Update Running Order

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Steve

1 Feb. 2007
I'm not too fussed about Destruction because I'll be seeing them in November. But what I'm really pissed off about is the Immortal/Moonsorrow & Municipal Waste clash and the Norther/Swallow The Sun clash, not impressed! :mad:

Astrum

W:O:A Metalhead
9 Mai 2006
Ramat Gan, Israel
OMG! This is horrible!

Sodom vs. Tyr
Black Dahlia Murder vs. Suidakra
Schandamaul vs. Dimmu Borgir (this is really a bad one)
DAR vs. Samael
Moonspell vs. Heaven Shall Burn
Immortal vs. Moonsorrow

Zoid

12 Jan. 2007
Really really no. This is not good.

The Destruction vs Norther vs Swallow the Sun is a tough call. However, I can consider that bad luck on my part for liking all 3, despite the fact they clearly have different sounds.

However, the Immortal vs Moonsorrow clash is shocking planning on the part of the organisers. These bands will clearly share many fans, as can already be seen from this thread. Couple this with the fact that the opporunity to see either of these bands is few and far between, then the organisers really should make a change to solve it. Finally add the problem that a band, surely as popular as Moonsorrow shouldn't be playing the tent and we have a problem on our hands.

Lend you support to this. Stop the Immortal vs Moonsorrow madness! (And if we CAN get the Swallow the Sun one sorted as well that'd be a bonus! :) )

Samoth

25 Mai 2007
Really really no. This is not good.

The Destruction vs Norther vs Swallow the Sun is a tough call. However, I can consider that bad luck on my part for liking all 3, despite the fact they clearly have different sounds.

However, the Immortal vs Moonsorrow clash is shocking planning on the part of the organisers. These bands will clearly share many fans, as can already be seen from this thread. Couple this with the fact that the opporunity to see either of these bands is few and far between, then the organisers really should make a change to solve it. Finally add the problem that a band, surely as popular as Moonsorrow shouldn't be playing the tent and we have a problem on our hands.

Lend you support to this. Stop the Immortal vs Moonsorrow madness! (And if we CAN get the Swallow the Sun one sorted as well that'd be a bonus! :) )

Yes, please sort it out. I have already written an email to the organizers urging the change as I dont know how often they look at the forums. I urge everyone who is not happy with the Moonsorrow Immortal clash to write in for the organizers to see that we are serious.
Cheers

slaytanic1

17 Dez. 2002
UK Plymouth
Website besuchen
Yes, please sort it out. I have already written an email to the organizers urging the change as I dont know how often they look at the forums. I urge everyone who is not happy with the Moonsorrow Immortal clash to write in for the organizers to see that we are serious.
Cheers

What`s the email address? I`m annoyed at the Municipal Waste/Immortal/Moonsorrow clash...especially when there`s little that excites me for a long spell in the afternoon.

slaytanic1

17 Dez. 2002
UK Plymouth
Website besuchen
No wonder the organizers never have time to come to this forum when they are held busy by emails from people who get agitated because of so many silly little things...

Agitated by so many silly little things? I`m spending the best part of 2 weeks wages, travelling overseas via train, plane and coach to go to a festival where the main objective is to watch bands I like. How on earth is pointing out that many of those bands clash a "silly little thing"? Going to Wacken costs me a lot of time and money and I want to see as many of the bands I like as possible and when four of them all clash at one point I see no harm in pointing it out in the hope something gets done!

Kate McGee

W:O:A Metalgod
13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
Agitated by so many silly little things? I`m spending the best part of 2 weeks wages, travelling overseas via train, plane and coach to go to a festival where the main objective is to watch bands I like. How on earth is pointing out that many of those bands clash a "silly little thing"? Going to Wacken costs me a lot of time and money and I want to see as many of the bands I like as possible and when four of them all clash at one point I see no harm in pointing it out in the hope something gets done!

:rolleyes: Oh, the ticket itself already costs what I get in a whole month.

