great group of Dutch friends who took a tent for me, set it up for when i arrived and took it home with them!

So, the top tip is - find someone who drives and get them to take a tent for you!:D