Just imagine every single person would ask them to change every single little detail they dislike. How should they please everybody? It's simply impossible. And even if they find a way to suit MOST of the people, others will be disappointed again. I guess your Municipal Waste/Moonsorrow/Immortal clash (what's the fourth band, by the way?) cannot be solved completely; perhaps one of the bands will be rescheduled, but not all... Somebody has to draw the short straw; sad if it's you who has to put so much effort in the travel to Wacken, but if it's not you, somebody else would have the same problem. Clashes are fucking inevitable.

slaytanic1

17 Dez. 2002
UK Plymouth
Website besuchen
:rolleyes: Oh, the ticket itself already costs what I get in a whole month.

Just imagine every single person would ask them to change every single little detail they dislike. How should they please everybody? It's simply impossible. And even if they find a way to suit MOST of the people, others will be disappointed again. I guess your Municipal Waste/Moonsorrow/Immortal clash (what's the fourth band, by the way?) cannot be solved completely; perhaps one of the bands will be rescheduled, but not all... Somebody has to draw the short straw; sad if it's you who has to put so much effort in the travel to Wacken, but if it's not you, somebody else would have the same problem. Clashes are fucking inevitable.

Of course they`re inevitable...which is why I didn`t mention the fourth band because I`ve no problem with the clash. It`s Kai Hansen. I appreciate that fans of Kai wouldn`t obviously be fans of Immortal or Moonsorrow so shit like that will happen and you just get over it. But Moonsorrow and Immortal? They share identical fanbases. I would imagine Moonsorrow themselves are a bit miffed as they`ll realise a lot people who like them will want to see Immortal and start drifting off during their set.

Just look at the reactions in this forum and everyone I know who`s going is disappointed with the clash. The fact they`ve already attempted to change things once shows they realise it`s a problem. The one clash that keeps getting mentioned is the Immortal/Municipal Waste/Moonsorrow clash...it`s not as if it`s just me.

At the end of the day, if it clashes it clashes, I`ll choose to see one of them and live with it - it`s not the end of the world. But as long as there are forums available for people to point out obvious clashes with the hope of things changing then I`ll use them! We all love this music and get passionate about it and the festival, I don`t see what`s so "silly" about it.

Kate McGee

W:O:A Metalgod
13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
Of course they`re inevitable...which is why I didn`t mention the fourth band because I`ve no problem with the clash. It`s Kai Hansen. I appreciate that fans of Kai wouldn`t obviously be fans of Immortal or Moonsorrow so shit like that will happen and you just get over it. But Moonsorrow and Immortal? They share identical fanbases. I would imagine Moonsorrow themselves are a bit miffed as they`ll realise a lot people who like them will want to see Immortal and start drifting off during their set.

Just look at the reactions in this forum and everyone I know who`s going is disappointed with the clash. The fact they`ve already attempted to change things once shows they realise it`s a problem. The one clash that keeps getting mentioned is the Immortal/Municipal Waste/Moonsorrow clash...it`s not as if it`s just me.

At the end of the day, if it clashes it clashes, I`ll choose to see one of them and live with it - it`s not the end of the world. But as long as there are forums available for people to point out obvious clashes with the hope of things changing then I`ll use them! We all love this music and get passionate about it and the festival, I don`t see what`s so "silly" about it.

Talking about these clashes in the forum is not silly. That's what it is there for. What I find a little silly is writing emails to the orgas...they've got loads of work anyway.

Oh...by the way...I'm looking forward to Immortal but I don't see any reason for going to Moonsorrow. And I'm sure I'm not the only one.

moshmonkey666

24 Nov. 2003
Ireland
www.frontlinewrestling.tk

im still stuck in between hoping the wacken organisers will use some sense, this problem can EASILY be fixed! switch uhleig with moonsorrow, more than likely people in the whole industrial electronic thing wont be big into black metal and vice versa! i have a few clashes myself but they are very different styles of metal so chances are most fans of one band wont be a fan of another.

zombiecag

3 Jan. 2007
Peterborough, England
There's a few clashes for me, but none too tragic..
Immortal/Municipal Waste sucks, but they're totally different styles, so it doesn't surprise me at all.
Hate to say it but I'm gonna be missing half of Immortal to catch a good amount of Municipal Waste..
It sucks, but I'll live as I'll have still seen Immortal :)

I'm not a Moonsorrow fan so that part of the clash doesn't bother me really, but I totally get why people are pissed about it.

I'm also gonna have to miss Swallow the Sun for someone (I forgot), sad, but I'll live.

MetalViking

26 Feb. 2007
England
Is it me or do Immortal and Moonsorrow not clash at all now?
Yay, although im seeing stormwarrior instead of Immortal, my taste more :)